Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2014, 10:23 AM

68,333 posts, read 54,445,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mos1992 View Post
I think there is a good chance they hire Conor Daly or Alex Rossi. I don't think Rosenzweig has a chance
I was 12 years old when Phil Hill won the title in 1961 and ignited my interest in F1, I'd love to see things come full circle with another American racing for the title, doing it in an American entry would be even better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2014, 12:26 PM

983 posts, read 1,635,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mos1992 View Post
I think there is a good chance they hire Conor Daly or Alex Rossi. I don't think Rosenzweig has a chance
Daly and Rossi are decent drivers who wouldn't look bad. They will probably need a pay driver at the beginning too, unless they have massive funding.

Rosenzweig is incredibly slow, so yea, no chance.

Old 04-06-2014, 10:56 AM

GREAT RACE IN BAHRAIN TODAY!

Old 04-06-2014, 12:46 PM

7,785 posts, read 18,841,178 times
Good race - but either Maldonado hit Gutierrez at just that one point and speed to flip a car or some of those nose designs are flat-out dangerous. We've infrequently seen other cars flip over the years, but we've also seen a lot of that kind of contact without a flip in past years.

I actually kinda like Vettel, but I think this year is good for him. I think a lot more of Hamilton after his struggles and switch to Mercedes as well. The biggest whiner of the day? Montezemolo of Ferrari, leaving before the race was even finished.

Old 04-07-2014, 08:49 AM

Best race in years!!! Hamilton vs Rosberg all out (best defensive driving I've seen in a while), Pérez vs Hulkenberg, Ricciardo and for some time the Williams cars for third, "Seb, Daniel is faster than you" (hehe)... Just lots of emotions all over the field. 10/10 in my book for this race. Plus the cars looked cool in that lighting.

I am now convinced that Maldonado has more teeth than neurons. What he did was beyond stupid. And he still had the nerve to blame Esteban. Will he ever learn?

Old 04-07-2014, 09:25 AM

One of the F1 sites has quoted Bernie as saying "Gene Haas' application to set up a team has been accepted".

If true I can only say : BRAVO!

It'd be great to see an American presence back in F1.

Old 04-07-2014, 04:01 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,400,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
One of the F1 sites has quoted Bernie as saying "Gene Haas' application to set up a team has been accepted".

If true I can only say : BRAVO!

It'd be great to see an American presence back in F1.
American owner
American built chassis and engine
American driver

Count me in as a new fan.

Old 04-08-2014, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
American owner
American built chassis and engine
American driver

Count me in as a new fan.
I think they will start with a Dallara chassis (Italian), with the idea of setting everything up to build their own in Concord, NC. I guess theyt will work out a deal with either Ferrari, Renault or Mercedes for the engine (or maybe Honda now that they are returning).

As for the American driver, I'd say there is a good chance for that. I'd give Alexander Rossi a chance and set up Connor Daly as test/reserve and get an sponsor to fund him a GP2 seat so he gets more seasoned. Big wishlist, but hey...

Old 04-08-2014, 07:35 PM

5,466 posts, read 8,192,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collective View Post
I think they will start with a Dallara chassis (Italian), with the idea of setting everything up to build their own in Concord, NC. I guess theyt will work out a deal with either Ferrari, Renault or Mercedes for the engine (or maybe Honda now that they are returning).
…...........
Of course,they wouldn't be allowed to race a car with a Dallara chassis. In F1, the constructor must design and construct the chassis.

I agree that they would probably get an engine from an outside source.

Because the chassis and engine are an integrated unit, they would probably have to select an engine before they designed the chassis.

Old 04-09-2014, 07:34 AM

2,256 posts, read 4,500,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW-type-gal View Post
Good race - but either Maldonado hit Gutierrez at just that one point and speed to flip a car or some of those nose designs are flat-out dangerous. We've infrequently seen other cars flip over the years, but we've also seen a lot of that kind of contact without a flip in past years.

I actually kinda like Vettel, but I think this year is good for him. I think a lot more of Hamilton after his struggles and switch to Mercedes as well. The biggest whiner of the day? Montezemolo of Ferrari, leaving before the race was even finished.

If you actually take a close look at slo mo you can see it wasnt the nose that got tripped over. It was a rear tire climbing a front tire from the rear as happens in open wheel all too often. Thats why the car shot so violently straight up at such a relatively slow speed. Grippy rubber climbing other grippy rubber. The nose had no effect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing