Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2024, 01:29 PM

1,197 posts, read 527,858 times

Advertisements

Just what the title says. I'm old (seventies) and in otherwise "good" or "ok" health. I only have one kidney and get edema sometimes. I have a compression unit I use sometimes, which really helps.

My B12 and D3 are often low. I'm supplementing, but sometimes forget, so I'm sure levels are still too low.

I went to a chiropractor last week and it was a wonderful treatment.

I get massaged weekly and just had a massage yesterday.

For the last two nights, I have not been able to keep my eyes open past 8 p.m. - very untypical - usually get tired around midnight. Have slept for more than eight hours for those two nights and still tired.

I also use homeopathic remedies and had been taking Arsenicum Album, which I've stopped.

I'm trying to do tax prep and had an angry outburst/meltdown today when I cried briefly. Am very much not into this task.

Overall, very irritable.

Any comments or ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2024, 01:44 PM

13,285 posts, read 8,442,400 times
Electrolyte.

Start intake.

Iron anc potassium may also be needed.

As a homeopathic follower in some ways... I still find modern medicinal simplicity can aide.

Get your electrolytes improved.

Here's hoping it's that little nudge that brings you better days.

Old 02-06-2024, 01:47 PM

7,066 posts, read 4,510,340 times
No wonder you don’t feel motivated with your health issues. Put your vitamins in a daily pill container so you can remember to take them. You might want to see your doctor. Good luck!!

Old 02-06-2024, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Electrolyte.

Start intake.

Iron anc potassium may also be needed.

As a homeopathic follower in some ways... I still find modern medicinal simplicity can aide.

Get your electrolytes improved.

Here's hoping it's that little nudge that brings you better days.
Thank you. I will look into electrolytes. I know nothing about them!

Old 02-06-2024, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
No wonder you don’t feel motivated with your health issues. Put your vitamins in a daily pill container so you can remember to take them. You might want to see your doctor. Good luck!!
Haha - yes, it's not easy to push on sometimes! Thank you for your kindness - much appreciated!

Old 02-06-2024, 03:08 PM

9,847 posts, read 7,712,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by considerforamoment View Post
Thank you. I will look into electrolytes. I know nothing about them!
I think it's a good idea to try. We drink them. We order a brand online called Ultima and mix a scoop in a glass of water. I add a little salt to cut the sweetness. It's also available in health food stores and was recommended by our nutritionist.

Old 02-07-2024, 02:16 AM

13,285 posts, read 8,442,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
I think it's a good idea to try. We drink them. We order a brand online called Ultima and mix a scoop in a glass of water. I add a little salt to cut the sweetness. It's also available in health food stores and was recommended by our nutritionist.
Good suggestion on the salt (sodium) . Its actually part of the electrolyte balancing.

Word to the wise- Gatorade, pedialyte are two known forms of electrolyte replenishers'. My health co-ordinator advised that no more then 40 ounces per day when re-hydrating the system . Otherwise a 8 ounce per day is acceptable. I recall when I had the flu it was amp'd up to 60 ounces but that was to aide in high fever reduction and the fact that of losing more fluids ( nausea) .

Old 02-07-2024, 04:40 AM

68,326 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by considerforamoment View Post
Just what the title says. I'm old (seventies) and in otherwise "good" or "ok" health. I only have one kidney and get edema sometimes. I have a compression unit I use sometimes, which really helps.

My B12 and D3 are often low. I'm supplementing, but sometimes forget, so I'm sure levels are still too low.

I went to a chiropractor last week and it was a wonderful treatment.

I get massaged weekly and just had a massage yesterday.

For the last two nights, I have not been able to keep my eyes open past 8 p.m. - very untypical - usually get tired around midnight. Have slept for more than eight hours for those two nights and still tired.

I also use homeopathic remedies and had been taking Arsenicum Album, which I've stopped.

I'm trying to do tax prep and had an angry outburst/meltdown today when I cried briefly. Am very much not into this task.

Overall, very irritable.

Any comments or ideas?

Get out and walk a bit everyday, it's often more invigorating than tiring.

Old 02-07-2024, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Get out and walk a bit everyday, it's often more invigorating than tiring.
Good advice. I did yesterday and it helped.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine