Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2024, 03:20 PM

9,888 posts, read 10,818,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
You're right. Not only were there too many people in that booth.. They all kinda sounded alike at times as well. Earnhardt was DECENTLY easy to pick out.. But when they got excited.. Sometimes I couldn't tell who the hell was talking.

I just wish someone would bring back Allen Bestwick. I know he was doing the SRX races, but.. That's done now. He NEEDS to be someone's lead announcer. Whether Max/Amazon share announcers or what happens.. I hope they bring him in.
You nailed it. I agree, I like Allen Bestwick a lot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2024, 05:36 AM

9,496 posts, read 9,804,183 times
Well that was an interesting Bristol race!

Old 03-18-2024, 06:22 AM

6,414 posts, read 3,128,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Yeah, it was..........

Old 03-18-2024, 06:56 AM

5,130 posts, read 6,123,485 times
The road courses still get my full attention but I usually tune in to watch the last 50 laps of the races each Sunday and damn they went through some tires. It’s hard to judge spectator attendance sometimes with the colored seats but yesterday with some of the overhead shots the stands looked pretty empty.

Old 03-18-2024, 07:23 AM

5,167 posts, read 4,938,673 times
Quote:
To say the least!
Starting out, it didn't look too promising. But, thank goodness for the tire wear! Not thrilled to see Hamlin win, but overall, a decent race!

Old 03-18-2024, 08:19 AM

17,567 posts, read 15,226,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikMal View Post
To say the least!
Starting out, it didn't look too promising. But, thank goodness for the tire wear! Not thrilled to see Hamlin win, but overall, a decent race!

There was side-by-side racing. And occasional three wide.. At Bristol!

I don't care what you say.. That was a THOUSAND times better than the nose-to-tail have to do the bump and run to get around someone Bristol of the late 90's / early 2000's.

It appears Ford and Chevy have some catching up to do to Toyota on the short tracks.

Old 03-18-2024, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBtwinz View Post
The road courses still get my full attention but I usually tune in to watch the last 50 laps of the races each Sunday and damn they went through some tires. It’s hard to judge spectator attendance sometimes with the colored seats but yesterday with some of the overhead shots the stands looked pretty empty.
Haha, very empty. My son and I were commenting on the same thing . He looked up seat prices, was surprised how cheap they were but then again when you look at how many seats are empty it isnt surprising.
Obviously going to be some finger pointing this week about the tire wear.

Old 03-19-2024, 08:25 AM

9,496 posts, read 9,804,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikMal View Post
To say the least!
I'm OK with Denny winning. This race leaned more into maturity as a driver, guys who have seen something like this before, and knew how to save their tires for when it counted. We won't see something like this again because teams will learn.

We'll be seeing more Denny wins this year though, something tells me this may be his year.

My drivers were in the top 10 Sunday, so not so bad. The race in September will be different, since its in the summer and should see more rubber being laid down on a much hotter track surface.

Old 03-19-2024, 09:30 AM

17,567 posts, read 15,226,764 times
Quote:
I'm OK with Denny winning. This race leaned more into maturity as a driver, guys who have seen something like this before, and knew how to save their tires for when it counted. We won't see something like this again because teams will learn.

We'll be seeing more Denny wins this year though, something tells me this may be his year.

My drivers were in the top 10 Sunday, so not so bad. The race in September will be different, since its in the summer and should see more rubber being laid down on a much hotter track surface.

But that will be a night race. Concrete. It isn't going to hold the heat of the day. Temps will petty much be exactly the same.

I was most impressed with Ty Gibbs. I'd officially call this 'losing one', because he really had the dominant car.. So, he's lost one now and next up would be winning one.

RFK has the short tracks figured out as well. They're not on par with the Toyotas, but they're certainly the best Ford team on mile or less tracks, it seems.

Let's talk about some others..

Austin Dillon has to be at the top of disappointments. 16th is his best finish this year. Been caught up in a number of things not his fault, but..

Harrison Burton. I've been talking about him for 3 years now.. He's out after this year. I just can't see the Woods giving him another year of this. His best finish this year is 11th, but all other finishes were about 27th or worse.

Logano has run decent and been caught up in a lot.. Some of his making, some not.

The best SHR car is the 14 of Briscoe who is 19th in points, so the slide here seems to be continuing.

Chase Elliott, Martin Truex and Ty Gibbs.. Quietly doing their thing. Elliott is the worst of those, 6th in points.

Corey LaJoie has been running very well, as has McDowell.. Used to be you saw them do well at the 'plate' tracks only.. They're doing well everywhere now. Maybe not GREAT, but well.

The rookies.. Look like they weren't ready. None are really doing well. Hocevar is actually the best of the bunch at the moment. Zane Smith and Kaz Grala are in lesser equipment, but.. 24th in points for Hocevar is the best.

Legacy Motor Club seems to be getting a nice bounce from the move to Toyota. 15th and 20th in points.Best they did last year was 27th for Jones.

Hendrick is.. Hendrick. All of them in the top 12.

Old 03-19-2024, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post

I was most impressed with Ty Gibbs. I'd officially call this 'losing one', because he really had the dominant car.. So, he's lost one now and next up would be winning one.

RFK has the short tracks figured out as well. They're not on par with the Toyotas, but they're certainly the best Ford team on mile or less tracks, it seems.

Austin Dillon has to be at the top of disappointments. 16th is his best finish this year. Been caught up in a number of things not his fault, but..

The best SHR car is the 14 of Briscoe who is 19th in points, so the slide here seems to be continuing.

Legacy Motor Club seems to be getting a nice bounce from the move to Toyota. 15th and 20th in points.Best they did last year was 27th for Jones.

Hendrick is.. Hendrick. All of them in the top 12.
Wallace not off to a great start... yeah I know its early, but of the Toyotas he is only ahead of Jones and Jimmie Johnson in points. As you said looks like Gibbs is going to be a contender, Reddick obviously running well and Nemecheck ahead of him so far. Downside of increase in numbers, looks a lot worse when you are at the bottom of 9 than of 6.

Great run for BK, no doubt he gets a win this year.

I'll say it again ... Austin Dillon the front office is calling and there is another Austin waiting for that seat.
I gotta believe the honeymoon period is over for KB at RCR hes going to start making some noise.

Josh Berry was looking strong for SHR , all things considered.

Legacy picking up JHN is looking like a smart move and as you said the switch to Toyota.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing