Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2014, 08:17 AM

4,454 posts, read 3,395,835 times

Advertisements

I like them all. The World Series is played in October while the College World Series is played June while little league World Series is played in August. What do you think is more exciting?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2014, 08:22 AM

5,251 posts, read 14,255,219 times
They are all the same. Neither is more exciting then the other.

Old 07-30-2014, 08:26 AM

4,512 posts, read 5,058,283 times
None of them, my idea of making MLB more interesting is two part:

1. As soon as a team scores a run, end of game !

2. Any team that isn't .500 or above at all-star break is done, finished stop playing and send the players home.

This would eliminate the long, boring games. There are too many teams ( 8 in each league worked for a long time) and every game is the same as the next. Baseball is getting real close to soccer for the "Most boring sport" title.

Old 07-30-2014, 08:45 AM

5,652 posts, read 6,990,994 times
My perception on this:
MLB: interesting if your team is involved.
Minors: interesting if you're following a specific prospect (or more than one)
College: interesting if your school is involved or you want to look at a specific player
Little League: interesting for the fun of it.

That's just me. I'm no longer involved in fantasy leagues, so on a pro level, if my team isn't playing, I'm unlikely to care or watch (applies to all sports).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodpete View Post
None of them, my idea of making MLB more interesting is two part:

1. As soon as a team scores a run, end of game !

2. Any team that isn't .500 or above at all-star break is done, finished stop playing and send the players home.

This would eliminate the long, boring games. There are too many teams ( 8 in each league worked for a long time) and every game is the same as the next. Baseball is getting real close to soccer for the "Most boring sport" title.
To each their own. I find the NFL incredibly more tedious to watch today than 15-20 years ago. Between the standing around, the TV timeouts, the ridiculous amounts of graphics and the absolutely stupidity of pre-game/post-game hosts shouting over each other (and who thought giving Gruden a mike was a good idea?) and all the showboating (really, you made a tackle while your team is down 24 points and you're dancing about it?) you can have today's NFL. I don't want it.

Old 07-30-2014, 09:45 AM

939 posts, read 795,969 times
MLB- the best against the best.

Old 07-30-2014, 10:36 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,862,321 times
The minor leagues are a different experience. More family/community orientated. It's usually a small town with not a lot of options on a friday night. So a night at the park becomes a real social event. It's fun and a refreshing change from the big leagues. College ball is similar.

Old 07-30-2014, 09:15 PM

5,985 posts, read 4,380,644 times
You failed to include tee-ball.

Old 07-31-2014, 02:28 PM

4,454 posts, read 3,395,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
You failed to include tee-ball.
T-ball does not have a catcher as baseball and softball and I ain't countin them but they are very similar though.

Old 07-31-2014, 07:06 PM

9,130 posts, read 20,021,316 times
MLB hands down. It is the top level, the highest stakes, the most widespread interest.

College baseball has a pitifully small following compared to other big college sports (football,basketball). So although the quality of ball is good, I would not for a minute claim it is more exciting. Nobody is noticing if it is.

Minors. Forget it. I live in Buffalo, a AAA city, and was a season ticket holder for years. Been to tons of games. It is fun baseball to watch, with prospects, veterans, etc. The thing is, everything is really there just for development purposes. The team's record and success are clearly secondary. This makes rooting for a team very frustrating, because even when the team is good, it does not really matter. It ultimately does not feel "competitive" and lacking that competitive nature makes it less exciting, even if it is fun to see.

LLWS, for whatever reason I have no interest at all.

Old 08-01-2014, 06:46 AM

5,718 posts, read 7,263,862 times
I enjoyed going to the Little League World Series with my dad when I was a kid. We'd go up for the week and watch all of the elimination games.

One year (1965, I think), Captain Keds made an appearance and flew around the field with his Bell JetPack.

I still watch some of the games and try to catch the championship game each year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball