Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 10:20 AM

15 posts, read 439,204 times

Advertisements

Hi,
We are back from 8 days in Atlanta. Coming from California, I dont think the trafftic, though not fun, was anywhere near LA traffic. However it is big city with lots of sprawl. We stayed in Alpharetta but visited many communities. Of all the places we visited, we liked the Woodstock, Canton areas the best. I think we are going to chose Woodstock though because it is more self-contained and seems very family friendly. We are disappointed that we did not make it to Peachtree City or Fayetteville as we wanted to check out those areas too.

My question is about Town Lakes in Woodstock and other developments. Town Lakes seems to be its own community in many ways. Are there other developments equal to that in Woodstock? For those who live there, do you recommend one over the other?

Thanks.
FH
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2007, 11:53 AM

5 posts, read 19,678 times
P.S. Ball Ground is a very up and coming area and will be the next big boom so property values will do nothing but go up, up, up. Good Luck in your move@

Old 07-08-2007, 06:16 PM

276 posts, read 1,128,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finding Home View Post
Hi,
We are back from 8 days in Atlanta. Coming from California, I dont think the trafftic, though not fun, was anywhere near LA traffic. However it is big city with lots of sprawl. We stayed in Alpharetta but visited many communities. Of all the places we visited, we liked the Woodstock, Canton areas the best. I think we are going to chose Woodstock though because it is more self-contained and seems very family friendly. We are disappointed that we did not make it to Peachtree City or Fayetteville as we wanted to check out those areas too.

My question is about Town Lakes in Woodstock and other developments. Town Lakes seems to be its own community in many ways. Are there other developments equal to that in Woodstock? For those who live there, do you recommend one over the other?

Thanks.
FH
Hi there,
Let me know whatcha find out..I too am looking to relocate and we have narrowed our search to Woodstock and Buford...Id be interested in anything you can suggest etc...Thanks ahead...Lisa

Old 07-08-2007, 06:38 PM

894 posts, read 4,352,724 times
I moved to Woodstock in January. We moved just south of Towne Lake. I would say that Towne Lake is very self contained. I think that the only other place close to that would be in Canton in a subdivision called Bridgemill.

Good luck!

Old 07-09-2007, 08:47 AM

434 posts, read 1,738,147 times
I live in Harmony on the Lakes in Canton/Holly Springs and it is very nice as well. Also self contained and VERY low crime stats for the zip. 30115
You might check it out too! Very Norman Rockwell here!

Old 07-13-2007, 05:35 PM

137 posts, read 739,926 times
You really should have made it to Peachtree City. It is truly worth a look!

Old 07-13-2007, 06:20 PM

138 posts, read 623,765 times
We are moving soon from Buford to Canton. We really can't wait. We've narrowed it down to Bridgemill pretty much. Woodstock and Canton (and Holly Springs) are all great.

Old 07-15-2007, 05:51 PM

525 posts, read 1,852,860 times
I believe Towne Lake is the only Masterplan Community in Woodstock. There are other nice neighborhoods you can check out ( I don't know your price range) but keep in mind what schools they would fall in:

Deer Run
Bradshaw Farms
Brookshire
Wyngate (not sure if they are part of Towne Lake or not)
There is another area on Arnold Mill and I can't remember the name I think it is Laurel something or the other...nice homes.

They are selling some homes in downtown Woodstock that are nice (I think it is Hedgewood properties)

Anyhow, I personally love Towne Lake the best...but the other areas are really nice too.

Old 07-27-2007, 06:15 AM

6 posts, read 23,907 times
There aren't any other communities like Towne lake yet. Mainly because TL has a lot of subdivision each there own swim tennis, or golf swim tennis community.
Towne lake also has its own shopping and theatres and only families in Towne lake Etowah zone can go to Bascomb. (Deer Run in towne lake is Woodstock City schools and extra taxes).

All of the other communities are one giant community. Bridgemill has gorgeous big houses with no backyards.The entire community shares on big pool and if you live in the back it can take you 15 minutes to leave that subdivision in the a.m. to get to work.

We wanted a large backyard and we also have the Corps of Engineers behind us so our backyard is very large and wooded. That was important to us, it is not important to everyone. Around Bridgemill there are several new communities going as we speak.

You have a great deal of choice, and all the options are great.

Old 08-10-2007, 09:47 AM

1 posts, read 3,685 times
We live in Townlake in the Wyngate subdivision. We love it here. Townlake was developed with the idea that one could move into a starter home there, and never have reason to move from the area. Everything is close, and there are back routes to just about everything (even Toiwn Center). I commute to Cumming, my husband to downtown Atl, and we love the fact that when we're home, we're away from the hectic traffic and bustle. Yes, Woodstock is in the top 10 fastest growing cities in the US, but it is by no means a sleepy, tumbleweed town. A great place to raise a family, low crime, people are friendly (for the most part), and the schools in Townlake are good. Bacomb Elementary has been a school of excellence for 11 years now. As for the 575S/75S traffic, there are alternate routes to avoid that too. Its really not that bad. Barrett Parkway sometimes gets backed up at the 75S merge... About an hour to downtown on a heavy traffic morning...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta