Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2023, 03:00 AM

1,130 posts, read 469,407 times

Advertisements

Kobe had shaq, Michael had scottie. Lebron played with a bunch of scrubs in Cleveland before he went to Miami and teamed up with bosh and wade for 4 years, then went back to Cleveland and had kyrie and love for 4 years.

If ad and lebron is not traded next year, the duo would have played 5 years, 6 if lebron stays and bronny comes. When someone mention lebron in 20+ years, there has to be somewhat of a sidekick attached to him, or would it just be lebron by himself?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2023, 04:34 AM

30,275 posts, read 11,913,123 times
I would say Wade if you have to pick one. Since LeBron up to this point had his most success with him. But really since he has been on 4 different teams (twice with Cleveland) its not like MJ and Pippen who played most of their career together. I would say no sidekick.

But if you look at it. Lebron and KD. Probably the two most dominant players in the league the past 15 years (besides Curry) 35 seasons between them and only 6 titles. Chasing titles all over the league and coming up short a lot. Compare that to MJ or Magic or Russell. Who is KD's sidekick? I don't think he has one either.

Only player worthy of that is Curry and Thompson.

Last edited by Oklazona Bound; 04-05-2023 at 04:46 AM..

Old 04-05-2023, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I would say Wade if you have to pick one. Since LeBron up to this point had his most success with him. But really since he has been on 4 different teams (twice with Cleveland) its not like MJ and Pippen who played most of their career together. I would say no sidekick.
Yeah prime lebron was in miami. But ad is a better player than wade, ad had a shot of mvp this year when he put up monster numbers, wade never came close to even being considered mvp. I would also say no sidekick overall but then again he had alot of sidekicks. Mo williams doesnt count since he was barely an all star, being a reserve, for only 1 year.

Every great had a sidekick, bird had parish and mcchale, kareem had magic, malone had stockton, etc. Lebron moved around too much.

Old 04-05-2023, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by accord2008 View Post
Yeah prime lebron was in miami. But ad is a better player than wade, ad had a shot of mvp this year when he put up monster numbers, wade never came close to even being considered mvp. I would also say no sidekick overall but then again he had alot of sidekicks. Mo williams doesnt count since he was barely an all star, being a reserve, for only 1 year.

Every great had a sidekick, bird had parish and mcchale, kareem had magic, malone had stockton, etc. Lebron moved around too much.

Its the new NBA. Curry and the Warriors did it the right way. Before that it was Duncan and Kobe.

Old 04-05-2023, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Its the new NBA. Curry and the Warriors did it the right way. Before that it was Duncan and Kobe.
Yeah but the right way costs money. Golden state will pay through the roof for klay and steph as they age, draymond wanted the same treatment but i doubt it. They will have many loosing years while paying the luxury tax.

If lebron wins this year, and bronny comes to the lakers, which makes ad and bron play 6 years together, ad could be his sidekick when videos are played 20+ years from now, there will he enough clips here and there.

Old 04-05-2023, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Yeah but the right way costs money. Golden state will pay through the roof for klay and steph as they age, draymond wanted the same treatment but i doubt it. They will have many loosing years while paying the luxury tax.
A lot teams go through that. The Lakers with Kobe, Dirk in Dallas. Then you have the Bulls who quickly dismantled their dynasty expecting to do it all over again. And that did not work either. The Warriors tried to create that next group to take over. But its hard to find the next Curry, Thompson and Green. Hard enough to pull that off once.

Quote:
If lebron wins this year, and bronny comes to the lakers, which makes ad and bron play 6 years together, ad could be his sidekick when videos are played 20+ years from now, there will he enough clips here and there.
For the Lakers to have any shot of a deep run AD and Lebron have to play in all the games. That alone is a big if. They one year they could do that they won it all. Getting Bronny. That would be tough. Do the Lakers want to keep Lebron there past where he is worth a max salary just so he can play with Bronny? I don't know. Someone will. Great of Cleveland got him and Lebron went back there. Or the rumored Las Vegas franchise happens and Lebron goes there with Bronny. He is rumored to want to be an owner of that future franchise. There is also chatter of Lebron and Draymond Green going to Dallas to play with Kyrie and Luka. Who knows. Could Lebron play long enough to have Bronny as his side kick? That would be something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball