Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 03:15 PM

324 posts, read 884,552 times

Advertisements

Does anyone follow NASCAR? I didn't become interested in it until recently. When it gets to the end of the race it is actually pretty interesting. Like this past weekend this driver Kurt Busch (drivers the Dodge Miller Lite car) looked like he was going to finish in the top, but ended up finishing 7th. Still really good, but I think it is interesting to see how things can change so quickly in a race. Anyone else into NASCAR? Who are your favorite drivers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2007, 05:58 PM

111 posts, read 429,817 times
Yup, we are Nascar fans at my house. Dale Jr, is my favorite, but he has had a very lousy year. I haven't enjoyed it as much since His father Dale Sr. died. I also like Tony Stewart, he used to have a very bad temper, but has matured quite a bit the last 2 seasons.

Sorry, I am NOT a Jeff Gordon fan.

Old 10-12-2007, 08:45 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,091,844 times
I have followed Dale Jarrett for years. Always seemed like a level headed driver and fair. He's not doing so good since 2000 but I'll stick with him till he quits. Good old southern boy, just does what he needs to and if he wins, so be it, if he don't, so be it. hahaha

But you are right. The last 20 laps are the heat of the battle. Where I live, we only get two channels (I refuse to press one for English and I refuse to get cable or satelittel.) One of those channels has a Nextel race on each week. Thankfully.

I used to travel for the company and spent time in North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, Texas and was able to go to several races. Loved every minute.

Old 10-12-2007, 09:12 AM

111 posts, read 429,817 times
Dale Jarrett is one of my favorites too. I also love Mark Martin. He is such a gentlemen driver. I just wish he would hurry up and retire, I worry about him out there with all the young aggressive drivers that are out there now.

The New Hampshire Race track in Loudan is right behind my Husbands grandparents house. We could always see part of her property on TV when ever that race was on. Kinda cool.

Old 10-12-2007, 05:14 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,363,371 times
I like NASCAR I'm a Dale jr fan also and Tony Stewart but my dream is when the number 43 cross's the finish line first, it may be a ways off but it will happen someday.

Old 10-12-2007, 11:31 PM

3,051 posts, read 11,597,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysmom View Post
Dale Jarrett is one of my favorites too. I also love Mark Martin. He is such a gentlemen driver. I just wish he would hurry up and retire, I worry about him out there with all the young aggressive drivers that are out there now.
Mark Martin's been one of my favorites for quite a few years now. I wouldn't worry too much about him when he's out there, since he can obviously hold his own out on the track. I know he's there because that's what he loves to do.

I also like Kevin Harvick, but mostly because of his earlier years at Mesa Marin Raceway in Bakersfield, and his time spent on the Southwest Tour. Mesa Marin was my local track until it closed two years ago. I have a close friend that ran the Southwest Tour series for many years, until its demise at the end of last year's season. He now runs the SRL series, mostly in central California, though it expanded this year to include one race in Colorado and a couple in northern California.

I can't wait until the new Kern County (CA) Raceway opens up next year. It promises to be a great place to race, and it's not far from home for me.

Old 10-13-2007, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavid93225 View Post
Mark Martin's been one of my favorites for quite a few years now. I wouldn't worry too much about him when he's out there, since he can obviously hold his own out on the track. I know he's there because that's what he loves to do.

I also like Kevin Harvick, but mostly because of his earlier years at Mesa Marin Raceway in Bakersfield, and his time spent on the Southwest Tour. Mesa Marin was my local track until it closed two years ago. I have a close friend that ran the Southwest Tour series for many years, until its demise at the end of last year's season. He now runs the SRL series, mostly in central California, though it expanded this year to include one race in Colorado and a couple in northern California.

I can't wait until the new Kern County (CA) Raceway opens up next year. It promises to be a great place to race, and it's not far from home for me.

It's not far from me either I'll be there.

Old 10-13-2007, 10:57 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,091,844 times
Mark is a great driver also. I really respect him and what he's done.

Old 10-13-2007, 04:23 PM

3,928 posts, read 11,610,936 times
My father watched Nascar when I was growning up and my husband has followed it for the past 20+ years. To create healthy competition and comraderie, I always selected an opposing car manufacturer first, followed by the driver second. For example when my husband followed the Dale Earnhardt Sr Chevy, I cheered for the Rusty Wallace or Mark Martin Ford. At the present, our driver(s) of choice for our "I told you he would win!" competition are Dale Earnhardt Jr in the Chevy (hubby's choice of course) and Carl Edwards in a Ford. I do get bored watching the long races, so we use the DVR. It's great to able to see a 4-hour commercial packed race in under 2 hours.

It's almost time now for the Charlotte night race

Old 10-13-2007, 04:57 PM

I was watching track Day and they were saying that a housing track has been built close to the track and now the people who live there are complaining about the track, why would you build houses close to a track and then complain?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing