Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe Boeing’s response about the 787 safety?
Yes 2 40.00%
No 2 40.00%
I don’t know 1 20.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2024, 08:35 AM

63 posts, read 37,927 times

Advertisements

Being’s former mechanic claims that 787 Dreamliner has serious issues and he doesn’t let his family to fly on this aircraft type. Boeing engineer-turned-whistleblower who contends that the aerospace giant’s 787 Dreamliner is unsafe to fly due to assembly flaws doubled down on his claims Tuesday, saying that the plane could fall apart and “drop to the ground” midflight unless the alleged safety problems are addressed. But Boeing denied allegations by saying that 787 Dreamliner is a safe aircraft to fly with no major incidents since its release.

The main question is do you actually believe Boeing’s response or they try to cover up the case??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 06:17 AM

12,420 posts, read 9,519,802 times
A. I don't think it's likely that Salehpour is just making this whole thing up - there's just no mileage in it for him
B. I don't trust Boeing executives to admit problems, even if they're significant

All that said, I think it's difficult to know, how significant the issues really are. The planes have been in service since 2011, so 13 years already and no catastrophic damage has yet been observed. It is possible that there were some deficiencies in assembly procedures for some planes but that there's enough of an engineering margin to the materials that it will be okay anyway.

Old Today, 12:29 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,710 posts, read 58,042,598 times
Just start a Boeing bashing topic and people can vote.

People who don't fly
people who are not engineers
people who are not shareholders

Boeing = Me Too! (good mileage / big 'news' from the failures of others.)

I did give pause on my (2) Max 8 flights last night.

Reflect, say good-bye, take-off (not knowing when / if you will ever return.)

Kinda like 'Life'...

Airbus, or Boeing - take your chances (or use Russian or Chinese copies)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation