Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 12:16 PM

1,569 posts, read 3,288,784 times

Advertisements

My 73-year-old "suburban" Irondale-dwelling mom tells me she loves going to the Edge theater. So somehow that merchant and/or shopping center operator has managed to make that theater appealing to a variety of folks: Crestwood hipsters, whatever "urban" folks go there, and my little mom. Heck, not everybody wants the hassle of driving to the Summit just to see a movie (excellent caramel corn notwithstanding). Does the Edge theater not get the big groups of teens? Or are they just well-supervised there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2013, 04:08 PM

2,098 posts, read 2,168,747 times
around Region Field.....

another beer brewing company is locating there
3 new apartment complexs are in the works
alabama power company just purchased a block for about 2.9 million (what they gone do with it still undetermine)
2 new restuarant are in the works

Old 01-11-2013, 04:43 PM

178 posts, read 334,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakabedy View Post
Does the Edge theater not get the big groups of teens? Or are they just well-supervised there?
Every theater gets the occasional unruly bunch the trick is to untangle that reality from people's racial issues. Once it becomes an "urban" thing people lose their minds

Old 01-11-2013, 05:05 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
Okay, peeps. Let's keep things positive here.

Old 01-11-2013, 09:49 PM

1,569 posts, read 3,288,784 times
Sorry if my post was taken as negative. Not meant to be. My closest theater is the AmStar in Alabaster. The groups of teens around there on weekend nights are unruly, too. Unruly knows no longitude or latitude.

Old 01-22-2013, 06:16 PM

178 posts, read 334,593 times
Default Railroad Park Land Sale Goes Ahead

Here's little proof I do have other speeds besides scold

Quote:
The Birmingham City Council today approved the $3.1 million sale of city-owned land to make way for a planned apartment development near the new baseball stadium and Railroad Park.
Birmingham City Council approves land sale for $33 million complex near park, ballpark | al.com

That has the potential to be one beautiful neighborhood.

Old 02-04-2013, 02:36 PM

30 posts, read 75,466 times
You are correct, the Inland development will NOT encroach on the Railroad Park boundaries. They are leveraging off its success as well as that of the future sucess of the Barons Baseball Stadium.

Don't forget about the new loft projects:

Mark Elgin, investors to put apartments in Booker T. Washington Insurance Co. building - Birmingham Business Journal

and

Mark Elgin, investors to put apartments in Booker T. Washington Insurance Co. building - Birmingham Business Journal

In the next 24 months there is an estimated 1500 new residential units coming into the Mt Brook Hwy 280 to Downtown boundaries which represents some of the best living in the city!

I am pumped!

Old 02-05-2013, 06:51 AM

178 posts, read 370,627 times
Apartments are such a lucrative business. For their current owners and their future generations. If I had the money, I'd build one right here on 280 and make sure its kept well. One of the main reasons is, in a way, I pity myself and others who have to put up with such substandard apartments that already exist around on 280.

>In the next 24 months there is an estimated 1500 new residential units coming into the Mt Brook Hwy 280 to Downtown boundaries which represents some of the best living in the city!
Do you know if they are looking for passive investors ? Or do you know around where on 280 are these coming up ?

Last edited by happybuddha; 02-05-2013 at 06:52 AM.. Reason: question added

Old 02-05-2013, 11:03 PM

522 posts, read 846,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakabedy View Post
My 73-year-old "suburban" Irondale-dwelling mom tells me she loves going to the Edge theater. So somehow that merchant and/or shopping center operator has managed to make that theater appealing to a variety of folks: Crestwood hipsters, whatever "urban" folks go there, and my little mom. Heck, not everybody wants the hassle of driving to the Summit just to see a movie (excellent caramel corn notwithstanding). Does the Edge theater not get the big groups of teens? Or are they just well-supervised there?
The times that I've seen a movie at the Edge, it was after dinner at Olive Garden one night, and everyone there seemed to have a mind to behave properly. They unfortunately did not serve beer then, but I must get back over for a visit. Do they show Indy films there?

Old 02-09-2013, 11:28 AM

30 posts, read 75,466 times
The old Mt Brook Inn lot .... so it would be Mt Brook zoned apartments... in addition to Lane Park, you would have over 600 + units added to the Mt Brook 280 zone..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area