Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2023, 09:13 PM

1,124 posts, read 456,071 times

Advertisements

He just got 56 points, plus his finals numbers against the lakers a few years back, plus his all star selections. Even if he dont win a ring he now has enough to be in the hof. I always seen him as only a all star, never at the same level as kawhi.

The heat has no shot of the title even with oladipo and herro.

Not bad for the last pick of the first round, eith such low standards for hof he is 100% in.

Last edited by accord2008; 04-24-2023 at 09:24 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2023, 05:32 AM

7,416 posts, read 6,576,815 times
Jimmy Buckets was amazing last night and always….too bad Riley did little to support him this past season with more players with size—Bam, aka Bambi, is not a center and is outmatched when playing against those much bigger than him. Size does matter in the NBA. Anyways, great game and win. Kudos Jimmy.

Last edited by elchevere; 04-25-2023 at 05:44 AM..

Old 04-25-2023, 06:21 AM

30,198 posts, read 11,845,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by accord2008 View Post
He just got 56 points, plus his finals numbers against the lakers a few years back, plus his all star selections. Even if he dont win a ring he now has enough to be in the hof. I always seen him as only a all star, never at the same level as kawhi.

The heat has no shot of the title even with oladipo and herro.

Not bad for the last pick of the first round, eith such low standards for hof he is 100% in.
I agree he should be in the HOF. The heat have a shot at the title, a small one. Look at their run in 2020. They had injury issues and still made the finals and played the Lakers tough. When you have a guy who rises to the occasion like Butler anything is possible.

Old 04-25-2023, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I agree he should be in the HOF. The heat have a shot at the title, a small one. Look at their run in 2020. They had injury issues and still made the finals and played the Lakers tough. When you have a guy who rises to the occasion like Butler anything is possible.
Theres no shot now, herro might come back in finals, oladipo is out for season. Dont have enough to get past the eastern conference.

I do think they have a shot of beating the bucks one more time, it will require a monster game from butler again. They dont have anyone else that can create their own shot.

Last edited by accord2008; 04-25-2023 at 12:33 PM..

Old 04-25-2023, 12:45 PM

4,015 posts, read 2,372,974 times
Oladipo is out? Giannis has a bad back? Aww, ain't that a shame!(evil grin) Sounds like a paved road for the Knicks to get to the conference finals.

Old 04-25-2023, 01:14 PM

7,416 posts, read 6,576,815 times
Quote:
Theres no shot now, herro might come back in finals, oladipo is out for season. Dont have enough to get past the eastern conference.

I do think they have a shot of beating the bucks one more time, it will require a monster game from butler again. They dont have anyone else that can create their own shot.

I follow the Heat but if they win 1 more game vs. the Bucs I do not see them beating the Knicks in the next round.

Old 04-25-2023, 04:53 PM

Quote:

All things being equal I agree no chance. However things are not always equal. Toronto had no chance of beating GS until two of their 3 best players went down. Look Embiid, Giannas, Morant, Fox all have gotten hurt just in the first round. Injuries are the unknown. That is why I am saying they have a small shot.

Old 04-25-2023, 05:04 PM

Quote:
All things being equal I agree no chance. However things are not always equal. Toronto had no chance of beating GS until two of their 3 best players went down. Look Embiid, Giannas, Morant, Fox all have gotten hurt just in the first round. Injuries are the unknown. That is why I am saying they have a small shot.
Well kawhi had that lucky bounce, and kd, klay went down, but that was luck. Had kd not play that game and waited until the game after to play, he might have not rupture his Achilles, they might have won every game with him and get the chip. 48 extra hours of rest could have done it.

Miami cant get lucky for another 3 rounds where every team they face have their best player get injured. And this is on top of not having herro. It will be nice to see a 8th seed beat a 1st seed, but if they had all their players they have a small shot only if butler plays like a top 5 player in the nba this season. Dude shot 67.8% fg% on his 56 points, and the heat needed every 56 points from butler to beat Milwaukie. I dont think thats sustainable at all.

Old 04-25-2023, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Well kawhi had that lucky bounce, and kd, klay went down, but that was luck. Had kd not play that game and waited until the game after to play, he might have not rupture his Achilles, they might have won every game with him and get the chip. 48 extra hours of rest could have done it.

Miami cant get lucky for another 3 rounds where every team they face have their best player get injured. And this is on top of not having herro. It will be nice to see a 8th seed beat a 1st seed, but if they had all their players they have a small shot only if butler plays like a top 5 player in the nba this season. Dude shot 67.8% fg% on his 56 points, and the heat needed every 56 points from butler to beat Milwaukie. I dont think thats sustainable at all.
Toronto won 2 series due to luck. And the first two series they were the better team.

I am not disagreeing with you. You are saying their chances are zero. I am saying perhaps .2%. So 99.8% chance they won't win it all. That .2% meaning fluke injuries, luck and Jimmy Buckets being able to have 2 or so games a series where he is lights out. Back in 2020 he had two 40 point games where he shot more than 65% in each of them. And when he is red hot in the playoffs the heat tend to win. He is like MJ every once in a while. Saying all that. They may lose 3 straight to the Bucks. Much more likely that happens than Miami wins the next series against the Knicks if they make it that far.

Old 04-25-2023, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Toronto won 2 series due to luck. And the first two series they were the better team.

I am not disagreeing with you. You are saying their chances are zero. I am saying perhaps .2%. So 99.8% chance they won't win it all. That .2% meaning fluke injuries, luck and Jimmy Buckets being able to have 2 or so games a series where he is lights out. Back in 2020 he had two 40 point games where he shot more than 65% in each of them. And when he is red hot in the playoffs the heat tend to win. He is like MJ every once in a while. Saying all that. They may lose 3 straight to the Bucks. Much more likely that happens than Miami wins the next series against the Knicks if they make it that far.
Yeah. 0.2% is still a chance. Butler should have been an all star this year. Had he been on a team by himself without sharing the ball with bam and herro, he would have been an all star and average 26 ppg. That 56 point game is jordan like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball