Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2020, 11:43 AM

666 posts, read 517,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseRohr View Post
My main office is where my business partner is, Austin. Delta just made AUS a focus city (complete with gorgeous new SkyClub) so I am hoping for the possibility of a non-stop.

My wish list on DL metal is as follows:
BHM - MSP (really hard to get to small midwestern cities without double connect)
BHM - SLC (really hard to get to small western cities without double connect)
BHM - CVG or IND
BHM - JFK (the LGA - JFK shuttle is a joke)
BHM - BOS
BHM - SEA

Wish list on any metal (frequent flyer lingo for airline):
BHM - LAX (how on earth do we not have a direct west coast flight??)
BHM - SFO
BHM - MSY (return of)
Good wish list, but it's all about volume and demand.

I'm surprised that Shipt hasn't caused at least one direct to MSP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2020, 12:31 PM

1,717 posts, read 1,990,529 times
Frontier is not a good airline in my opinion. All these low cost carriers are low cost for a reason.

American, Delta, United for me. Maybe Southwest on a clear day. I don't care if I have to connect.

Old 01-06-2020, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelenakry View Post
Can I contact Administration?
I'ts important.
Regards.
Huh?

Old 01-06-2020, 02:20 PM

346 posts, read 265,958 times
Frontier Airlines terminates service at BHM:

https://www.bizjournals.com/birmingh..._news_headline

Pretty disappointing, but I'm not that surprised. Their product, customer service, etc. were all pretty trash. Low prices only go so far when there are still other options (United to DEN in this case).

Old 01-06-2020, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magiccity3 View Post
Frontier Airlines terminates service at BHM:

https://www.bizjournals.com/birmingh..._news_headline

Pretty disappointing, but I'm not that surprised. Their product, customer service, etc. were all pretty trash. Low prices only go so far when there are still other options (United to DEN in this case).
They're not leaving because their product is trash. They're leaving because of lack of demand. Which is kinda surprising considering airport traffic has been increasing steadily I believe. I guess other carriers just out-shined them making them and their less than decent product less appealing. So yeah it's probably heavily related to their bad product too.

They probably 80/20'd their operations and BHM fell into the 20.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area