Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 10:30 PM

2,500 posts, read 2,942,125 times

Advertisements

Another interesting memory of Phillies fans making the trip to a Mets home game... Last year, the Mets bozos decided to honor the 1986 team at Citi Field, so what would be the perfect day to do that? Why, of course, a game against the visiting Phillies. Did they think the growing number of fans who made the trip were going to give the '86 guys a standing ovation? And the Mets were so far out of it by then that they were drawing mostly curiousity seekers who wanted to see the new ballpark. So the die-hard fans weren't really there for the celebration, but a lot of very loud and VERY creative Phillies fans were.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2010, 11:32 PM

436 posts, read 957,346 times
I want to see what Hamels does up until the All-Star break before I make a judgment call. Same goes for Happy. Kendrick will get one more start and if he's a mess again, they're probably make a change until Blanton comes back. I was hoping Kendrick would finally get it together, but it doesn't look good. I don't even think you can send him to the BP, unless someone out there gets hurt.

Baez looks like ****. Contrares looks good so far. Madsen really disappointed yesterday... gotta lock down those innings. The game would be tied if he didn't give up runs.

While I don't like getting overly concerned early on, the Pen has me wondering... and concerned. I have real doubts with Lidge and Romero has totally broken down since getting off the juice.

Old 04-16-2010, 06:27 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,376,556 times
Ok, which one of you Phillie fans is Matthew Clemens (http://cbs3.com/local/Philadelphia.Phillies.Matthew.2.1636036.html - broken link)?

Old 04-16-2010, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Ok, which one of you Phillie fans is Matthew Clemens (http://cbs3.com/local/Philadelphia.Phillies.Matthew.2.1636036.html - broken link)?
I read that this morning and immediately forwarded it to everyone I know. You don't see a story like that one everyday.

Old 04-16-2010, 08:12 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,879,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post
Phillies fans have had a strong presence at Citi Field so far, just as they came out in big numbers the last few years at Shea.

I remember being at Shea for an early game in the final season, and I think it was Opening Day which was against the Phillies. I don't remember what kind of giveaway the Mets handed out that day, but it was something that was just the perfect shape and size for kicking around. There was a procession of Phillies fans in the concourse lined up to take their turn kicking the item as far as they could. I have to admit, I was laughing out loud at that. Nobody was swearing at anyone. Nobody was starting a fight with anyone else. Just a group of people who made the trip and got a little fired up. Nothing wrong with that at all.
For how much of a bad rep both fan bases get, I was at a Phils-Mets game around midseason in the last year of Shea, and there were no problems at all. A little friendly ball-busting here and there, but nothing bad or obscene. The worst I got was a Mets fan who had one too many to drink busting me on the way down the ramp after the game (the Mets won)...but it was all in good fun.

And likewise I've been to plenty of Phils-Mets games in Philly over the years and never witnessed anybody beating on anyone or cursing at Mets fans.

For how bad of a rap east coast fans get, I think there's more problems out west in places like LA with gangbangers at the games stabbing each other than there are in places like Philly, NY, Boston, etc.

Old 04-16-2010, 08:20 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,879,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
That's been one problem with the Phils' recent success....the games have been attracting more younger "fans" who have been showing up to the game more to get drunk than to watch baseball.

The weird thing is that most of the recent incidents at CBP have been "Phillies fan on Phillies fan" rather than abusing visiting fans.

People who pull crap like this should be banned from the ballpark for life. This particular clown should also do some hard jail time. The father has a lot of restraint, because I would have punched the drunken fool in the face.

Old 04-16-2010, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
For how bad of a rap east coast fans get, I think there's more problems out west in places like LA with gangbangers at the games stabbing each other than there are in places like Philly, NY, Boston, etc.
I was surprised when I found out that this was a fairly serious issue at Dodger Stadium. When I visited the stadium it really lived up to its reputation for being a laid back place where people show up late, leave early, and basically chill out in between. Honestly, there was something very peaceful about the place. Then I learned that not everything is as it seems throughout the ballpark. Again, I was very surprised by that.

Old 04-21-2010, 09:07 AM

3,770 posts, read 5,000,815 times
I'm constantly reminding myself the season is still early. We need Romero and Blanton back now.

Old 04-21-2010, 09:10 AM

897 posts, read 1,694,881 times
Phillies are going down,Bravos are taking the Division in Bobby's final Season!

Old 04-21-2010, 10:43 AM

3,770 posts, read 5,000,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David674UT View Post
Phillies are going down,Bravos are taking the Division in Bobby's final Season!
ANNNNNNNNT!!!!

Back to Back to Back pennants ..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball