Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 04:10 PM

1 posts, read 15,855 times

Advertisements

UMMMMMMMMMMMM.................HI EVERYONE I READ EVERYONEZ COMENTZ AND I LIVED IN MATTAPAN ALL MY LIFE AND ITZ NOT THE BAD BUT ROXBURY IS SO I RECOMMEND DONT MOVE THERE just because it was rated #2 most dangrous city of the year dosent mean anything
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2011, 09:27 PM

5 posts, read 24,441 times
Stay away from Roxbury Dorchester and mattapan. I live in Lawrence which has a bad rep but also stay away from Charlestown, right near the junction of I-93 and US route 1. west roxbury is a very nice area and looks like a nice suburb. There are also some suburbs to stay away from such as Medford - city with the most mafia members, revere is a lil bit raw, Everett is tough, Somerville Chelsea and Malden are also tough. Worst place in ma is Springfield by far. The town portrays Charlestown negatively, but some of it's true and exaggerated

Last edited by Pacolopez; 07-21-2011 at 09:29 PM.. Reason: Forgot so

Old 07-24-2011, 07:32 PM

1,348 posts, read 3,098,126 times
[quote=Pacolopez;20123604]Stay away from Roxbury Dorchester and mattapan. I live in Lawrence which has a bad rep but also stay away from Charlestown, right near the junction of I-93 and US route 1. west roxbury is a very nice area and looks like a nice suburb. There are also some suburbs to stay away from such as Medford - city with the most mafia members, revere is a lil bit raw, Everett is tough, Somerville Chelsea and Malden are also tough. Worst place in ma is Springfield by far. The town portrays Charlestown negatively, but some of it's true and exaggerated[/qu

You think Springfield is the worst place in Mass????? Have you ever been to Springfield? Just like certain neighborhoods in Boston ie Roxbury ,Dotcity ,Mattapan that have tough parts, so does Springfield.
But Springfield also has some very nice parts and some very nice suburbs to go along with it. But is it really fair to compare Boston and it's metro of 6 million to Springfield and it's metro of 700k.

Old 07-24-2011, 08:55 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,677,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by western mass and love it View Post
You think Springfield is the worst place in Mass????? Have you ever been to Springfield? Just like certain neighborhoods in Boston ie Roxbury ,Dotcity ,Mattapan that have tough parts, so does Springfield.
But Springfield also has some very nice parts and some very nice suburbs to go along with it. But is it really fair to compare Boston and it's metro of 6 million to Springfield and it's metro of 700k.

I think it was funny coming from someone who lives in Lawrence lol.

Lawrence IS the worst place in Mass.

Old 07-25-2011, 12:19 AM

5,816 posts, read 15,910,204 times
You really don't like Lawrence, do you Kick? Okay, well, granted that Lawrence for the most part is not exactly a garden spot.

I think Western Mass makes a good point about Springfield, which could apply to most places mentioned on this thread. Generally an entire city, or large section of a city, like Dorchester, Roxbury, etc., will not be all one huge ghetto. You really have to take it down to the level of the neighborhoods within these areas--sometimes even particular streets--to identify the areas you want to stay away from.

Old 07-25-2011, 09:59 PM

16 posts, read 59,212 times
I would NEVER include East Boston in the same sentence as Roxbury as far as crime is concerned. It has its rough parts (especially around the Maverick Square subway station), but I've never thought of it -- nor ever known anyone to think of it -- as one of the tougher parts of Boston. And Orient Heights, on the opposite side of East Boston from Maverick, has areas that feel very suburban, and its geography doesn't connect very well with Maverick at all.

Old 02-12-2012, 09:45 PM

1 posts, read 14,728 times
Hi, Revere,MA or Quincy,MA which is a safe city to live in?Which of the two cities is cheaper to live in?In terms of movement by train which is better?Which is better and fun filled to live in i.e nice,safe places to go like park,the beache, etc.

Whats the best places,safe places,relatively cheap to live in(both in revere,in quincy)?

Which do u suggest i live in Revere/Quincy and Why? Honest replies pls

Need honest replies pls.Thx.

Old 02-12-2012, 10:47 PM

97 posts, read 190,597 times
Revere has tough elements to it, Quincy is safer, but both have bad spots though.

Be particularly careful around the Revere Beach Station area, other than that, Revere isn't too bad.

Quincy can be very hit or miss.

Given the choice of Revere or Quincy, I choose Quincy, but that is just me though. Better transportation and not as "heads up" as Revere, but both are working class cities.

Old 02-12-2012, 10:48 PM

97 posts, read 190,597 times
East Boston is mostly safe, but you really need to be careful around the Maverick Square area though.

Old 02-13-2012, 10:58 AM

332 posts, read 1,018,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacolopez View Post
There are also some suburbs to stay away from such as Medford - city with the most mafia members, revere is a lil bit raw, Everett is tough, Somerville Chelsea and Malden are also tough. Worst place in ma is Springfield by far. The town portrays Charlestown negatively, but some of it's true and exaggerated
What the h3ll, have you ever been to these places or are ou just reading stuff of the internet??
Born and raised in malden, for the most part it is not tough. Everett definitely isnt, somerville has a few bad parts, chelsea is. Medford?? It is better than all the rest. And i cannot believe that somebody from lawrence could say that springfield is worse, i just cannot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston