Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 06:59 PM

2 posts, read 21,404 times

Advertisements

Can anyone give me some information about this development of 36 acre lots? We're considering a move from MD to AZ in the near future and we'd love to have some land. However, we're concerned about the water issues, and the prospect of living so far from the nearest grocery store, etc. I'd appreciate any information we can get about living in this rather remote but beautiful area. I believe it's about 20 miles from Benson and a little closer to St. David.
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2007, 04:20 PM

942 posts, read 2,519,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westward_bound View Post
Can anyone give me some information about this development of 36 acre lots? We're considering a move from MD to AZ in the near future and we'd love to have some land. However, we're concerned about the water issues, and the prospect of living so far from the nearest grocery store, etc. I'd appreciate any information we can get about living in this rather remote but beautiful area. I believe it's about 20 miles from Benson and a little closer to St. David.
Thanks!
Hi, I can't give you any specific info, but would like to say that it is a very beautiful, desolate area. We used to live in Sierra Vista and found that too small for our tastes. You will not be close to anything by the Dragoons. I know water was a big issue in SV and there were numerous private water companies servicing the city, but no municipal supply--that always made me nervous. I would imagine it might be even worse in the area you are considering.

Old 08-15-2007, 10:23 AM

2 posts, read 21,163 times
Default Dragoon Mountain Ranches

I have been looking at homes in Canyon Pass, but have recently encountered information about Dragoon Mountain Ranches on the internet. Are you concerned about continued future water supply? Is there a minimum amount the HOA requires to be spent on housing that will ensure quality construction? Are there quality architectural controls in place that will also ensure quality construction? From what geographical area are most of the new residents coming from? And, if I want to view properties in that area, do I need a realtor to drive through the gates?

Thanks!

Old 08-17-2007, 09:51 AM

2 posts, read 21,163 times
We will be in the area on Friday, August 24, 2007. Is it possible to meet with you and have you show us the property? Driving around after that would also appeal to us. Personal email address is campilindo@aol.com. Thanks!

Old 08-17-2007, 12:53 PM

3 posts, read 24,993 times
This question is for the broker. We have been thinking of buying in Prescott. Just came across this and we are interested in comparing. We are impressed with the acreage. We do have a few questions though. How does the weather compare to Prescott? What is the average cost per square foot for moderate level construction? Has new construction slowed down much with the weakened economy?
Also, are ATVs allowed on the ranch? Can you use them on the ranch roads and access the national forest? Thanks

Old 08-17-2007, 12:57 PM

3 posts, read 24,993 times
Another thought occurred to us.....how far are the doctors offices and hospitals, etc? Do you have to go to Tucson for services?

Old 08-28-2007, 01:08 PM

2 posts, read 21,404 times
We recently bought one of the Foothills lots. We were specifically looking for a land development that does NOT allow ATVs, hunting, etc. This one doesn't and we look forward to the peace of mind we will have knowing that. An architectural committee must approve your house before it's built, there are size limitations and no modular, etc. are permitted.

Old 10-21-2007, 12:22 PM

1 posts, read 10,363 times
Default Dragoon Mountain Ranch Information

You can find a lot of information about Dragoon Mountain Ranch at: Hacienda de Mi Suenos.

Old 08-03-2009, 08:13 PM

2 posts, read 14,030 times
Smile Dragoon Mountain Ranch - Good Water Supply & more

Quote:
Originally Posted by military spouse View Post
Hi, I can't give you any specific info, but would like to say that it is a very beautiful, desolate area. We used to live in Sierra Vista and found that too small for our tastes. You will not be close to anything by the Dragoons. I know water was a big issue in SV and there were numerous private water companies servicing the city, but no municipal supply--that always made me nervous. I would imagine it might be even worse in the area you are considering.

I live in Dragoon Mountain Ranch and there are no problems with the water supply. The lots are served by induvidual wells, I have a well and never encountered any problems getting water. Dragoon Mountain ranch starts approximately 5 miles east of St. David and abouts the coronado National Forest on the east side. The lots are at least 36 acres and they cannot be split. The area consists of gently rolling hills with lush hish desert vegetation with spectacular mountain views in all directions. Tucson & Sierra Vista are less than an hour away. This is a great area for horse & nature lovers since owners have ranch access to the Coronado National Forest and 2 conservation greenbelts.

Old 08-03-2009, 10:58 PM

4,235 posts, read 14,056,700 times
the area is not that remote, but access is via unpaved roads to/from highway 80 and drives to town (Benson) will take up to 45 minutes or so, depending on your lot location....

the land is what some of us here would call scrubby....brown grass (green when it rains), scattered mesquite and yucca, a few rocks, no trees except in the occasional wash (and those trees would not be trees to non-locals!), mostly flat....there are nice views of the Dragoons, but the lots closest to the mountains have the highest $$, too....not bad....hot in the summer, cold in the winter.....

my only bias is that my access to Cochise Stronghold West was closed off when development of the "ranch" started about ten years ago!!....now I have to go way around via Tombstone....I guess the former landowner needed the money
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona