Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2016, 05:46 PM

5 posts, read 4,947 times

Advertisements

What is it like living in The Atlantic? The price point seems fantastic compared to traditional buildings in midtown like Luxe and 1010. Looking for a 2+/2+, under 700K. I've heard some not-so-positive things about living in The Atlantic, but the building itself is beautiful. Is it loud? Is there a drug problem? Etc.

I'm caught between paying 700K at the Luxe, 750K at 1010, and 600K at The Atlantic. I need to take Marta to work 90% of the time. Not looking outside this area.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2016, 07:48 PM

9,008 posts, read 14,062,786 times
If you can afford Luxe, I can't imagine why you would even consider The Atlantic or 1010.

Old 07-17-2016, 10:38 PM

770 posts, read 604,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlene723 View Post
What is it like living in The Atlantic? The price point seems fantastic compared to traditional buildings in midtown like Luxe and 1010. Looking for a 2+/2+, under 700K. I've heard some not-so-positive things about living in The Atlantic, but the building itself is beautiful. Is it loud? Is there a drug problem? Etc.

I'm caught between paying 700K at the Luxe, 750K at 1010, and 600K at The Atlantic. I need to take Marta to work 90% of the time. Not looking outside this area.

Thanks.
We looked at the Atlantic for comparison sake, I think the biggest problem with the Atlantic is that they have so much inventory to sell and renters are living in a good chunk of the building still, which tends to be a difference between owners and renters. Where most owner buildings are maybe 10-20% renters.

Also they claim they are 90% or something sold out on their first group sale, but they are selling the building in blocks and there are like at least 2-3 more blocks I believe coming out that need to be sold before they have no more inventory.

The units themselves are nice and spacious, but with those factors and not that we want to sell, but if we have to sooner than we wanted, I don't want to compete with the building to sell my unit when they have so much inventory, but the deal breaker was being in midtown, it was a bit far from what we wanted to do.

I will say that Luxe is very nice, but not really close to Marta per se. I liked 1010, but prices were a bit on the steep side for us.

Depends what your deal breakers are, we got used to smaller buildings, so we went with a more boutique condo, but our views aren't as good, but it's a compromise.

Old 07-17-2016, 10:48 PM

770 posts, read 604,048 times
Let me add, we lived in midtown NYC and after a year in a suburban city for a job we moved to be in a bigger city again to ATL, and wanted to be back in a city, we liked walking to restaurants, groceries, just out and about, park, etc. so that's why we chose midtown over Atlantic Station or Buckhead, as we did look at them a bit too. We had the same thought process, AS isn't that far, and has some stuff going around it too. It's got groceries, shops and movies, but the actual walking with people on the streets and variety of restaurants isn't there like in Midtown.

Midtown is really developing/changing and AS hasn't seen a significant investment in awhile, so long term there is more value to owning in Midtown and being in midtown as new things will develop there, Colony Square, various buildings growing on 10th, 14th street to name a few, a number of restaurant announcements, etc. There will be more movement at AS, but it's just much slower.

Old 07-18-2016, 07:14 AM

8 posts, read 8,300 times
Rented in The Atlantic for a few months and then purchased a unit. Love living here!

Yes they are only currently selling floors 5 (first floor with units) - 20 and 41 - 46. We're told that 75% of those units are sold.

Pros- restaurants, movie theatre, publix, LA Fitness, shops across the street; short half mile walk or free shuttle to Arts Center MARTA, safe area for walking for fresh air and exercise, adequate workout room, 2 exercise classes offered weekly, nice pool and club room/area. No yard work or home owning issues (pest control, exterior painting, roof repair, etc.)

Diversity among ages (seniors, young adults, families), and races - have met many nice people.

Old 07-18-2016, 08:31 AM

7,132 posts, read 9,140,627 times
There are STILL problems selling/leasing out units at the Atlantic? This building seems like it forever has trouble with getting people to live there.

Old 07-18-2016, 08:35 AM

1,054 posts, read 922,738 times
And people wonder why no (few)condo high rises are being developed.

Old 07-19-2016, 12:21 AM

1,462 posts, read 1,430,728 times
the Atlantic's woes came from the last recession.It was being finished just as the economy collapsed.
I think it was condos at first then rentals shortly after that .

Old 07-19-2016, 07:50 AM

9,008 posts, read 14,062,786 times
Were charges ever filed against Novare for The Atlantic?

I seem to recall there was some hubbub about them guaranteeing skyline views to buyers at Twelve Atlantic Station even though they knew the Atlantic was going to be built and block those views.

Old 07-19-2016, 08:19 AM

306 posts, read 328,503 times
I know someone who worked at the Atlantic and is now here in Buckhead he said there were some shady peeps living there, and he wouldn't want to work there again out of all the condos he had worked. The concierges see all the ins and outs of these condos. I would say if you have the money to spend stay with Luxe, 1010 or even Viewpoint. Aqua is nice as well and great access to Marta, although it doesn't seem like much comes available there.

Last edited by GatorsZ71; 07-19-2016 at 08:36 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: