Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 02:29 PM

522 posts, read 847,689 times

Advertisements

Birmingham has many successes to be proud of of like...

- Birmingham is good for women!
Bham leads the pack for women's pay, but Alabama still unattractive as a whole - Birmingham Business Journal

-I love The J. Clyde!
The J. Clyde named one of the best beer bars in the country - Birmingham Business Journal

-Wish Frank Stitt luck, for his flagship restaurant!
Highlands Bar and Grill named Beard Award finalist once again - Birmingham Business Journal
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2015, 02:49 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,784,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhamguy View Post
Hope they win. To be named the nation's top restaurant, even if for just one year would be a tremendous honor. He's already a made man per se, but that would seal him as hall of fame status for good with an honor like that.

Old 03-25-2015, 07:40 AM

4,739 posts, read 10,448,507 times
I love The J. Clyde.

They're very kind to us here in Huntsville - they bring the fire truck (mobile taproom) up for Rocket City Brewfest and run the siren at closing which not only adds to the experience but also helps clear out guests.

Old 07-24-2015, 10:09 AM

Default National IT Conference coming to town!

National IT conference coming to Birmingham in October - Birmingham Business Journal

This is the wave of the future, and I hope that this will bring more positives to Birmingham...in addition, to giving us newer outlets for new growth.

Old 05-09-2018, 08:53 AM

Good job UAB Hospital!

UAB - News - UAB Hospital again named one of America

Old 05-09-2018, 09:02 AM

377 posts, read 341,583 times
Another good ranking for UAB! According to the article it is the only Alabama hospital listed in its top 100 and noted as the best hospital in the state. It is still building on its reputation as a very good hospital and research center and I think it's best years are ahead of it.

Old 05-09-2018, 09:35 AM

2,449 posts, read 2,238,265 times
Might as well add this one here too:

Highlands Bar and Grill named Most Outstanding Restaurant in America at James Beard Awards:

https://www.al.com/entertainment/ind...and_grill.html

Also, Dolester Miles named Most Outstanding Pastry Chef.

Old 05-10-2018, 09:43 AM

2,580 posts, read 2,487,902 times
https://www.al.com/news/birmingham/i...rt_river_index

It appears the demand and population for the addition of an organic grocer will yield even more induced demand across the urban core aka City Center areas. I am aware of a possible data center for the vacant Trinity Steel site, so more knowledge-based jobs are going to be on the way for the City.

Also keep an eye on the all of the former industrial properties surrounding Sloss Furnaces in the northern part of Lakeview and the eastern part of the Central City neighborhoods. These will be site of mixed use in the short and long term.

Old 05-10-2018, 12:08 PM

2,580 posts, read 2,487,902 times
https://www.bizjournals.com/birmingh...tions-top.html

Quote:
Now that it officially has the nation's top restaurant, Birmingham should make a play to host Top Chef
By Ty West – Editor-in-Chief, Birmingham Business Journal

On the heels of Stitt’s landmark restaurant being named the nation’s best, I don’t think the timing will ever be better for Birmingham to mount a full-court press to bring “Top Chef” to town.

The impact of luring the production to the Magic City could be huge for both our culinary scene and our tourism industry.

In case you’re unfamiliar with “Top Chef,” the series is a reality cooking competition often featuring both up-and-coming and established culinary stars.

It’s broadcast on Bravo and the season format would give Birmingham weeks of exposure to food and travel lovers. Not to mention it would also bring a host of culinary stars to the Magic City as judges.

Moreover, Birmingham would serve as a backdrop for the competition, giving our city a chance to share its unique culinary story and heritage with a wide audience.

And we have a particularly compelling story to tell.
Hmmm... would it be impossible for Birmingham to host a season of the Bravo hit show, "Top Chef"? It might not be after all. It would definitely assist in the tourism and economic development. Also it would also draw attention to television and film industry in Birmingham via the Create Birmingham and Film Birmingham initiatives. This is would be a great thing, indeed.

Old 05-10-2018, 12:50 PM

1,717 posts, read 1,990,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jero23 View Post
https://www.bizjournals.com/birmingh...tions-top.html

Hmmm... would it be impossible for Birmingham to host a season of the Bravo hit show, "Top Chef"? It might not be after all. It would definitely assist in the tourism and economic development. Also it would also draw attention to television and film industry in Birmingham via the Create Birmingham and Film Birmingham initiatives. This is would be a great thing, indeed.
Dude the culinary scene in B'ham is already blowing up. Droves of folks are moving here from NYC. I would almost expect something like this in the near future.

Now, personally, I'm not that high on the local culinary scene, but I'm not into the foodie stuff. Either way, I say go with it, if the notoriety is already there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area