Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 07:07 PM

123 posts, read 321,277 times

Advertisements

Oh, so no more freedom of speech here in the forums? Someone relates a negative experience and you al go politically correct on top of them? These post toward that person you all are being hateful too says a great deal about who you all are.

He had a bad experience. People do that. Not everyone wants to be a sheep, a part of a clique nor do they all have the same experience in a place or with people. Some of you love Kingman....great!.

He is doing what he needed to do....tell his experience. No place is absolutely perfect but there IS a perfect place for him somewhere....as it is a perfect place for many in Kingman.

Now he or she is moving on. Sorry it was bad for you whomever you are and I hope you find a better fit for yourself.

Old 11-05-2009, 07:16 PM

13,211 posts, read 21,822,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MZBEA View Post
Someone relates a negative experience and you al go politically correct on top of them?
No, perhaps you need to reread the original post. Quote: "most of the population lacks education as well as common sense."

Now since I'm part of the Kingman population, I would take that as a direct insult. The comment is rude and ignorant on many levels, and negates the rest of his post as far as I'm concerned. Honestly, did I really need to spell it out for you?

Old 11-06-2009, 12:48 AM

861 posts, read 2,191,297 times
seems like the moderators are working overtime on here lately...

Old 11-06-2009, 02:27 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,292,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I too have heard it said that medical care in Kingman is now good.

The irony was that 20 years ago; Lake Havasu was the cat's meow-----------not anymore apparently.

It depends on what you are referring to. For a patient, the medical care might be perceived as being excellent and that very well may be the case. However, I know a lot of physicians including residents and they have nothing but bad things to say about the medical community there. They indeed say it is good ole boy and that was the exact quote I heard as well. Apparently, the established doctors who have been practicing there for decades are not that friendly toward the foreign doctors and the residents. Someone like kdog or a resident of the community would know nothing about this unless they worked in the hospital.

Old 11-06-2009, 05:53 AM

314 posts, read 924,315 times
Quote:
Oh, so no more freedom of speech here in the forums? Someone relates a negative experience and you al go politically correct on top of them? These post toward that person you all are being hateful too says a great deal about who you all are.

He had a bad experience. People do that. Not everyone wants to be a sheep, a part of a clique nor do they all have the same experience in a place or with people. Some of you love Kingman....great!.

He is doing what he needed to do....tell his experience. No place is absolutely perfect but there IS a perfect place for him somewhere....as it is a perfect place for many in Kingman.

Now he or she is moving on. Sorry it was bad for you whomever you are and I hope you find a better fit for yourself.
Well said! AZ is NOT a great fit for everyone, and there ARE those of us that have had a largely negative experience here. I do agree that the "education" comment was tacky and rude, however.

Old 11-06-2009, 08:37 AM

13,211 posts, read 21,822,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
It depends on what you are referring to. For a patient, the medical care might be perceived as being excellent and that very well may be the case.
Quality of patient care is the ONLY thing that is important to residents living here.
Quote:
However, I know a lot of physicians including residents and they have nothing but bad things to say about the medical community there. They indeed say it is good ole boy and that was the exact quote I heard as well.
That's true, there's a lot of that which goes on there and in the town in general. I don't think Kingman is the only small town in America with a good-old boy network. Without going into details, I can tell you that the political climate of the hospital is in fact on a path to improvement however.

Quote:
Apparently, the established doctors who have been practicing there for decades are not that friendly toward the foreign doctors and the residents.
Sounds like a bunch of unsubstantiated hearsay to me. Perhaps the people you're talking were passed-over for jobs at Kingman and are now vindictive. KRMC is actually very selective and maybe your foreign-born cronies didn't make the cut. However, many do. Here's a link to the hospital Physician directory. Kingman Regional Medical Center :: SERVICES & PHYSICIANS :: PHYSICIAN DIRECTORY . See for yourself that Kingman has quite a few foreign doctors on staff, many of which have been here for many years, are well established and with good reputations. You think they'd stick around if they were discriminated against?
[quote]
Moderator cut: personal The bottom line is that whatever the hospital politics are, the only thing that matters is patient care.

Besides, there's a new hospital that just opened. So if there were a problem with KRMC then both patients and docs now have a choice. That's a good thing.

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 11-06-2009 at 11:06 PM..

Old 11-06-2009, 02:12 PM

849 posts, read 2,921,974 times
Quote:

No, the problem in this forum is trolling, which is specifically prohibited in the rules of the forum. Someone registers here SOLELY to inflame and insult someone, leaves ONE POST, then bails and doesn't repost or rebut their argument. THAT is the definition of a TROLL. LEAVING123 has only one post, this thread, and has not made any effort to place additional information, and this person's original post slammed Kingman residents and had to be mod cut due to content. THAT'S what the issue is. There is no problem with healthy forum debate, but to come in here and post ONE thing and then not return to engage in healthy banter about it is trolling, plain and simple.
On the other hand, someone who has a lot more posts on here (such as yourself) is obviously not going anywhere, and you like to engage in friendly debate, as do I. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Old 11-06-2009, 04:48 PM

229 posts, read 655,557 times
Rich and Kdog among others to make quite good points on this matter. Yes I don't live in Arizona and really have not the right to make comments on this site, but I have family there and have been in and out of the state ever since I was a child. So I would trade him anytime to live there.

Old 11-06-2009, 10:20 PM

123 posts, read 321,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
No, perhaps you need to reread the original post. Quote: "most of the population lacks education as well as common sense."

Now since I'm part of the Kingman population, I would take that as a direct insult. The comment is rude and ignorant on many levels, and negates the rest of his post as far as I'm concerned. Moderator cut: orphaned quote
You chose to take it as an insult and that is your perogative certainly. Moderator cut: personal
I did not find the comment rude. It may be ignorant IF they have no knowledge or experience of Kingman.

It's an opinion and certainly no need to take it personal....unless you want to. I try not to take anything written on the net personal because it's the NET. I have received private messages (about Kingman and other places and even attacks)that I am sure you would take personal and be insulted by but why waste time being bothered by it?

I know the truth of my experience so its hard for me to take umbrage at most folks. I'm sad to hear you felt insulted. I hope it doesn't happen often.

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 11-06-2009 at 11:07 PM..

Old 11-07-2009, 07:04 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,811,151 times
Since the OP was a one-hit wonder and the thread is deteriorating into personal remarks, it is closed.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
View detailed profiles of: