Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2013, 01:24 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,872,615 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyinca View Post
Yes! Thanks so much! I watched Daytona to see how Danica did and got totally hooked and have not missed a race since. Have not exactly been impressed with Danica. Got hubby hooked but we are still trying to learn the sport. It took me years to really understand football. Now NASCAR and football are on at the same time, so stress, DVRs will be running because we are hooked on both. Can't wait till the race this weekend!

Saw Clint on "NASCAR Now" being interviewed last night. Hmmm....he was dodging the "was the spin on purpose" question. Stood by his original answer (flat tire mumbled answer), but said they deserved the fines and penalities. So in one sense he admitted they cheated but on the other hand he won't admit the spin was on purpose.

I want to see who crashes into Clint first...Jeff Gordon! What does Jeff have to lose...
thirteenth place in the points. even though he cant win the championship, there is still a substantial sum of cash he can win at the end of the season by being the highest non chase points winner. i doubt that someone will wreck bowyer intentionally, well at least officially.

i do remember back in the day when two drivers were close in points and either could win the championship, there was a running joke in the drivers meeting where the nascar officials would tell the other drivers, if you hit one you best back up and hit the other as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2013, 02:55 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,909,608 times
Anyone hear the new negotiations recordings going on between Legano Penske and number 38 just released. Its like hearing a I'll make it worth your while then; well they know what I want.It just gets deeper. In this case even checking if it comes from the top of Penske team and its affirmed. Altho they changed channels its hard to believe how careless they were and specific. Sure makes me see NASCAR as becoming more like WWE. Well; There is always football to watch.

Old 09-11-2013, 03:58 PM
PDD PDD started this thread

8,773 posts, read 18,400,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Anyone hear the new negotiations recordings going on between Legano Penske and number 38 just released. Its like hearing a I'll make it worth your while then; well they know what I want.It just gets deeper. In this case even checking if it comes from the top of Penske team and its affirmed. Altho they changed channels its hard to believe how careless they were and specific. Sure makes me see NASCAR as becoming more like WWE. Well; There is always football to watch.
I really don't think this is any different than letting a teammate lead a lap for one point. All teams do this along with their associate teams. I may not seem like a big deal in the middle of the season but it sure can change the outcome come Sept. at Richmond.

Old 09-11-2013, 05:54 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,909,608 times
But if you watch they always allow the other to retake the position. That is hard to control since they do same with shifting and drafting even not same team and its not against the rules.If they want to make this legal; then do so and live with what fans think of it . Certainly we now see Bowyer trying to spread the blame with Johnson saying he purposely spun but he messed up because Gordon who he says Johnson tried to help was already in pits at time. Bowyer just slides deeper and deeper into that hole.

Old 09-12-2013, 07:05 AM

9,520 posts, read 9,836,609 times
The whole Chase point system are causing these problems. NASCAR is starting to look like Formula 1. It's pathetic.

Old 09-12-2013, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
NASCAR is starting to look like Formula 1. It's pathetic.
Your right, one of the many things NASCAR had going for them was REAL racing,now that may be gone.

Oh well there's always SVRA this month at VIR.

Old 09-13-2013, 08:27 PM

1,336 posts, read 1,825,164 times
Time for an updated list!

Old 09-14-2013, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyinca View Post
Time for an updated list!
Go for it, I'm done with this sham of a season.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing