Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2023, 12:39 PM

4,045 posts, read 4,426,662 times

Advertisements

I've been having these issues for the past few months at least...it feels like it's originating in the gut and going mainly through my digestive system. The symptoms are usually feeling full after eating just a little,eye floaters,sometimes fatigue,slight pulsating in upper left chest...not quite the heart but it feels like somewhere near there. Possibly upper stomach or whatever organs are near there. Possibly spleen,pancreas,or even liver are involved. Interesting when I wake up in the morning I hardly have any symptoms so that makes me think maybe it could be a cleansing/detox thing or inflammation of some sort. I was diagnosed with fatty liver back around 2014 but have since changed my diet and lost alot of weight. My diet still isn't perfect as I like to pick at the occasional treat etc. There are no constant sharp pains really or symptoms of cancer etc like blood or vomiting,and no consistent symptoms of any sort so mainstream doctors aren't able to pinpoint what it might be. I had my pancreatic enzymes checked a few months ago at the ER when I had concerns,but was told they generally handle crisis situations more effectively than just poking around with tests. They said it may be digestive related and gave me a prescrip for Pepcid and a number for a gastro doc. By the time I got the appointment I was feeling ok again,then the symptoms started popping up again.
At this point I'm thinking perhaps it just may be my system adjusting to all the things I'm throwing at it,everything from cleansers on down...
I don't have a regular doctor,or insurance and cannot afford to be throwing money at guessing. I have looked up some functional practitioners,but again finances come into play. I've actually been studying natural health for years now and thusfar have manager to self treat and avoid the mainstream medical machine. However this one is baffling....

Last edited by Truth11; 08-01-2023 at 01:01 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2023, 03:58 PM

23,250 posts, read 18,764,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth11 View Post
I don't have a regular doctor,or insurance and cannot afford to be throwing money at guessing. I have looked up some functional practitioners,but again finances come into play. I've actually been studying natural health for years now and thusfar have manager to self treat and avoid the mainstream medical machine. However this one is baffling....
Then maybe it's time for some mainstream medicine caliber diagnostics/baselines...testing you cannot carry out on your own. At least it could eliminate some more ominous things that would benefit from attention sooner than later, and it might help re-focus your attention in a better direction. More grist for the mill so to speak. Results could inform but not necessarily dictate what you do.

Last edited by Parnassia; 08-01-2023 at 05:20 PM..

Old 08-01-2023, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
Then maybe it's time for some mainstream medicine caliber diagnostics/baselines...testing you cannot carry out on your own. At least it could eliminate some more ominous things that would benefit from attention sooner than later, and it might help re-focus your attention in a better direction. More grist for the mill so to speak. Results could inform but not necessarily dictate what you do.

I have had tests along the way and they've shown no concerning signs,or at least ones that were brought to my attention. One of the tests had a blood cell count that was slightly off,but I've got to revisit that and see if there was a reason for concern. I think when I looked at it it may have shown slight anemia or something...

Old 08-02-2023, 09:58 AM

9,847 posts, read 7,712,566 times
Can you do an elimination type diet over the next couple of weeks to see if you can figure out if a specific food is triggering these symptoms?

Old 08-02-2023, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
Can you do an elimination type diet over the next couple of weeks to see if you can figure out if a specific food is triggering these symptoms?
I've done that,it seems like pretty much anything. I was beginning to think I was becoming one of those people who is allergic to everything,but I think I'm coming up on a solution...probiotics!

Old 08-02-2023, 05:42 PM

547 posts, read 326,311 times
Quote:
I've done that,it seems like pretty much anything. I was beginning to think I was becoming one of those people who is allergic to everything,but I think I'm coming up on a solution...probiotics!

i cant say enough good things about probiotics. i do kefir, yogurt, cultured cottage cheese, and one capsule of bacillus coagulans per day (bacillus coagulans are amazing). give it some time -- takes some weeks to see results. also feed the bugs plenty of fiber - different kinds, fruit/veg/nuts/etc

in addition to probiotics you should consider adding the leaky gut repair protocol. glutamine two or three times/day. also bone broth (esp chicken), gelatin, glucosamine. eliminate fried foods and fake sugar. might also dump the gluten. can cheat with some of those after you get your gut right and your symptoms are gone

also you might look at digestive enzymes. taken with food they help break down the food. taken on empty stomach they help heal the body. as i understand it, there are three main types of enzymes. recommend getting a supplement that has all three. here's an interesting article

https://www.peacehealth.org/medical-.../id/hn-2840008

Old 08-02-2023, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheka View Post
i cant say enough good things about probiotics. i do kefir, yogurt, cultured cottage cheese, and one capsule of bacillus coagulans per day (bacillus coagulans are amazing). give it some time -- takes some weeks to see results. also feed the bugs plenty of fiber - different kinds, fruit/veg/nuts/etc

also you might look at digestive enzymes. taken with food they help break down the food. taken on empty stomach they help heal the body. as i understand it, there are three main types of enzymes. recommend getting a supplement that has all three.

I haven't been taking the probiotics on enough of a regular basis I guess...the only ones I have are a formula with a couple strains,plus some s.boulardii. I had been eating sauerkraut for awhile but that trailed off as well when I ran out. I would also eat some yogurt,but sometimes I felt that it backed me up somehow...perhaps I wasn't taking it at the correct time of day. I also would eat fruits,nuts,etc but I didn't feel that it made much difference. Then I recently heard that our biome changes on a regular basis,so I just need to make it more regular. I also have enzymes that I would take as well.

Old 08-02-2023, 05:59 PM

Quote:
I haven't been taking the probiotics on enough of a regular basis I guess...the only ones I have are a formula with a couple strains,plus some s.boulardii. I had been eating sauerkraut for awhile but that trailed off as well when I ran out. I would also eat some yogurt,but sometimes I felt that it backed me up somehow...perhaps I wasn't taking it at the correct time of day. I also would eat fruits,nuts,etc but I didn't feel that it made much difference. Then I recently heard that our biome changes on a regular basis,so I just need to make it more regular. I also have enzymes that I would take as well.

cant pound the table hard enough on bacillus coagulans. we've gotten INCREDIBLE results with the swanson brand of them

Old 08-02-2023, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheka View Post
cant pound the table hard enough on bacillus coagulans. we've gotten INCREDIBLE results with the swanson brand of them

And Swanson is reasonably priced...but why just Coagulans? Wouldn't I be better off just getting a multi strain probiotic?

Old 08-03-2023, 05:25 PM

Quote:
And Swanson is reasonably priced...but why just Coagulans? Wouldn't I be better off just getting a multi strain probiotic?
you can do others too. just make sure to take a bc capsule per day. i've seen them do wonders alone.

like i posted earlier -- i take bc and eat probiotic foods daily - kefir, yogurt, etc. i worry about capsules and the bugs being dead in there. they are live organisms that need stuff to live. kefir, yogurt are perfect vehicles

bacillus coagulans live inside of a spore. and the spore opens up when it gets to the small intestine -- delivering them to the exact spot they need to go to work. this spore also protects them from stomach acid and makes them more shelf stable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine