Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2022, 08:38 AM

4,019 posts, read 2,377,112 times

Advertisements

I wanted to start trying to pick games before they start.

Wizards at Hornets-I'll take the Wizards. Hornets are awful especially since Ball isn't back yet.

Raptors at Nets- This is a toss up/potential dog fight. Picking the Nets at home.

Heat at Celtics-Celtics are the elite of the East at this point. I pick beantown in this one although the Heat could upset.

Lakers at Bucks- Too much Giannis. Bucks at home.

Nuggets at Hawks-Another toss-up/dog fight. I'll take the Nuggets.

Magic at Cavaliers- Too easy. Cavs.

76ers at Grizzlies- 76ers in upset since so far I've picked too many home winners.

Pelicans at Spurs- Hard to go against coach Pop at home but I'll take the "pretty little Pelicans."

Pacers at Jazz- Nice matchup/dogfight. Ok, Jazz at home.

Rockets at Suns- Rockets just are young pups that have a little dog bite to them. Alas, the Suns will neuter those young pups. The fuse will be snuffed out tonight.

Bulls at Warriors- After a long week, I will try to watch this late night (10 pm est) game. I like the Warriors but wouldn't be surprised if Bulls upset.

C'mon guys. I am going to try to do this for every game, every day so please join in hoop addicts!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2022, 01:44 PM

1,331 posts, read 2,635,148 times
My picks are: Wizards, Nets, Celtics, Bucks, Nuggets, Cavs, Grizz, Spurs, Jazz, Suns, Bulls (only because they beat Boston twice).

I'm only going to watch the Celtics game, but I'm more and more curious about the Bucks and what's the trend for GSW. ...

I keep thinking the Lakers have a roster that should dominate, but they somehow don't get it done.

Old 12-03-2022, 12:38 PM

7,460 posts, read 4,708,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet life View Post
Rockets at Suns- Rockets just are young pups that have a little dog bite to them. Alas, the Suns will neuter those young pups. The fuse will be snuffed out tonight.

C'mon guys. I am going to try to do this for every game, every day so please join in hoop addicts!
Alas, ths Suns re-lit the fuse of those young pups. Seriosly it was Gordon's and Matthews' 3s that got Rockets in the game last 2 minutes. Jalen Green is in a re-funk for 3 straight games now.

Old 12-03-2022, 12:40 PM

My picks are

Mavs, Kings, Bucks, Wolves, Magic, Warriors.

Old 12-03-2022, 01:45 PM

4,673 posts, read 3,872,002 times
Bucks are resting their big 3 (Giannis, Middleton, & Jrue) & Lopez is listed as questionable tonight.

Old 12-03-2022, 05:55 PM

30,202 posts, read 11,854,790 times
I going to do Sunday's games. I was going to do today's games but the Knicks game started at 11am local time. Messed me up, thought I had more time.

Nuggets - Pelicans. Two teams 14-8. Ingram is out so I will go with Denver

Suns - Spurs. The Suns bounce back with an easy win

Grizzlies - Pistons. Memphis. Seems like the Grizzlies should be better than they are, but they are only 2 games out of 1st in the west.

Celtics - Nets. I see the Celtics bouncing back and taking it out on the Nets.

Cavs - Knicks. Cavs. Dallas outscored the Knicks 41-15 in the 3rd today.

Bulls - Kings. Kings. The Kings are playing good ball.

Lakers - Wizards. AD plays and the Lakers will win. He is finally taking the torch away from LeBron. The Wizards are good.

Pacers - Blazers. No Lillard no win for the Blazers. The Pacers are another surprise team this season.

Last edited by Oklazona Bound; 12-03-2022 at 06:06 PM..

Old 12-03-2022, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yippeekayay View Post
My picks are

Mavs, Kings, Bucks, Wolves, Magic, Warriors.
Got 2 wrong. Thunder beat Wolves? Raptors beat Magic.

Old 12-04-2022, 08:19 AM

4,673 posts, read 3,872,002 times
Credit to you all picking.

NBA game picks are hard. Some teams just show up & they're on & shots are going in & it's their night regardless of how bad they normally are. Or you have good teams where they can't get in synch & nothing is flowing. Then you throw in load management & don't know which stars are resting.

Old 12-05-2022, 05:37 AM

Sorry, guys. Life happens and I couldn't make my picks this weekend. Just as well. My beloved Knicks are in a funk, again. Oh, my bad. Knicks beat the Cavs last night. I would have picked against the Knicks. Anyways, I'll get back on the stick. These games are hard to pick. Had many wrong including the the Lakers resurgence as of late.

Old 12-05-2022, 06:07 AM

Ok, back to being the Swami of city-data basketball thread. I believe in getting good picks is to pick a few upsets just like college bball March Madness.

12/5/22 picks:

Bucks at Magic - Bucks

Clippers at Hornets - Clippers

Thunder at Hawks - Thunder, upset special

Celtics at Raptors - Celtics, although wouldn't be surprised if Raps pull it out

Heat at Grizzlies - Grizzlies

Sixers at Rockets - Picking the Rockets even with the possibility of the return of Harden. Another upset special

Suns at Mavericks - Suns

Pacers at Warriors - Warriors
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball