Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2023, 10:50 AM

4,698 posts, read 4,075,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticking View Post
There is no debate.

Your statement about 'won't cost the US much' was called out as ridiculous.

I'm sure one of the strongest militaries/economies in the world would just roll over and permit their economy to be damaged by the US with 'low costs'!
The fact that you think you are a source of truth that can decide what is ridiculous is ridiculous.

The USA and it's allies are significantly stronger than China. Charging into a blockade of the worlds strongest navy is a suicide mission.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2023, 11:57 AM

2,157 posts, read 1,444,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
The fact that you think you are a source of truth that can decide what is ridiculous is ridiculous.

The USA and it's allies are significantly stronger than China. Charging into a blockade of the worlds strongest navy is a suicide mission.
...and the fact that you think you are 'the source of truth' is even more ridiculous!

Your comment about 'low costs' remains laughable.
The fantastical partial scenarios you concoct demonstrate your anger/bias towards China and can't be taken too seriously.

Quote:

I believe the USA will blockade and Ticking think the USA will be too concerned about losses to actually do anything.
The US will be concerned about the losses (Which won't be 'low cost') as you continue to pretend they will be.
That doesn't mean the US won't react, it means your statement about 'low costs' was offbase.

Old 03-14-2023, 01:07 PM

Quote:
...and the fact that you think you are 'the source of truth' is even more ridiculous!
I don't think I am a source of truth, which I have pointed to you multiple times. It is you who keep making statement without any evidence expecting us to trust you blindly.

Quote:
Your comment about 'low costs' remains laughable.
The fantastical partial scenarios you concoct demonstrate your anger/bias towards China and can't be taken too seriously.
You remind me of Trump. Shouting your opinion doesn't make it true, it just makes you look like a joke,

Quote:
.The US will be concerned about the losses (Which won't be 'low cost') as you continue to pretend they will be. That doesn't mean the US won't react, it means your statement about 'low costs' was offbase.
You said that the USA won't blockade China. If they won't blockade, then they certainly won't enter the war. So what is the reaction you are talking about, some toothless sanctions?

I ger that you dream about China taking Taiwan without serious opposition, but the reality is that the USA has pointed out multiple times that America will defend Taiwan. Russia didn't get away with their imperialist fantasies and neither will you or the CCP.

Old 03-14-2023, 01:29 PM

Quote:
I don't think I am a source of truth, which I have pointed to you multiple times. It is you who keep making statement without any evidence expecting us to trust you blindly.
Well then you shouldn't be angry I've called out your ludicrous statement regarding 'low costs' to the US in trying to blockade China.

Quote:
You remind me of Trump. Shouting your opinion doesn't make it true, it just makes you look like a joke,
I'd say the joke is on you. Making such a stupid statement about 'low costs'. You have provided no 'proof' but try to demand I do.

Quote:

You said that the USA won't blockade China
. If they won't blockade, then they certainly won't enter the war. So what is the reaction you are talking about, some toothless sanctions?

Why do you lie and create a position that I didn't take?

Who knows for sure what the US might do as world events occur? Whatever the US does it isn't going to be 'low cost' as you stated.

Old 03-14-2023, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Why do you lie and create a position that I didn't take?
You can't even remember your own argument. Here is your first post

"Do you think China would permit itself to be blockaded? It's not even in the realm of possibility they would. Losses would be enormous and there is no appetite for that here in the states"

Your imperialist fantasies about the USA doing nothing significant to stop China from invading Taiwan has no root in reality.

Old 03-14-2023, 02:18 PM

Quote:
You can't even remember your own argument. Here is your first post

"Do you think China would permit itself to be blockaded? It's not even in the realm of possibility they would. Losses would be enormous and there is no appetite for that here in the states"
Your quote just proves your deceit. Nowhere was it said that the US wouldn't block China. I'm curious to see what position you make up for me next!

Quote:

Your imperialist fantasies about the USA doing nothing significant to stop China from invading Taiwan has no root in reality.
That didn't take long! Making up another position for someone.
As anyone can read, you begin to self-destruct by trying to create lies when called to the carpet on your ludicrous point regarding 'low costs' to the US.
see Now let's see what you make up next!

Old 03-14-2023, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Your quote just proves your deceit. Nowhere was it said that the US wouldn't block China. I'm curious to see what position you make up for me next!
lol

Old 03-14-2023, 05:33 PM

Quote:
lol

As stated, you are building up strawman and outright lying with each post as you attempt to misstate other's positions. The quote doesn't state that the US won't attempt a blockade, that is just you pretending it does.

If we do attempt a blockade, the costs won't "Be low", as you stated.

So you haven't disappointed you concocted another falsehood, what lie are you going to try next?

Old 03-16-2023, 09:51 AM

25,578 posts, read 17,293,027 times
In the case of a Taiwan invasion the major economies of the world would blockade and sanction China just as it did to Russia. China just witnessed what happened to Russia and wants no part of that, since China itself is an export-based economy.

China may end up with unfettered access to Siberian oil, gas and water if they play the Russian-Ukraine war right and get lucky. They would much rather have that than fight over Taiwan.

Want to have a ridiculous thought?..... Think that all those Taiwanese workers working making all those chips are going to continue working after China just killed all their countrymen.
Yeah. Kinda hard to imagine. And China cannot run the factories themselves. If they could they would have built their own.

Last edited by Listener2307; 03-16-2023 at 10:25 AM..

Old 03-16-2023, 12:36 PM

3,155 posts, read 2,702,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice_Major View Post
Not being cleaver at all, simply stating facts.

Who decided to push NATO borders eastward despite repeated warnings, setting the stage for this conflict?

Who prevented a possible peace deal at the start of the war?

https://europeanconservative.com/art...ne-peace-deal/

Who continues to pump weapons into the conflict with no condition for negotiation.

Not here to argue if Russia was justified in its invasion, but at this point in time, it's clear the U.S. along with the U.K., Poland, and the Baltics are using Ukraine as proxy to weaken Russia. No interest in seeing the bloodbath come to end at least under the current administrations.
That’s because, from where the US sits, the “good guys” are winning. Heck, if half of Ukraine--or possibly all of Ukraine--were occupied by Russia, it’s still a big fat “W” for the United States and its allies. Putin’s adventurism was a jackpot for the USA and its interests.
Hundreds of thousands of dead Russian soldiers,
the Russian military gutted
an intelligence bonanza regarding the capability (or lack thereof) of modern Russian weapons
A massive boost to member NATO nations’ military spending
A even bigger boost to NATO with the Swedes and Fins clamoring to be let in.
The “free world” aligned in sanctions against Russia.
All of this at zero political cost, and practically no actual cost to the United States.
That said, none of this justifies the loss of life and destruction caused by a war of aggression in Ukraine or Taiwan. The USA wins, but most of the people of the United States would rather not remain citizens of the undisputed hegemon at the cost of hundreds of thousands of foreign lives, but we will, if the dictators in charge of Russia and China insist.

Military and political analysis were wholly convinced that Ukraine would quickly fall to Russia and that the Russians would then slowly be bled out by trying to maintain their occupation of their next-door neighbor.
It made sense,
Ukraine was fractured, partially carved up by Russian covert (and not-so-covert) action.
It was thought to be deeply infiltrated by Russian operatives. It had a weak, unpopular, pro-western democratic government that had recently replaced a semi-despotic pro-russian government and lost a major chunk of territory to Russia.
The west was unwilling to ship advanced/heavy arms, fighters, radars, and missiles to Ukraine prior to the invasion.
Their military was in poor shape and most of their defenses were pointed (or at least designed to be pointed) to the West. Two decades ago, it was unimaginable that Russia would invade Ukraine.
Nobody thinks conquering Taiwan will be as easy as Ukraine was supposed to be.
The island has been actively fortified against Chinese invasion since before 1950
Politically, the Taiwanese are totally unified against Chinese aggression. No one welcomes the Mainlanders unless they’re coming as tourists. The KMT wants de-escalation and trade, but they still buy weapons when they’re in charge, just in case that doesn’t work. Not a single speck of Taiwan territory would be as easy to carve off as was the Donbas or Crimea.
The west has/is/will be generally happy to sell Taiwan modern, effective, integrated defensive and offensive equipment. Compare all the hand-wringing over shipping Abrams tanks and F-16’s to Ukraine--as it was being invaded by Russia--to the paucity of wrangling over selling the same equipment to Taiwan long before Putin reminded us that dictatorships do not have to act rationally. I think it’s a safe bet that the weapons floodgates will open as wide as they’ll go the second a Chinese military build-up to invasion starts.
The big hope for the PRC is that the Taiwanese won’t be willing to fight for their freedom. The west can put a weapon into every willing hand, but that won’t matter if there aren’t any hands willing. Well, that might have been the case before HK’ers came flooding into Taiwan warning just what “One country, two systems” really means. System Option 1: Join ours. System Option 2: Go to Prison. Despots always seem to think that their people are stronger because they suffer through their abuses and deprivations, and that democracy and that too much freedom has made democratic peoples not do what humans naturally do when their homes, friends, and families are threatened. Putin clearly thought so. The people of Ukraine have dispossessed him of that notion. I’d put my money on the Taiwanese people acting like humans too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia