Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 10:59 AM

6,172 posts, read 4,553,360 times

Advertisements

Years ago, I read, on a recommendation, a novel titled No Lesser Plea by Robert K. Tananbaum, and it was very good. The author was supposed to have worked with the DA's office, had his picture on the flyleaf, blah blah. I followed the series for years over a bunch of novels until I picked one up that was so obviously not written by the same person that I did a little digging - and what I found was that not only was he not the author of the current novel, neither had he been the author of any of the preceding novels. So the writer I had been following and enjoying was a writer, not a "name" and now I'm very cynical of authors with a following.

The same happened with a Florida author (not Hiaasen, can't remember), whose books I ate up over a decade or more, until I picked up with one that I knew was not the same author. By then I didn't care who wrote the first 10 or so, but I knew they had moved on and I never read another with that "author's" name on it.

Scott Turow.

I've also read the above: those double author things and I don't care who did the work, I'm not interested.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books