Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge
 [Register]
Baton Rouge Metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2013, 04:59 PM

482 posts, read 801,152 times

Advertisements

I am thinking about relocating here, or New Orleans from Memphis. And I was wondering is there any available jobs, that I can get in either city (or town. Sometimes I get the two confused) nice affordable places to live (I am small, and petite, please do not send me to a hood area, that I know nothing about. I had enough hoodness in Memphis that will last me a life time.) nice strip clubs, that do not have fat, or extremely thick chicks swinging from the pole. And basically all the fun, and awesome places to go

And maybe somemod cutpeople can mention ho are the racial tensions are in this state? In Memphis it's pretty evident, and whites in power tend to get away with a lot of ****,and sometimes the blacks are to damn lenient about it.I hope that's not the case here in LA?

Last edited by Sam I Am; 06-25-2013 at 03:16 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2013, 08:28 PM

209 posts, read 460,806 times
In Louisiana, you feel much better about racial problem. Do not worry about it.

If relocating to BR or New Orleans, I strongly recommend secure a job first rather than moving here and find job later.
Generally speaking, BR or NOLA job market maybe a little bit better because of oil and gas industry here. However, it is not as well as New York that you can move to there first and finding some amazing jobs in NYC. For BR, it may need sometime to get a job. It will be great that getting a nice offer first, then quite the old job and relocate to here.

Good Luck.

Old 06-20-2013, 05:31 AM

494 posts, read 1,611,768 times
Race relations here are really not that bad, and I'm speaking as someone who is a minority. Now, I'm not saying bad apples don't exist, because they do, but honestly you'll be totally fine with regards to race in either NO or BR. NO especially.

Old 06-20-2013, 09:07 AM

1,837 posts, read 4,361,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southseeker View Post
Race relations here are really not that bad, and I'm speaking as someone who is a minority. Now, I'm not saying bad apples don't exist, because they do, but honestly you'll be totally fine with regards to race in either NO or BR. NO especially.
Absolutely correct .

Old 09-05-2014, 06:44 PM

1 posts, read 1,320 times
Default Ha

Quote:
That is lie to say racial issues are not a problem in BR i have lived here for 4 years and i am mixed and i see more racism here than any place i have been it is horrible down here

Old 09-05-2014, 08:36 PM

16,510 posts, read 26,385,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shand225 View Post
That is lie to say racial issues are not a problem in BR i have lived here for 4 years and i am mixed and i see more racism here than any place i have been it is horrible down here
Where have you been exactly?

Old 09-09-2014, 11:12 AM

712 posts, read 1,096,419 times
Quote:
Can you give examples of what you've seen in BR and where at in BR you saw it? In the 11 years that I was in BR, I saw very few examples, probably about the same amount as you would see elsewhere in a majority of the US. And this was while attending LSU, working at majority white jobs, and playing sports in majority white rec leagues.

I'm interested in finding out what you've experienced

Old 09-12-2014, 02:00 PM

680 posts, read 1,037,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rural City Gal View Post
And maybe somemod cutpeople can mention ho are the racial tensions are in this state? In Memphis it's pretty evident, and whites in power tend to get away with a lot of ****,and sometimes the blacks are to damn lenient about it.I hope that's not the case here in LA?
I think you should stay north of Florida Blvd.

Old 09-12-2014, 02:02 PM

680 posts, read 1,037,282 times
Quote:
This. Race relations in south Louisiana (at least outside of the Florida parishes) are actually not bad at all.

I never once had a problem with this in Baton Rouge or New Orleans.

Quote:
You seem unhappy. Perhaps you should be unhappy somewhere else.

Old 09-14-2014, 01:15 PM

20 posts, read 34,501 times
Is there racism? Yes, but there is racism everywhere in the south (and America...look at Ferguson). It is not too bad here in BR or NOLA. BR has a black mayor and the majority of the population is black. The only racism is really by stuffy white rich folks and even then it is not bad.

You have to remember that Louisiana's relationship with racism is not like other states, even in the Antebellum period we were not as racist as other southern states. On the whole Louisiana is a really accepting and progressive Southern state that has maintained its personality and culture through out it all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge