Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2016, 06:11 PM

17,607 posts, read 15,292,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
If you thought the Chase was a stupid idea - get ready for NASCAR's equivalent of TV timeouts. New for 2016 the Truck Series will have a "Caution Clock." Forced competition cautions every 20 minutes. Good luck trying to get into a rhythm.
Didn't they do this in the 98 season?

From 95 to 97 they did halftime.. Then in 98 they went to 'competition cautions' 4 times a race, which was the only time that teams could change tires, unless one failed, or debris was run over or similar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2016, 06:38 PM

5,676 posts, read 5,896,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Tracks continuing to shave off capacity.. Richmond removing all backstretch seating (I was in that seating for the fall 2000 race that Gordon won with the 'platinum' intake or whatever) and I think Charlotte is removing the Diamond Tower Terrace, which was my go-to seating choice there..

Just a note.. Blaney full time in the 21 isn't particularly accurate, though it's not wrong.. Probably more apt to say that the 21 returns to full time competition with Blaney as the driver.

I remember when they were built. I don't think Ive ever seen them full, or for that matter, open. But the only races I went to at Charlotte since they were built were The Winstons, went from the first one under the lights, up to the very last Winston, so I haven't been there in a few years.

Old 01-25-2016, 08:47 AM

3,869 posts, read 4,083,302 times
Now that my football season has come to an end , I can start to get into racing mode. Look forward to the 18 team going back to back, since my Pats could not.

Old 01-25-2016, 09:16 AM

8,606 posts, read 14,908,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
Now that my football season has come to an end , I can start to get into racing mode. Look forward to the 18 team going back to back, since my Pats could not.
Would it change your allegiance if you found out Kyle Busch is a Broncos fan?

https://twitter.com/KyleBusch/status/691339390799380480

Old 01-25-2016, 09:21 AM

3,869 posts, read 4,083,302 times
His being a Bronco fan does not change my fandom.......he's the best out there.

Old 01-25-2016, 02:32 PM

17,607 posts, read 15,292,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
I remember when they were built. I don't think Ive ever seen them full, or for that matter, open. But the only races I went to at Charlotte since they were built were The Winstons, went from the first one under the lights, up to the very last Winston, so I haven't been there in a few years.
That's what I would always go to, and that's the reason I always liked the Diamond Tower Terrace, because they were never full.. And, honestly, Turn 2 was a good place to watch the race and if you sat high enough in the Diamond Tower, you had some shade (Or, 2 years, protection from rain)

I was there for the '01 Winston where it rained and half the field wrecked on the start of the race.. And sat there through the delays.. Funniest thing I've ever seen.. There were 3 guys who had been overserved by the time the Winston actually started.. Then they decided to break out the pot and light up.

One of them apparently had to go to the bathroom.. Drunk, stoned and wet steps are a bad combination. He slipped and fell at row 80 and didn't stop until about row 35.

Old 01-25-2016, 05:11 PM

5,676 posts, read 5,896,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
That's what I would always go to, and that's the reason I always liked the Diamond Tower Terrace, because they were never full.. And, honestly, Turn 2 was a good place to watch the race and if you sat high enough in the Diamond Tower, you had some shade (Or, 2 years, protection from rain)

I was there for the '01 Winston where it rained and half the field wrecked on the start of the race.. And sat there through the delays.. Funniest thing I've ever seen.. There were 3 guys who had been overserved by the time the Winston actually started.. Then they decided to break out the pot and light up.

One of them apparently had to go to the bathroom.. Drunk, stoned and wet steps are a bad combination. He slipped and fell at row 80 and didn't stop until about row 35.

My favorite memories of The Winston, Richard Petty taking the lead in the Open, Jeff Gordon running out of gas, and the gal who had on a bikini top that was a Confedrate flag on each, um, one. My brother and I both started singing Dixie!!

Old 01-26-2016, 08:39 AM

6,794 posts, read 5,668,155 times
gonna be a great season. I almost waited too long this year before getting my Daytona 500 tickets and there are few left (at least in the cheap seats)... of course tearing down the back stretch has something to do with that.. but at least for the 500, NASCAR appears to be just fine!

Old 01-26-2016, 09:53 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,400,302 times
I want NASCAR to stop this silliness with restarts. The leader of the race deserves to start first not side by side with somebody who was 5 seconds behind with a few laps remaining.

It used to be that way back when NASCAR had better races, the lead lap cars started single file and the lap down cars beside them. Stop this pansy racing of getting a free pass.
This is the major league of racing not the little league where everybody gets a trophy.
If you can't run fast enough to stay on the lead lap you don't deserve a free pass.

Rant over for today.

Old 01-26-2016, 11:14 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,863,747 times
^^Agreed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing