Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2010, 08:21 PM

1 posts, read 1,739 times

Advertisements

I am moving to the Atlanta area soon and like most people, I need suggestions. I am a single, 35yr old male looking to spend $1,000 - $1200 in rent. I currently live in a loft in the LoDo area of Denver beside Coors Field. I like the ability to walk to bars and attractions/sporting events but mostly enjoy being around young professionals my age. When I move, I will not know anyone in town. So, I would like an area where I can meet people my age. My office is located in the Vinings area but a commute is not an issue because I have the ability to work from home and I travel a lot. (My current commute in Denver is 20 miles to the office and 25 to the airport.)

Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2010, 06:26 AM

88 posts, read 198,987 times
I currently live in Atlanta and am seriously considering a move back to Denver or the Pacific NW. That being said, I lived in Denver for 10 years prior to Atlanta and am very familiar with Lodo and the area/environment you currently live.

I would take a look at the Virginia Highlands area in Atlanta. I have also lived in the Vinings area and it is nice but there is a train that goes by every 10 minutes and it will drive you insane. Good place to work and hang out after work...not so much to live. You might also want to check out the Inman park neighborhood as well. It is up and coming and almost as walkable as the Highlands...Both have young profs and are in the city. Good luck with the move!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: