Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2021, 11:08 PM

30,355 posts, read 19,128,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly_me View Post
Hi,

Ok so we can't get in new home we bought until November 1. Tenants move out.
We are in a terrible sublet in fry town. The home for Nov 1 is on golf course.
I don't want to use the language to describe it here because I'm unsure what words are not allowed.

It's a very low end town and I made the decision based on wonderful weather, still close to LA, houses priced right and need to be fixed up to sell and do sell in a week.

But it is dreary.

Where do I go for any culture?

Most of the businesses are closed since Covid. It's devastating.

The Mall had up to 70% of shops closed. It is like an apocalypse.

Should I just hurry and join the country club ?

He golfed there and said it was only ok and he is unsure he would want that course all the time. I can talk him into it if you all think it's the only nice place in town ? I don't know if they let me try out the exercise classes before buying a huge membership. I would hope so .

I am used to first rate cities. Do not yell at me! Please. I knew it was a small town and read all you said.

Just try to be nice and offer ideas where to go. I'm really down. Down. Down.

Yes, went to Bisbee for dinner and that is nice and will do once a week.

He is also devastated he cannot buy weed here. Only in Bisbee ? I don't smoke. But he, too, feels stifled due to this.

Thank you.

What do you mean by culture, is it strip clubs, gambling and comedy shows like Vegas? SV is a small town in a rural area, the culture is small town activities, biking, hiking, bird watching, going to Mexico if you're adventuress. We liked going hiking, biking and bird watching in Ramsay Canyon when we were in SV.

You seem like a big city girl in a small town, either embrace it or leave and go back to the city. I just spent a few days in LA and enjoyed it but could neve rlive in a plac with that much traffic all the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2021, 02:48 AM

1,047 posts, read 725,444 times
Default you are right, Gem

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemstone1 View Post
You want culture, take a trip to Nogales....plenty of culture there....the best border town. Instead of whining about the predicament you find yourself in, embrace the area. The Southwest is an outdoor lovers paradise, so much to see and do. If spa's and salons are your thing, you have certainly missed the target.

Regards
Gemstone1
Thank you. I have been doing better. I am woe is me in the middle of the night but I am enjoying it more. Small town is cute and there are a lot of great gyms.
His car has been in the shop for so long and this New Yorker doesn't know how to drive -- yet - is why we have not seen Nogales and Prescott.

Old 09-12-2021, 02:53 AM

Default true

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hschlick84 View Post
Take a trip up to Prescott, it's cooler temps than Sierra Vista. Tons of hiking trails, outdoor activities and breweries. We have culture here.
Thank you kindly. We will but as you know due to covid, customer service is insane and he has been dealing with wrong parts being sent to mechanic for weeks. When we get car out of shop, all we be better, this New Yorker (me) needs to learn to drive!

Old 09-12-2021, 02:56 AM

Default getting better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
What do you mean by culture, is it strip clubs, gambling and comedy shows like Vegas? SV is a small town in a rural area, the culture is small town activities, biking, hiking, bird watching, going to Mexico if you're adventuress. We liked going hiking, biking and bird watching in Ramsay Canyon when we were in SV.

You seem like a big city girl in a small town, either embrace it or leave and go back to the city. I just spent a few days in LA and enjoyed it but could neve rlive in a plac with that much traffic all the time.
Hi,

I did not go to the places you mentioned the couple years in Vegas. I am used to NYC/LA/Austin, etc. Thank you for your input.

Old 09-12-2021, 06:57 AM

1,997 posts, read 861,853 times
Wow! You started another thread about more problems about your move? It seems to me you are simply a malcontent, or you crave constant attention.

Old 09-12-2021, 01:44 PM

7,505 posts, read 4,347,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenvalleyfan View Post
Wow! You started another thread about more problems about your move? It seems to me you are simply a malcontent, or you crave constant attention.
I think that people that move around a lot will never be happy no matter where they go? We moved only once, from New York to Arizona and found our paradise. We have no plans or desire to go anywhere else.

Old 09-12-2021, 01:54 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,763,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly_me View Post
Hi,

Ok so we can't get in new home we bought until November 1. Tenants move out.
We are in a terrible sublet in fry town. The home for Nov 1 is on golf course.
I don't want to use the language to describe it here because I'm unsure what words are not allowed.

It's a very low end town and I made the decision based on wonderful weather, still close to LA, houses priced right and need to be fixed up to sell and do sell in a week.

But it is dreary.

Where do I go for any culture?

Most of the businesses are closed since Covid. It's devastating.

The Mall had up to 70% of shops closed. It is like an apocalypse.

Should I just hurry and join the country club ?

He golfed there and said it was only ok and he is unsure he would want that course all the time. I can talk him into it if you all think it's the only nice place in town ? I don't know if they let me try out the exercise classes before buying a huge membership. I would hope so .

I am used to first rate cities. Do not yell at me! Please. I knew it was a small town and read all you said.

Just try to be nice and offer ideas where to go. I'm really down. Down. Down.

Yes, went to Bisbee for dinner and that is nice and will do once a week.

He is also devastated he cannot buy weed here. Only in Bisbee ? I don't smoke. But he, too, feels stifled due to this.

Thank you.
I have two questions:

1. Why did you move to AZ and buy a house in that area?

2. Didn’t you check the area for all the things that are so important to you?

Old 09-12-2021, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
I have two questions:

1. Why did you move to AZ and buy a house in that area?

2. Didn’t you check the area for all the things that are so important to you?
It's just a home to fix up and sell. Won't be a forever home. There is a housing shortage so if you know how to do a lot of renovations yourself it's a good time.

Old 09-12-2021, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
I think that people that move around a lot will never be happy no matter where they go? We moved only once, from New York to Arizona and found our paradise. We have no plans or desire to go anywhere else.
I lived in Manhattan, NY almost all my life but now s/o wants to fix up a few homes to sell while we have such an extreme housing shortage. It was me that was being silly and not viewing this as a business venture. Thank you for your input.

Old 09-12-2021, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenvalleyfan View Post

You should go on reddit with your negative feedback.

I come on this site once every few years. **

The other post was a concern over a neighbor and it is resolved thanks to many here and I ended that thread positively and said thank you, similarly here.

All is fine.

I wrote the woe is me in middle of night. But now I'm fine and realize this is a business venture not something for me to see as a vacation.
Have a blessed day and thanks for your input. They don't let you delete threads here like every other site or I would because it no longer applies. All is fluid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona