Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 12:49 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,494,757 times

Advertisements

Recently Dr. Ralph Carson, Co-Founder and Chief Science Officer of Monarch Health Sciences, appeared in a radio interview with Steve O'Brien, news correspondent for CBS FM Radio, New York. Dr. Carson has a degree in pathology from Duke University School of Medicine, as well as a PhD in nutrition from Auburn University.
Moderator cut: no posting copyrighted material

Randomized Controlled Study Confirms MonaVie Active(TM) Acai Juice has High Antioxidant Capacity
2007-10-09 - MonaVie

PUYALLUP, WA, October 9, 2007 - Moderator cut: no copyrighted material

Last edited by Suzet2262; 06-20-2008 at 08:10 PM.. Reason: you cant post copyrighted material...post a LINK if you want people to read what you are talking about

Old 06-20-2008, 01:24 PM

4,729 posts, read 19,467,565 times
Soliciting products is against the TOS of this site. Please stop tryong to sell this juice which contains artificial harmful preservates which intereact with other ingredients to create benzene...a carcinogen even in minute amounts

Dangers of Drinking Monavie

This product as well as you need to be banned

Old 06-20-2008, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by groove1 View Post
Soliciting products is against the TOS of this site. Please stop tryong to sell this juice which contains artificial harmful preservates which intereact with other ingredients to create benzene...a carcinogen even in minute amounts

Dangers of Drinking Monavie

This product as well as you need to be banned
I am not selling anything! Just putting info on a thread much like the juice plus info that is all over CD!
The studies that you refer are related to soft drinks. Nothing said about juice!
But thanks for your concern!

Old 06-20-2008, 02:20 PM

You are the one starting the threads. Go sell cigs if you want to give someone cancer. This stuff is hoorible. There's a reason stores like Whole Foods will not sell it, thus leaving it to uneducated indivudaul salespeople such as yourself.

Old 06-20-2008, 03:06 PM

Monavie the company does not want it sold out of retail stores.

Old 06-20-2008, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by groove1 View Post
You are the one starting the threads. Go sell cigs if you want to give someone cancer. This stuff is hoorible. There's a reason stores like Whole Foods will not sell it, thus leaving it to uneducated indivudaul salespeople such as yourself.
Actually they are doing testing where it has killed cancer cells. And it tastes GREAT too!

Old 06-20-2008, 08:14 PM

2,110 posts, read 6,973,791 times
Milborn, if you want to discuss Monavie on here you cant keep posting articles written about it, you have been told before, you need to post a link to it.

Groove1, I am not quite sure why you are attacking Milborn over his use of Monavie. I happen to take it myself as does my entire family and we love it. Whatever the reason is, you need to stop it. He has aas much right to post about what he uses as does anyone else on here. I will let this post stand for now, but one more nasty thing is said and it will be closed and infractions will be given.

Old 06-20-2008, 08:24 PM

http://www.itsfactor.com/Dr._Carson_Interviewed_by_Steve_O_Brien_of_CBS_Rad io.pdf (broken link)

Randomized Controlled Study Confirms MonaVie Active(TM) Acai Juice has High Antioxidant Capacity :: News :: Natural and Nutritional Products Industry Center (http://www.npicenter.com/anm/templates/newsATemp.aspx?articleid=19616&zoneid=28 - broken link)

Old 06-20-2008, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzet2262 View Post
Milborn, if you want to discuss Monavie on here you cant keep posting articles written about it, you have been told before, you need to post a link to it.

Groove1, I am not quite sure why you are attacking Milborn over his use of Monavie. I happen to take it myself as does my entire family and we love it. Whatever the reason is, you need to stop it. He has aas much right to post about what he uses as does anyone else on here. I will let this post stand for now, but one more nasty thing is said and it will be closed and infractions will be given.
I guess I am posting more than allowed these days with the link following sorry!

Old 06-21-2008, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzet2262 View Post

There are plenty of products with similar ingredients on the market that do not contain cancer causing chemicals. If major soft drink manufacturers have removed these ingredients, it says something. There is no need for the OP to start several different threads touting Monavie. I am just trying to educate people about the dangers of these chemicals and that they need to at least be aware of these before they consume the products.

FDA re-opens probe into benzene contamination of soft drinks

"The problem is caused by two common ingredients - sodium benzoate and ascorbic acid (vitamin C) - which can react together to cause benzene formation."

Fresh health fears hit benzoate in soft drinks

"Common preservative sodium benzoate, widely used in soft drinks and other foods, is again at the centre of health concerns after research emerged linking it to cell damage. "

LP: Caution Some soft drinks may seriously harm your health [sodium benzoate + citric acid -> benzene]

FWIW, I work for a major foodservice company and also going to school get my degree in nutrition and have a nutritionist for a mentor, so I consider myself knowledgeable on the subject of food and nutrition. I have also worked for a regional organic/natural foods store.

Last edited by groove1; 06-21-2008 at 08:07 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine