Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2020, 11:25 AM

33 posts, read 17,948 times

Advertisements

We moved to Minnesota to be near my husbands parents.
They are both gone now. Our intent all along was to move back home to Idaho.

This will be our third attempt to move back. The other times were cancelled due to family issues, but now the kids are all grown and have their own families.

One of our daughters has already moved back to Boise with her three kids, and my Dad is in a nursing home in Bend, Oregon.

Our timeline was to put the house on the market the first week in April. The housing market has been good here due to the fact that there is a shortage of housing in Rochester (50 miles away) and the expansion of the Mayo Clinic. We also have three colleges in town. So, depending on this whole outcome with the Coronavirus, we have to wait and see.

I can tell you, the minute we can put this house on the market and there's no more virus threat, we're outta here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman427 View Post
Just how strong on the richter scale was that quake in 1983 and the epic center?
Just curious, what made you move to Minnesota and now you want to move back to Boise?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2020, 12:00 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,201,833 times
How many underground tunnels are in that area?

Old 04-02-2020, 12:21 PM

1,539 posts, read 1,477,582 times
FWIW.... yesterdays quake was not that close to Challis.. so I am not sure why it is bering rpoerted as such. Tt was about 50 miles west of Challis as the crow flies, NW of Stanley, the Sawtooths, and Redfish Lake.

Old 04-02-2020, 12:22 PM

4,344 posts, read 2,238,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nm9stheham View Post
FWIW.... yesterdays quake was not that close to Challis.. so I am not sure why it is bering rpoerted as such. Tt was about 50 miles west of Challis as the crow flies, NW of Stanley, the Sawtooths, and Redfish Lake.
Because that is what the USGS site was reporting.

Don't ask me why they picked Challis, but that is what the site said.

Old 04-02-2020, 04:10 PM

1,539 posts, read 1,477,582 times
Yeah, and I noticed today that the aftershocks were being listed in distance relative to Challis, Idaho City, and Cascade. So the 'location' is probably relative to the closest town with over 500 people or something like that. I guess Stanley just does not rate with its population of 67 LOL

Old 04-02-2020, 05:13 PM

1,764 posts, read 1,160,603 times
California's getting so bad, even the earthquakes are moving to Idaho.

Old 04-02-2020, 09:01 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,896,703 times
I still have it 30 miles from Challis, but whatever it is, any point in Idaho 30-50 miles is probably considered close!

Old 04-02-2020, 11:33 PM

5,587 posts, read 5,027,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leeholee View Post
california's getting so bad, even the earthquakes are moving to idaho.
:d

Old 04-02-2020, 11:34 PM

5,587 posts, read 5,027,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartForIdaho View Post
We moved to Minnesota to be near my husbands parents.
They are both gone now. Our intent all along was to move back home to Idaho.

This will be our third attempt to move back. The other times were cancelled due to family issues, but now the kids are all grown and have their own families.

One of our daughters has already moved back to Boise with her three kids, and my Dad is in a nursing home in Bend, Oregon.

Our timeline was to put the house on the market the first week in April. The housing market has been good here due to the fact that there is a shortage of housing in Rochester (50 miles away) and the expansion of the Mayo Clinic. We also have three colleges in town. So, depending on this whole outcome with the Coronavirus, we have to wait and see.

I can tell you, the minute we can put this house on the market and there's no more virus threat, we're outta here.
Thanks for the info
Good luck and be safe.

Old 04-04-2020, 09:05 AM

99 posts, read 56,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeHoLee View Post
California's getting so bad, even the earthquakes are moving to Idaho.

That's a good one! I gotta 'member that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area