Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2023, 11:51 AM

3,661 posts, read 2,952,269 times

Advertisements

Lol. When I bought my car the dealer put some stupid theft ID sticker all over the interior of the car with id # and charged over 500 for it. I paid it cause the car was a steal of a deal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2023, 02:47 PM

9,511 posts, read 9,094,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Take a History Class View Post
Happened to drive by the local Ford/Lincoln dealer today and they had several rows of new F150s and really, more stock than I've seen since Covid. I'm not planning on giving them any business however, as I won't soon forget the $50k "market adjustments" they were leveling at the height of the insanity. I'm also starting to see more new car TV ads with financing deals. The CJDR dealership has been at what I would call "normal" inventory levels for a few months now. Honda and Toyota still thin.

How are things looking in your neck of the woods?
Nationwide, the F150 is the largest inventory at over 100,000 sitting on dealer lots. Any recent recommendations is to not buy. Wait until prices are adjusted. The smaller used car dealers are going to take the hits for overpaying trade-ins and overpaying for cars sitting on their lots. The three highest numbers of inventory include Ford, Chevy and GMC. Toyota, Kia and Honda are the least. Small cars are the ones in demand as of May 2023. Small trucks yes but not large (full sized) trucks.

Old 05-31-2023, 05:38 AM

6,563 posts, read 7,145,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
Nationwide, the F150 is the largest inventory at over 100,000 sitting on dealer lots. Any recent recommendations is to not buy. Wait until prices are adjusted. The smaller used car dealers are going to take the hits for overpaying trade-ins and overpaying for cars sitting on their lots. The three highest numbers of inventory include Ford, Chevy and GMC. Toyota, Kia and Honda are the least. Small cars are the ones in demand as of May 2023. Small trucks yes but not large (full sized) trucks.
When you try and price a $50k truck for $70-90k and you wonder why nobody is buying?? market adjustment My neighbor friend went to Toyota dealer recently and put $500 down on a new Tundra allocation…basically they’ll let him know when that spec one shows up, it’ll be here late June/early July and no “market adjustment”. Sounds like some Ford, Chevy, and GMC dealers might/probably going under soon.

Did these dealers pay a higher price from factories for these market adjusted trucks? If so, they won’t be around long at all.

Old 05-31-2023, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wamer27 View Post
When you try and price a $50k truck for $70-90k and you wonder why nobody is buying?? market adjustment My neighbor friend went to Toyota dealer recently and put $500 down on a new Tundra allocation…basically they’ll let him know when that spec one shows up, it’ll be here late June/early July and no “market adjustment”. Sounds like some Ford, Chevy, and GMC dealers might/probably going under soon.

Did these dealers pay a higher price from factories for these market adjusted trucks? If so, they won’t be around long at all.
What’s more likely is Toyota will lose some brand loyal customers.

As customers go on Toyota lots to buy RAV4’s, they will be frustrated with no inventory and high mark up slightly used. They need a vehicle. They can’t wait another year or two for one to show up. They walk over to either Honda, Kia or Ford to buy a small SUV because of discounts and availability. In the end, Toyota will lose lifelong brand customers due to Toyota’s inability to have enough inventory and at competitive prices.

Toyota wishes they could turn excess Highlanders into RAV4’s. For Ford and GMC, they have to move their new inventory of 2023 and even 2022 before 2024’s show up. Ford has already said they will be increasing MSRP for 2024s, which will “incentivize” buyers into 2023’s; if you believe that will work.

Part of the problem isn’t buyer demand but loan denial for mid credit buyers showing up and not getting approved for $60,000 vehicles at 12% interest. It’s an overpriced market. Take off some of the over technology to lower the price.

Old 05-31-2023, 06:03 AM

7,605 posts, read 3,265,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
What’s more likely is Toyota will lose some brand loyal customers.

As customers go on Toyota lots to buy RAV4’s, they will be frustrated with no inventory and high mark up slightly used. They need a vehicle. They can’t wait another year or two for one to show up. They walk over to either Honda, Kia or Ford to buy a small SUV because of discounts and availability. In the end, Toyota will lose lifelong brand customers due to Toyota’s inability to have enough inventory and at competitive prices.

Toyota wishes they could turn excess Highlanders into RAV4’s. For Ford and GMC, they have to move their new inventory of 2023 and even 2022 before 2024’s show up. Ford has already said they will be increasing MSRP for 2024s, which will “incentivize” buyers into 2023’s; if you believe that will work.

Part of the problem isn’t buyer demand but loan denial for mid credit buyers showing up and not getting approved for $60,000 vehicles at 12% interest. It’s an overpriced market. Take off some of the over technology to lower the price.
Yeah, it works until it doesn't. Carmaggedon incoming.

Old 06-03-2023, 04:32 PM

705 posts, read 507,223 times
Im in the market for a Chevy 2500 HD work truck. I’m dreading having to go talk to some salesman. I hate buying new cars, sucks big time.

Old 06-05-2023, 01:35 PM

Every day gets worse for the automotive industry. Repos are up, interest rates are rising, and missed payments are now right at the same percentage as in 2008. Bubble is a nice word for it. Everyone is saying don’t buy right now, wait. Wait until the floor drops.

Already seeing “new” 2022 prices fall dramatically (over $5k). Floor is dropping, just slowly.

Adding link, just one, to show the chaos coming.
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/car-m...4YROL4eIrfQGlG

Old 06-05-2023, 07:02 PM

6,563 posts, read 7,145,772 times
Actually my friend got that new Mazda CX-50 for under msrp with zero down, zero % interest. Her credit must be off the charts and Mazda is trying to get people to buy…

Old 06-05-2023, 07:20 PM

10,311 posts, read 6,856,670 times
Average new car/truck payment is $730/mo.

Let that sink in for a moment.

Old 06-05-2023, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wamer27 View Post
Actually my friend got that new Mazda CX-50 for under msrp with zero down, zero % interest. Her credit must be off the charts and Mazda is trying to get people to buy…
With fed interest rate over 5%, Mazda simply baked in the total price to make up for the zero percent. “Make up” still means they took a slight ding on their profit but it meant moving another vehicle to make room for surging inventory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive