Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2024, 12:45 PM

1,962 posts, read 929,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Guy View Post
I don't get it.

Kroger Sh!tty Center
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2024, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
My wife and I live in a suburb outside of Knoxville and we have two Krogers at our disposal and both are clean and staffed with nothing but friendly, helpful employees. Although we have also have a Publix, Kroger is our go-to for groceries.
We live just an hour 1/2 south of ATL and we have no issues with our Krogers either. We did have issues at one in a sketchy location, but they closed it down because there was always some trouble brewing there.

There is a Publix less than a mile from me but I will go to the Shoppers Value across the street from them. I do go to Kroger if they don't have what I want, and I go to Publix last only if I really need something, because Publix is ridiculously expensive compared to other grocery stores in the area.

Just the other day I wanted to make shrimp scampi for a crowd, so I went in search of those McCormick Scampi seasoning packets. When I Googled it, all the local stores had it for between $2.50 and $3.00. Publix wanted $4.50.

Old 04-26-2024, 08:37 AM

78,499 posts, read 60,679,264 times
Seems like over-reach on the part of the city council as long as they are meeting health code and safety etc.

There is a Walmart and a Piggly Wiggly extremely close to it so shouldn't they let the consumer just vote with their wallet?

<points to post #2, they go to Publix instead>

Old 04-28-2024, 02:57 PM

11,842 posts, read 8,045,546 times
Yeah. I think consumers should be the ultimate decider. Im against crappy customer service but it's not ultimately up to the city to determine how the store should operate unless they are violating safety and health regulations.

Unhappy consumers will pick another store. If the store starts losing money, that should send a clear message.

If they are violating regulations however then thats another story.

Old 04-28-2024, 04:42 PM

20,155 posts, read 9,049,040 times
Shop somewhere else, you're the boss.

Old Yesterday, 06:03 PM

1,923 posts, read 1,285,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clevergirl67 View Post
Kroger Sh!tty Center
Ah!!

Old Yesterday, 07:46 PM

5,165 posts, read 7,374,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Kroger needs to up its game at certain stores.

They also need to do something about policing the carts that knuckleheads leave sitting around at random in their parking lots. It's a sad state of affairs when a man can't take 30 seconds to roll his cart back to the corral, but when the store knows about it they need to take steps to get this under control. You are just begging for somebody's car to get scratched.
I think Kroger should convert select stores in Ga. to their more upscale Harris Teeter brand. I prefer HT over Publix and they have nice hot food bars and salad bar. Nice clean stores here in SC and NC. And I find their prices overall more reasonable than Publix.

Old Today, 06:03 AM

23,483 posts, read 44,134,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
I think Kroger should convert select stores in Ga. to their more upscale Harris Teeter brand. I prefer HT over Publix and they have nice hot food bars and salad bar. Nice clean stores here in SC and NC. And I find their prices overall more reasonable than Publix.
ITA with your sentiment. Once upon a time, H-T had a growing presence in Atlanta and were well on the way to establishing its brand there. Once Kroger bought them TPTB saw fit to banish the H-T brand altogether, either name-changing the store or closing it altogether. Interestingly, they appear to have done this solely in the Atlanta market; the H-T here on SSI is wildly popular and has undergone two expansions since their initial debut here. I suspect that they did so to bolster their market presence there vis a vis Publix, who at the time was beginning to eat away at their market share in the Atlanta metro. That had to have been deeply disturbing to Kroger; Atlanta has long been the jewel in their crown.

Old Today, 08:45 AM

32,032 posts, read 36,823,708 times
It wouldn't kill Kroger to spring for a few waiting zones in the front of their stores for customers who want to drop off a friend or loved one to run in and do a little quick shopping, without forcing them to go through the hassle of finding a parking space.

Old Today, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
I think Kroger should convert select stores in Ga. to their more upscale Harris Teeter brand.

Wholeheartedly agree. I first shopped at Harris Teeter in Alpharetta in the late 90s and absolutely loved it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: