Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2019, 05:56 PM

910 posts, read 835,352 times

Advertisements

This thing may actually turn out to be pretty cool for downtown Birmingham!

https://alabamanewscenter.com/2019/0...come-together/

What do you guys think should be featured at CityWalk BHAM?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2019, 06:37 PM

2,099 posts, read 2,170,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotLuv4Bham View Post
This thing may actually turn out to be pretty cool for downtown Birmingham!

https://alabamanewscenter.com/2019/0...come-together/

What do you guys think should be featured at CityWalk BHAM?
Besides the park itself, which will be super, because even tho the state has to do this with the city, the federal government bascially told the state this has to be a highly creative project for birmingham. It was in the contract when alabama was securing federal dollars for the rebuilt.

But the amount of lights that's going to be on top, the side, and underneath the new bridge are going to be insane. The entire stretch from RME interchange to the junction....amazing lighting...

Old 09-06-2019, 07:23 PM

Wow! So, CityWalk BHAM has the potential to do for Uptown what Railroad Park did for Parkside?

Old 09-06-2019, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotLuv4Bham View Post
Wow! So, CityWalk BHAM has the potential to do for Uptown what Railroad Park did for Parkside?
RR Park...2

Old 09-07-2019, 06:32 AM

A 10 block green space will be huge for downtown Birmingham!

Old 09-24-2019, 02:06 PM

2,580 posts, read 2,486,703 times
Quote:
Upcoming Event
The Alabama Department of Transportation (ALDOT) invites you to attend the presentation of the proposed design of the Public Space under the I-59/20 Bridges between 15th Street North and 25th Street North. The meeting will have an Open-House format which will include an informal discussion with representatives from ALDOT and the design consultants.

Where
BOUTWELL MUNICIPAL AUDITORIUM – EXHIBITION HALL
1930 Reverend Abraham Woods, Jr. Blvd

Birmingham, AL 35203

When
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 24, 2019
Session 1 – 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM

Session 2 – 4:00 PM to 7:00 PM
https://citywalkbham.com/

There is an opportunity to see and give your input on the Citywalk BHAM project from 4-7PM today. The meetings are going to be held at the Boutwell Auditorium.

Old 09-24-2019, 02:44 PM

450 posts, read 336,480 times
I hope they'll make the end of the park closest to Protective Stadium primarily a grassy tailgating area. Right now most of that space is consumed by a water feature. Given the lack of other tailgating options near the stadium I think it would be better for the eastern end to be 100% grass. Other than that, the project looks great.

Old 09-24-2019, 03:23 PM

346 posts, read 265,392 times
Maybe I'm wrong and a recession soon messes everything up... But I feel really good about where the city is headed. I think Protective Stadium, CityWalk, and BJCC renovations on the North Side and developments like Vesta, Omni, all the Parkside apartments, and the redevelopment of Southtown are going to have a lot of ripple effects throughout the city center. If we could just land one decent sized HQ or something to fill the Brown-Marx / Liberty National buildings, I would feel ever better.

Old 09-24-2019, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhamblazer View Post
I hope they'll make the end of the park closest to Protective Stadium primarily a grassy tailgating area. Right now most of that space is consumed by a water feature. Given the lack of other tailgating options near the stadium I think it would be better for the eastern end to be 100% grass. Other than that, the project looks great.
It's was going to be a concern from the start. But in order to have solutions, let's build it first and adjust as need be. Even if UAB had a on campus facility, ample area around it to tailgate would still be a problem. This is a school and stadium that sits on city blocks streets in the heart of the city. It's not like college town schools were the schools are a distant from the inner core of that specific town. You can't just knock down things just for space for a particular thing. I assume any street within a mile radius of uptown will be blocked off so they can be used to tailgate. The rooftop at uptown can be used. Let's go though a trial run the first year and and make adjustment for the next years to come.

Old 09-24-2019, 09:56 PM

2,448 posts, read 2,233,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magiccity3 View Post
Maybe I'm wrong and a recession soon messes everything up... But I feel really good about where the city is headed. I think Protective Stadium, CityWalk, and BJCC renovations on the North Side and developments like Vesta, Omni, all the Parkside apartments, and the redevelopment of Southtown are going to have a lot of ripple effects throughout the city center. If we could just land one decent sized HQ or something to fill the Brown-Marx / Liberty National buildings, I would feel ever better.
what is omni?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area