Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2024, 08:19 AM

29,481 posts, read 14,643,964 times

Advertisements

It's going to be a good week of small tire radial racing ! Wonder if we will see some records broken. Wonder if we will see a Pro275 car dip in to the 3.50's ? Good to see Steve Jackson return to radial racing, and he has called out pretty much everyone, it should be interesting.
He went 3.58 which put him number on in RVW qualifying, although it looked like he hurt the motor on that pass.
https://racedxp.com/event-race-info/

Round one qualifying. The announcer is horrible though, needs to have the mic taken from him. Lol.
https://www.youtube.com/live/zlFrvgr...u2GVtS2Cc9hVig
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2024, 06:52 AM

Stevie Fast won RVW with a 3.50@213...I think he ran in the .50's ever pass, impressive. New, Pro275 record set, 3.61@207. It won't be long now before a 275 car dips into the .50's. I think a nitrous car set a 60ft record with a .893. That is about it. I was hoping to see some RVW cars in the .40's, but I don't think anyone has been that quick since Jason Lee went .49 two years ago.

Old 02-28-2024, 05:04 AM

6,552 posts, read 7,133,096 times
Guy who owns a local tire shop to me is apart of a team in the World Series of Pro Mod. He won the NMCA Pro Mod title last year and a clip on friends facebook page advertising a race this weekend shows him running 3.71

Old 02-28-2024, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wamer27 View Post
Guy who owns a local tire shop to me is apart of a team in the World Series of Pro Mod. He won the NMCA Pro Mod title last year and a clip on friends facebook page advertising a race this weekend shows him running 3.71
That is cool. I think there is a big Pro Mod race this weekend. Those into the sport, call the big slicks that promods run "floppy tires". And it is amazing seeing the 315 drag radial cars running quicker and faster than the Promods with the floppy tires.

Basically the RVW cars are promods with drag radials. The guy that won RVW swapped tires and is racing promod this weekend.

Old 02-28-2024, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
That is cool. I think there is a big Pro Mod race this weekend. Those into the sport, call the big slicks that promods run "floppy tires". And it is amazing seeing the 315 drag radial cars running quicker and faster than the Promods with the floppy tires.

Basically the RVW cars are promods with drag radials. The guy that won RVW swapped tires and is racing promod this weekend.
Is it the Bradenton, FL races this weekend? The guy I mentioned who races his name is Eric Gustafson I guess. Assuming he’s out of MN. Apparently it’s a $100k winner takes all competition.

Old 02-28-2024, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wamer27 View Post
Is it the Bradenton, FL races this weekend? The guy I mentioned who races his name is Eric Gustafson I guess. Assuming he’s out of MN. Apparently it’s a $100k winner takes all competition.
Yes it is the races in Bradenton. Just looked up Eric, that car looks like Jason Lee's. I wonder if they've teamed up or he bought it. If it's Jason's old one, it set the RVW record a couple of years ago.
Very cool !

Good article, on Eric
https://dragillustrated.com/past-nmc...r-wsopm-debut/

Old 02-28-2024, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Yes it is the races in Bradenton. Just looked up Eric, that car looks like Jason Lee's. I wonder if they've teamed up or he bought it. If it's Jason's old one, it set the RVW record a couple of years ago.
Very cool !

Good article, on Eric
https://dragillustrated.com/past-nmc...r-wsopm-debut/
Yep, that’s the article my friend posted on Facebook a few days ago. I’m guessing the guy I know supplies his team with tires/tire changing machines. The tire shop was started by his grandpa long ago and is still around, but I can buy from Tire-rack (warehouse is within a mile of my house) or US Autoforce (through my mechanics account and is way less then Tire-rack) for way less then his tire shop. I only use them for mounting and balancing new vehicle or lawn mower tires.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive