Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 06:25 AM

56 posts, read 92,741 times

Advertisements

Well folks, after witnessing the whole Phillip Island circus, I have to say I am not buying the excuse from Bridgestone. Somehow, some way this must have been a hair brained scheme cooked up by race direction to make the season more interesting. I fail to accept a company that has been making tires since 1931 could be surprised by a new track surface at this event that is so much more destructive to their tires that they claim they can't guarantee them for more than 27 miles? Twenty freakin seven miles? Seriously? "Oh, we had much higher track temperatures here this weekend." Oh boo hoo. The highest was 25 degrees C. Pssshaw. You saw higher temps than that at COTA in April!!!
And exactly how did Marc Marquez and HIS ENTIRE TEAM be the ONLY team that seriously believed they would be allowed to complete lap 11 when EVERYONE ELSE came in before the end of 10?

Someone will have to really feed me some gobs of data before I can believe what I saw this weekend. I didn't hear Dunlop whining about track conditions for the Moto2 folks. Yes, the race distance was shorted by a few laps for them too, but hey- one needs to feign consistency, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2013, 12:40 AM

3,040 posts, read 2,578,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxpx40 View Post
Well folks, after witnessing the whole Phillip Island circus, I have to say I am not buying the excuse from Bridgestone. Somehow, some way this must have been a hair brained scheme cooked up by race direction to make the season more interesting. I fail to accept a company that has been making tires since 1931 could be surprised by a new track surface at this event that is so much more destructive to their tires that they claim they can't guarantee them for more than 27 miles? Twenty freakin seven miles? Seriously? "Oh, we had much higher track temperatures here this weekend." Oh boo hoo. The highest was 25 degrees C. Pssshaw. You saw higher temps than that at COTA in April!!!
And exactly how did Marc Marquez and HIS ENTIRE TEAM be the ONLY team that seriously believed they would be allowed to complete lap 11 when EVERYONE ELSE came in before the end of 10?

Someone will have to really feed me some gobs of data before I can believe what I saw this weekend. I didn't hear Dunlop whining about track conditions for the Moto2 folks. Yes, the race distance was shorted by a few laps for them too, but hey- one needs to feign consistency, right?
Yeh I'm a little skeptical about the whole situation too.
As far as I'm aware, the tyre specifications didn't even change much from last season if at all.

Old 11-01-2013, 03:55 AM

1,479 posts, read 2,719,101 times
I cant tell you how lucky Esteve Rabat was last weekend. I thought he was dead for sure when I saw the front wheel of the following rider nail him in the head. As soon as I saw the replay all I could think of was the image of Tomizawas dead body flopping along the track at San Marino a couple of years back. Someone from above was watching over Rabat for sure last weekend.

Old 11-22-2013, 02:11 PM

56 posts, read 92,741 times
What was funny, is he actually said, "I'm glad Scott (Redding) didn't hit me." I saw him get tagged. It was actually the fairing that caught him in the helmet. Snapped his head back pretty fast too. I couldn't believe he got up from that..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing