Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2023, 12:50 PM

7,004 posts, read 11,298,847 times

Advertisements

Grant Williams and Poeltl are relatively affordable guys who can do yeoman's work against Jokic and should be targets for teams in the West. Williams annoys him by getting under him, into his space when he catches the ball in his spots and faces up. Poeltl is the rare modern player who doesn't give up size or strength to Jokic and can play him without fouling and make him work hard for his points.

Beal is a minus defender and an undersized SG. I guess Booker moves to point? I think the trade speaks to how little the Suns think of Paul at this point in his career.

At this point, what is about the max games KD will play in the regular season......55, maybe 60? Perhaps Beal will help keep the team scoring, and presumably winning some games, during KD's injury and rest times. Come playoffs, I guess the hope is to outscore people, and hope Ayton gets better. I wouldn't be surprised one bit if he plays with more fire and confidence with Paul gone, I have to imagine he was an easy target for Paul to bully. This is from a few seasons ago, but does anyone think the relationship ever got better?

“Me and Deandre Ayton was getting into it like hell to start the season,” Paul admitted, via Dana Scott of azcentral. “Because I’m hard on him and I ain’t no loser …

“My thing is you’ll find a way and that’s the hardest part for me because I always say this: Show me somebody that’s OK with losing and I’ll show you a loser. Like, for real, for real. I ain’t never gonna be cool with losing. Ever.”

https://clutchpoints.com/suns-news-c...-being-a-loser

So, it's great to want to win, but it's pretty obvious Paul is saying he tore into Ayton because he saw him as a "loser" and then told the media about it. Great teammate, lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2023, 01:02 PM

14,673 posts, read 14,635,860 times
Paul has been like that his entire career. It’s why his teams never go anywhere in the playoffs…he’s a whiner, petty, bad teammate and never takes responsibility for his own shortcomings.

Old 06-21-2023, 07:26 AM

3,835 posts, read 4,439,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Paul has been like that his entire career. It’s why his teams never go anywhere in the playoffs…he’s a whiner, petty, bad teammate and never takes responsibility for his own shortcomings.
To be fair in this instance, it's not like Paul was the only person to get into it with Ayton about his hustle/desire to win. I remember the coach had to be physically restrained from going after Ayton at some point in the last couple of years.

Old 06-21-2023, 08:05 AM

3,950 posts, read 2,342,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post
To be fair in this instance, it's not like Paul was the only person to get into it with Ayton about his hustle/desire to win. I remember the coach had to be physically restrained from going after Ayton at some point in the last couple of years.
I remember those instances which was surprising. Coach Williams, in general, is thought to be pretty laid back so that reflects plenty onto Ayton.

Old 06-23-2023, 10:37 AM

7,437 posts, read 4,676,648 times
I love the Suns getting Beal and Isiah Todd. Todd to me is diamond in the rough. He just needs playing time. He plays like Jabari Smith. A 3-and-D with length.

Old 06-23-2023, 10:48 AM

Decent size. He looks like a guy that can rebound and get hustle points. Could be a key bench piece if he keeps working.

Old 06-27-2023, 10:46 AM

Wow! Suns are scraping the bottom of the barrel to fill their roster. Jabari Parker? Stanley Johnson? Well Stan did well with the Lakers recently so at least he may give you some "D" and a few buckets. That means the starting 4 have to play 42 mins every night. Not good for KD or Beal.

https://nypost.com/2023/06/27/phoeni...anley-johnson/

When it comes to constructing a roster around a big three, beggars can’t be choosers. With the acquisition of Bradley Beal from the Washington Wizards, the Phoenix Suns have $162.2 million in cap space tied to four players and no draft picks for the next seven years. In a search for players to fill out the rest of the roster with major financial restrictions, the team is looking at former lottery picks in Jabari Parker and Stanley Johnson to supplement their stars. Phoenix will bring the former No. 2 pick from 2014 and the No. 8 pick back in 2015, along with others, for a free agent workout on Wednesday, according to Bleacher Report’s Chris Haynes.

The combination of Kevin Durant, Devin Booker, DeAndre Ayton and Bradley Beal takes up 75 percent of the cap alone, the largest portion of a team’s salary allotted to four players in the league – with the only other fully guaranteed contract on the team being forward Isaiah Todd at less than one percent of the cap. Finding serviceable players on cheap deals will certainly be a challenge for the Suns going forward. Phoenix will almost exclusively look for players to sign at the veteran’s minimum, at around $2 million depending on the amount of years played in the league. Outside of that, the only possible way the team would be able to find genuine starter and rotation level talent would be trading Ayton, their former No. 1 overall pick. Ayton currently has three years left on his four-year, $133 million contact extension.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball