Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2023, 11:25 AM

102,234 posts, read 108,060,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
I'd be very surprised if there aren't surveillance cameras that could be used to determine if anyone else went into the room. If not, there should be.
It's been almost a week since that occurred. By now, if there were surveillance cameras, the results should be known.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2023, 07:35 PM

6,633 posts, read 4,319,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
It's been almost a week since that occurred. By now, if there were surveillance cameras, the results should be known.
The case is still under investigation. A hotel like this, for sure, has surveillance cameras.

Old 10-05-2023, 10:01 AM

17,412 posts, read 16,574,230 times
Is it possible that she was suffering a stroke or some other neurological event that made her jaw clench, so she stuffed the sock in her mouth to cushion her teeth or something?

Maybe she was using a sock as an impromptu dental night guard? Do people do that kind of thing?

Aside for the sock in her mouth it doesn't sound as though there was anything else suggesting foul play.

Old 10-05-2023, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
Is it possible that she was suffering a stroke or some other neurological event that made her jaw clench, so she stuffed the sock in her mouth to cushion her teeth or something?

Maybe she was using a sock as an impromptu dental night guard? Do people do that kind of thing?

Aside for the sock in her mouth it doesn't sound as though there was anything else suggesting foul play.
It's possible she let someone into her room.

Old 10-05-2023, 07:56 PM

17,412 posts, read 16,574,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizap View Post
It's possible she let someone into her room.

Oh, absolutely it's possible that she either let someone in the room or someone somehow managed to enter it.

I was just trying to figure out any possible reason why this lady would have put a sock in her own mouth. The only thing I could come up with is maybe she had dental pain and was using the sock as a cushion between her teeth.

I wonder when the cause of death will be released.

Old 10-05-2023, 10:39 PM

17,218 posts, read 57,124,095 times
I personally can't imagine a situation where I would put even a perfectly clean sock in my own mouth. Just sayin'.

This reminds me of a death where the deceased was written up to have "died by suicide due to multiple hammer blows to the head" - What?! I think that one got re-opened.

Old 10-06-2023, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
Oh, absolutely it's possible that she either let someone in the room or someone somehow managed to enter it.

I was just trying to figure out any possible reason why this lady would have put a sock in her own mouth. The only thing I could come up with is maybe she had dental pain and was using the sock as a cushion between her teeth.

I wonder when the cause of death will be released.
There were no signs of forced entry.

Old 10-06-2023, 10:50 AM

3,219 posts, read 2,440,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizap View Post
AA gate personnel tried to reach her when she didn't show up for the flight two days before she was found. From what is known at this point, it appears no one else was notified by AA to follow-up.
What was wrong with the hotel? She was supposed to check out therefore they should have tried to enter her hotel room to clean it. The other flight attendants probably got busy, told the airline she was AWOL an forgot all about it. The airline might have just assumed she walked off the job after trying to contact her. I lay blame on the hotel for waiting two and a half days (night time Monday) before someone discovered her.

Old 10-06-2023, 10:53 AM

3,219 posts, read 2,440,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Mitch View Post
I personally can't imagine a situation where I would put even a perfectly clean sock in my own mouth. Just sayin'.

This reminds me of a death where the deceased was written up to have "died by suicide due to multiple hammer blows to the head" - What?! I think that one got re-opened.
I think that was knife wounds to the back and back of head as well as chest. Labeled suicide. How in the world can someone stab themselves multiple time in the back and head and it be suicide.

Old 10-06-2023, 04:06 PM

17,218 posts, read 57,124,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthofHere View Post
I think that was knife wounds to the back and back of head as well as chest. Labeled suicide. How in the world can someone stab themselves multiple time in the back and head and it be suicide.
That does rather sound like a murder. It is very strange that no one went looking for her when she didn't show up for the next flight - if the remaining FAs didn't have time to hunt for her, at least alert someone (local airline office, hotel, maybe cops, although calling the cops when someone simply does not show up for work seems a little extreme).

I have been on international trips several times and if one of my colleagues didn't show up on the morning of flying out, I would be checking on them. Of course we have the habit of getting up earlier than strictly necessary to get some breakfast and coffee before leaving the hotel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation