Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2017, 07:06 PM

2 posts, read 14,540 times

Advertisements

This is for the Poster of the following....

Dolan Springs, Arizona--Don't Go Here! (Lake Havasu City, Kingman: for sale, house, buyers) which I found to be untrue, unfounded and nothing more than hate mail.

Read more: https://www.city-data.com/forum/arizo...#ixzz4vidIYOsq

Monday October 16, 2017

I just finished a trip to this little Desert Town. I was visiting a friend I hadn't seen for over 20 years and had no idea what to expect. Spent two weeks up there arrived on a greyhound to a truck stop in Kingman, AZ. My friend was waiting for me with a smile and wave at the bus as we pulled in. I met two local residents with whom I would spend the next two weeks with (mind you we are total strangers at this point).

I tell you I have never felt more at home with total strangers than these people made me feel. I had just left the hustle and bustle of a major city and was looking for a little reprieve from the always on your toes life of the city. I had read the post from the above title and I'm so glad I gave it no weight in my travel plans.

The town is scratched out of the desert though hard work, blood , sweat and tears. Every single person I met had a smile and something nice to say. People up here own their own destiny, land and I admire them. I imagine it is a very tough existence and not for the faint at heart or anyone lazy. I didn't bring a car and the town is spread out a lot more than I am used to. I tried walking to the local markets downtown 3 times and never made it farther than a 1/4 mile on Pierce Ferry Rd. without someone stopping to offer me a ride. Mind you I didn't make it in to every business but the ones I did make it into were clean and the people were polite, courteous and friendly. The Double D and the Dollar Store were both both really nice with whatever I needed and always friendly smiling employees.

Total strangers that I met loaned me a car. Try that in the city ......never happening. I didn't abuse this nice gesture and although it didn't last as long as I thought it would it did happen and I was truly struck by this kindness.

To the 3 people that I met up here who took me hiking up Mt. Mittin ( I'm not sure of the spelling) I want to extend my thanks, gratitude and appreciation. Three world class people whom I'd be proud to call friends and I don't use the term lightly.

To my friend I visited I'm so thankful I made the trip. Seems the Desert life has been good for you. You are in much better spirits than last we saw each other.

I leave you with a with a partial quote ( the rest is private) from my friend I traveled to see

I BELIEVE YOU TAUGHT ME THE TRUEST VALUE OF FRIENDSHIP......AND I THANK YOU...

Well , it seems my friend you have returned the favor and I learned from you on this trip. A heartfelt thanks to you for a wonderful trip my apologies for anything out of line that I did, I would never intentionally hurt your feelings. I love your life...

Please leave this post intact as it is,

Stranger_In_Town
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2017, 07:40 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,955,180 times
The Dolan Springs Chamber of Commerce thanks you.

Old 10-17-2017, 04:51 AM

2,560 posts, read 2,301,228 times
Nice you had a good experience. I hope the infrastructure of the City is ready for the onslaught once people find out.

Old 10-17-2017, 06:54 AM

2,925 posts, read 3,090,811 times
Dude, don't ruin Arizona's terrible reputation! Hehe.

Old 10-17-2017, 07:58 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,609,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger_in_Town View Post
Stranger_In_Town
Ok, mister...

We don't normally cotton to strangers around these parts, so if you ain't got any more business here, we need to ask you to collect yore things and git up on yore horse - if you got one - and git on out of town... by sundown.

Old 10-17-2017, 08:33 PM

2,925 posts, read 3,090,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt AZ View Post
Ok, mister...

We don't normally cotton to strangers around these parts, so if you ain't got any more business here, we need to ask you to collect yore things and git up on yore horse - if you got one - and git on out of town... by sundown.
"You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Colt AZ again"

Hehe. Funny thing, my original interweb handle was 'the stranger', but it soon was overwhelmingly taken by other(s).

And fer the other stranger in town, if'n y'all don' realize it, Colt meant this as tongue in cheek. At least ah'm fairly shore of it . . .

Old 11-10-2017, 11:25 PM

2 posts, read 14,540 times
I'm going to be headed back to Dolan before the end of the first quarter of 2018. I plan on opening a business which does not depend on any local issues hopefully drawing out some motivated individuals who like myself enjoy life and work hard to get what they want. Opportunities for locals to engage in gainfull employment without having to travel to Henderson or Kingman, etc. And thank you for all the replies to Stranger_In_Town,

Old 11-11-2017, 01:55 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,955,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger_in_Town View Post
I'm going to be headed back to Dolan before the end of the first quarter of 2018. I plan on opening a business which does not depend on any local issues hopefully drawing out some motivated individuals who like myself enjoy life and work hard to get what they want. Opportunities for locals to engage in gainfull employment without having to travel to Henderson or Kingman, etc. And thank you for all the replies to Stranger_In_Town,
Doing what?

Old 11-13-2017, 06:44 PM

13,211 posts, read 21,823,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
Doing what?
Cannabis plantation.

Old 05-11-2021, 06:47 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,899,855 times
Dolan Springs is expanding. We will have 2 Dollar stores close to each other, which I think is silly. Real estate is selling fast, except for certain trashy areas. People latch onto an acre, and think they can operate a business in a residential area with impunity. Several misguided souls believe they can live on land with no power or septic indefinitely. Wrong. Nor can they drag many trailers, and RVs onto an acre and rent out. We don't need a sandy ghetto. Dead cars, stray dogs, cows being hit by cars, and left to bloat up in the hot sun. Free range is not a good idea with the traffic we have increasing every day. They keep bringing up 1860 laws LOL. This is 2021. And dangerous. Still, the clear skies, clean air, good people, and nature keep me here at least for now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona