Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2008, 09:43 AM

334 posts, read 828,676 times

Advertisements

Are you fed up with NASCAR's running of the show? Where are the good old boys racing cars that actually had some relation to the various manufacturers? I enjoyed the "race on Sunday sell on Monday racing, this crap today is just the old "Race of Champions" format, and where is that? Now, I'm a guy who looks up everytime I hear a motor running, love racing (mostly road racing type of stuff) and while sitting at the pub yesterday, one of the TVs was on some Nascar race/practice. I noticed that and shifted my attention to some exciting sports, golf on one tv and soccer on another! NASCAR, you've lost a fan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2008, 10:24 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,168,745 times
Money spoils all sports......I too miss the "run what ya brung" type of racing.

Old 03-31-2008, 01:10 AM

3,051 posts, read 11,605,160 times
The short track racing at many local tracks across the country sounds much more like what you're looking for. NASCAR still sanctions some of these events, but their focus is much more on the "Cup Series" racing. I just returned from the SRL "Southwest Tour" and NASCAR "Camping World" West Series season opener at Roseville, CA's All American Speedway. That was the type of racing that I enjoy. The race on Saturday, sell on Monday thing works here, since most of the sponsors are local folks. They get the word out on the street about themselves through their promotion of racing. I think you'd like this type of stock car racing.

Old 04-21-2008, 10:53 PM

12 posts, read 66,502 times
Default The ole days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Rosarito View Post
Are you fed up with NASCAR's running of the show? Where are the good old boys racing cars that actually had some relation to the various manufacturers? I enjoyed the "race on Sunday sell on Monday racing, this crap today is just the old "Race of Champions" format, and where is that? Now, I'm a guy who looks up everytime I hear a motor running, love racing (mostly road racing type of stuff) and while sitting at the pub yesterday, one of the TVs was on some Nascar race/practice. I noticed that and shifted my attention to some exciting sports, golf on one tv and soccer on another! NASCAR, you've lost a fan.

Well the old days would be great to see, but NASCAR like all other sports have fallen into the same rut. In the ole days they didnt get paid no where near as much hell NASCAR started due to moonshining, hell they would let some of them out of jail to go race. Anyhow, sorry I got away from myself. Now-a-days they get paid so much that they cant get hurt and we cant have all that crazy acting up. They did make it awhile before the "pussifacation of america has set in. Buddy Baker said it best when he said "I could not race in todays NASCAR, back in my day we would throw some tires in the trunk get to the track knock each other around on the track after the race get out of the car and beat the crap out of each other and then go to the bar and get drunk and do it all again next week.

Old 05-04-2008, 09:51 PM

9,897 posts, read 10,845,168 times
Its all about sponsers and advertising, the racing is just the vehicle to facilitate that! They will do what ever they think will get them a larger audiance, "more eyeballs on the quarter panels". If that means abandoning those who got you there so be it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing