Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2009, 09:48 PM

12 posts, read 24,699 times

Advertisements

I heard Arizona State University has a good reputation and was just wondering if anyone could verify or extinguish that claim. So any details that you feel are important to say about the school, please tell me. Also what is the surrounding area like? What are the best things to do in the area? I know I could research facts but I like to hear opinions from people that have had experience with the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2009, 10:13 PM

861 posts, read 2,193,762 times
great party school...or so i have heard.

Old 11-08-2009, 10:26 PM

Every school can be considered a party school..

Old 11-08-2009, 11:32 PM

17,915 posts, read 43,468,988 times
ASU used to be a number one rated party school. It's still on the list, the size of it, the weather, etc., all contribute to this. It has very highly regarded schools of engineering, business, education, nursing, journalism, etc. While he's ruffled quite a few feathers in the process, the current President of the University is really bent on enhancing ASU's educational reputation.

Tempe is a very nice city. The area around the University is more geared to the college crowd, as you move to the south, you would not necessarily know the university is nearby. It's a very nice place to live.

You ask about things to do around the area. That's a really broad question, and hard to answer. Are you planning on coming here as a student, or working for the university, or?? What do you like to do for fun/recreation?

Old 11-09-2009, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
ASU used to be a number one rated party school. It's still on the list, the size of it, the weather, etc., all contribute to this. It has very highly regarded schools of engineering, business, education, nursing, journalism, etc. While he's ruffled quite a few feathers in the process, the current President of the University is really bent on enhancing ASU's educational reputation.

Tempe is a very nice city. The area around the University is more geared to the college crowd, as you move to the south, you would not necessarily know the university is nearby. It's a very nice place to live.

You ask about things to do around the area. That's a really broad question, and hard to answer. Are you planning on coming here as a student, or working for the university, or?? What do you like to do for fun/recreation?
Thanks for your information. To answer your questions.. I am planning on coming as a student. And for recreation I mean anything but shopping or going the movies because I am so sick of doing those things!! I'll be coming from a small town so we count anything other than those two things recreation haha.

Old 11-09-2009, 07:03 PM

17,915 posts, read 43,468,988 times
Well, the weather is good here, so there are lots of places nearby for hiking, all sorts of sports activities (aside from recreational activities AT the university, and there are lots of those), the city of Tempe has a great Parks and Rec department with all sorts of activities and classes. You have easy access to the light rail, so you can get to plays, museums, art walks, and other activities in downtown Phoenix.

Old 11-09-2009, 10:29 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,298,037 times
ASU is a great school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona