Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 04:49 PM

71 posts, read 275,168 times

Advertisements

This subdivisions appears nice what's your thoughts? Family oriented? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2010, 05:02 PM

Also please add any info you have on White Water Creek subdivision as well.

Old 03-07-2010, 05:45 AM

744 posts, read 2,482,638 times
High Grove is a beautiful subdivision with lots of homes and is from what I have seen very family oriented (daughter has some friends that live there ).
The houses back there are beautiful and there are lots of them. ( You might also want to look at homes at Lake Wind Song in Tyrone - this is also a subdivision built by the same people who built High Grove - same style of homes - just not as many -on an absolutely beautiful piece of land - the club house overlooks a small lake )
The only draw back that I know of for homeowners in the High Grove area is that because it is in an area of the county that is unincorporated ,it can take emergency services a while to get down there ( it comes under the sheriff's department not a local police department ).

Old 03-07-2010, 09:22 AM

Thanks alot for responding to my post Falcon I really appreciate it. I didn't know that area was unincorporated. Hmmm.. i'm from the city but live in the burbs of chicago.. that could be an adjustment. I mean there are hospitals everywhere here and near by and the fire department is like not far at all they can be here in minutes. Do you know anything about White Water Creek? I seen there are about 350 homes in this subdivision that is alot as well. O I seen someone post stay far away from Tyrone as possible would you happen to know why?

Old 03-07-2010, 05:10 PM

880 posts, read 2,862,295 times
Very pricey area. The median income of that area is 135,000 a year and most homes start around half a million dollars. We used to refer to the area as "the bubble".

Old 03-07-2010, 06:32 PM

The Bubble?

Old 03-08-2010, 01:39 PM

109 posts, read 392,467 times
Whitewater is kind of across the street from Highgrove. Highgrove has access to the golf cart paths through timberlake. I don't think Whitewater can access the golf paths but I may be mistaken. The advantage of the unincorporated section is that your property taxes are less. Highgrove and Whitewater go to different high schools. Whitewater is gated and Highgrove is not and hence there would be a substantial difference in HOA fees. The hospital in Fayette county is more like a community hospital that is owned by Piedmont. The large hospitals are in Atlanta.

Highgrove is very attractive community with sidewalks, swim and tennis, and relatively flat. Since Whitewater is gated I don't nearly as much about it.

PTC is called a "bubble". PTC is kind of off on its own.

Old 03-08-2010, 03:08 PM

Ok so I take it as the ppl there are kind of snoody or standoffish? Are they pleasant and nice to be around? Do they exihibit southern hospitality? Can you elaborate details are welcomed. I have young children so I need to know what I am bringing them into. Everything that looks green ain't green and yes I did say ain't LOL. So with Highgrove being unincorporated is Whitewater unicorporated to? Does it take awhile in an emergency that we would have to wait a long time for sherriff's or county cops to show up? One of things that attracted me to Highgrove was the fact that they had sidewalks and street lights. I'm a city girl and sidewalks are nice and a street lights are to here there.

Old 03-08-2010, 03:22 PM

Also, is Whitewater better than Starr's Mills because they both rate a 10. Can you elaborate this info is greatly needed I have a child that will be there in 2 yrs. I mean in term of the experience and etc.

Old 03-08-2010, 05:53 PM

880 posts, read 2,862,295 times
The bubble reference is due to many of the kids from the wealthy subdivisions growing up with the sense that everything is given to them and that money is just a part of life. Went to school with quite a few of them growing up there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta