Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2021, 02:29 PM

5,069 posts, read 7,549,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
You said anyone who criticizes Xi is labeled as a racist.
It's up to you whether to believe it or not, but I don't. No more to say.
I live here, so i know what's going on, and I Do not believe one thing you say either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2021, 03:52 PM

672 posts, read 321,060 times
see, the word "racists" should not even exist, those that invented this are the biggest "racists" of them all.

we are all the same human race. we can be discriminatory, that' s a natural human trait. The idea of "racism" or "racists", is nothing but a dumb excuse to justify discrimination based on skin color, appearance, and differences

Old 12-03-2021, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maomao View Post
see, the word "racists" should not even exist, those that invented this are the biggest "racists" of them all.

we are all the same human race. we can be discriminatory, that' s a natural human trait. The idea of "racism" or "racists", is nothing but a dumb excuse to justify discrimination based on skin color, appearance, and differences
Tell that to the OP, he throws the term around like nothing, and then goes crying to mummy when someone tells him it exists in his own country.

Old 12-03-2021, 04:45 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,803,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielsa1775 View Post
Tell that to the OP, he throws the term around like nothing, and then goes crying to mummy when someone tells him it exists in his own country.
No, Chinese people do think Australia is a very racist country. Whether you like it or not, it is an opinion.
You can claim China is a very racist country too, and let's see how many people support it.

Obviously you don't quite understand what racism means either, so you say those with no education also suffer racism when race is not even a factor.

Old 12-03-2021, 04:57 PM

Quote:
No, Chinese people do think Australia is a very racist country. Whether you like it or not, it is an opinion.
You can claim China is a very racist country too, and let's see how many people support it.

Obviously you don't quite understand what racism means either, so you say those with no education also suffer racism when race is not even a factor.
You clearly have no idea what racism is either. 30% of Australia's population is overseas born, more than half have at least one foreign born parent, and we are about 20% Asian these days, Australia is a true nation of immigrants, and the huge majority of the population like that fact.

My own wife is Asian (Korean), so I know EXACTLY how Asian people are treated in Australia. Now you can bury you head in the sand and ignore someone who is heavily involved with Asian People within Australia, has an Asian wife and two very Asian looking children of my own. Or you can listen to a bunch of people who are been fed information by your government. Its your choice.

Last edited by danielsa1775; 12-03-2021 at 05:16 PM..

Old 12-03-2021, 05:50 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,803,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielsa1775 View Post
You clearly have no idea what racism is either. 30% of Australia's population is overseas born, more than half have at least one foreign born parent, and we are about 20% Asian these days, Australia is a true nation of immigrants, and the huge majority of the population like that fact.

My own wife is Asian (Korean), so I know EXACTLY how Asian people are treated in Australia. Now you can bury you head in the sand and ignore someone who is heavily involved with Asian People within Australia, has an Asian wife and two very Asian looking children of my own. Or you can listen to a bunch of people who are been fed information by your government. Its your choice.
LMAO. The US is a country of immigrants too, and in some cities most residents are foreign born. So you think racism does not exist in those places?

Maybe you should pay attention to what your kids really experience at school (it also depends on your neighborhood, of course).

Australia Talks data on racism
  • 1 in 5 Australians (20%) say they have experienced discrimination on the basis of ethnicity
  • That figure jumps to more than 3 in 4 for people with non-European ancestry (76%)
  • Almost 3 in 5 Australians with non-European ancestry (59%) say they have experienced racial slurs
  • Around half of those Australians (52%) also said they had experienced racial profiling
  • Australians with non-European ancestry, those born overseas, immigrants, and those who speak a language other than English at home are all far more likely to report these types of discrimination as well as other minor slights or subtle forms of discrimination

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-06-...ypes/100181468

Old 12-03-2021, 05:53 PM

Quote:
LMAO. The US is a country of immigrants too, and in some cities most residents are foreign born. So you think racism does not exist in those places?

Maybe you should pay attention to what your kids really experience at school (it also depends on your neighborhood, of course).

Australia Talks data on racism
  • 1 in 5 Australians (20%) say they have experienced discrimination on the basis of ethnicity
  • That figure jumps to more than 3 in 4 for people with non-European ancestry (76%)
  • Almost 3 in 5 Australians with non-European ancestry (59%) say they have experienced racial slurs
  • Around half of those Australians (52%) also said they had experienced racial profiling
  • Australians with non-European ancestry, those born overseas, immigrants, and those who speak a language other than English at home are all far more likely to report these types of discrimination as well as other minor slights or subtle forms of discrimination

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-06-...ypes/100181468

LMOA, i never denied it existed in Australia, so cut the strawman arguments, stuff like this is banged into our head constantly in Australia by the government all the time and their are all kind of government initiatives about the issue, as you stated some members of a group will be always be racist, and I agree with that 100%. The source above is from the Australian Governments own media outlet, what does the Chinese government do to address the issues in China? Or does it "Not Exist" according to the CCP?

And if you must know the only time my wife has experience racism in Australia, the Instigator was black.

Last edited by danielsa1775; 12-03-2021 at 06:25 PM..

Old 12-05-2021, 03:51 PM

10,864 posts, read 6,599,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maomao View Post

I wonder sometimes.
If we all start out from Africa,and it takes 10,000 years to turn your skin white?
back then one makes a living fishing,farming and hunting during the day,not night,and our skin will turn darker,so where did some folks go to have light skin,blond hair,blue or green eyes,these are all signs where there is less sun?
I wonder the whites are from a different planet who come to this planet looking for gold,they have destroyed their ozone and by turning gold into dust and spread it across the sky,it shieds them from radioactive ray.
Digging for gold in Africa is hard work,and they decide to create a specie by impregnating local primitive natives and these are our ancestors -the yellow the white and the brown skin.
Read the Bible,God created man in his own image,so if Adam is like us,then God is like us as well,when we mention God,we always look up into the sky,we dont try to find god in the ocean or under the earth,so god or gods are aliens from another planet descending in an aircraft,a carpet or an egg!
We were punished when we built the tower to reach god,we were struck down and scattered all over the earth in different languages.
There was this Norwegian sea man who said when he was 18,he and his father sailed toward the north Pole looking for ivory,there was a storm and they lost the bot and ended up inside the earth,there were human living there with an inner sun,river and train which travel without railroad tracks.
Men and women are 10-12 ft tall,their grape is the size of our peach,they have gold nugget hanging on tree branches,many many gold nuggets/
Gold shields us from radiation,MOSES knows that,thats why he has the ARK built with one foot thick of gold on each side of inner ark..
2 years later he and his father were homesick and left,his father lost his life in a storm but he managed to come back to Norway.
He said he spent the rest of life trying to find which language is closest to their language,it has to be Sanskrit which comes the closest.He dies in the 1980s. in California.

Old 12-08-2021, 09:00 AM

1,141 posts, read 1,217,177 times
I've lived in China for the past 20 years, and as a white expat, I was treated very well by local Chinese, esp when I would speak Chinese. My wife is a local Chinese, and we experienced some comments and problems that happened over the years, but nothing too bad and not that often.

That being said, black people as well as Western China Muslims do face a lot of racial discrimination, and that's a fact. It's not like there is hatred by local Chinese towards those people, it's really just ignorance and not being around black people enough. They listen to too many stereotypes and haven't experienced living in a multi-cultural environment.

Remember, China was a very closed country for so many years. Things are getting better in China, but it takes time.

Old 12-08-2021, 03:00 PM

10,864 posts, read 6,599,037 times
yes,being able to speak their language/dialect helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia