Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2013, 05:31 PM

10,014 posts, read 15,659,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterno View Post
That means the city is old everything is old

Construction is extremely expensive due to regulations forcing every builder to employ Union members.

In Houston, you can pick up any noncitizen on certain streets and pay them 1/6th of what you would pay in Boston maybe less.

The living standards in Houston is like 50 years ahead of Boston.

As I said, Boston is a disgrace to this nation.
Pick up any "noncitizen"? No thanks, I don't hire illegals.

Boston may not have been right for you, but I doubt it's the worst place a person could choose to live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2013, 05:49 PM

5,792 posts, read 5,104,962 times
"I was gonna ask "complain about what?" but the way he looked at me with those Irish eyes, I knew I should go. He even pointed with this fingers the T station direction."....

This has got to be the worst attempt at amateur fiction writing that I have ever read...I don't know if I should laugh or cry but it's pathetic. Epic fail, Misterno!

Old 02-19-2013, 07:23 PM

3,755 posts, read 4,800,357 times
Quote:
MOved from Boston to Houston 10 years ago

I wish I have never seen Boston

Boston must be the worst city in US in every avenue you can think of

except schools

Boston is a disgrace to a country like US. The whole city is like they live in 1st world war era.
Glad you like Houston. If you have such disdain for Boston, why spend the time coming into the Boston section and trashing the city?

Old 02-19-2013, 07:23 PM

8,543 posts, read 14,020,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
"I was gonna ask "complain about what?" but the way he looked at me with those Irish eyes, I knew I should go. He even pointed with this fingers the T station direction."....

This has got to be the worst attempt at amateur fiction writing that I have ever read...I don't know if I should laugh or cry but it's pathetic. Epic fail, Misterno!
You could tell this guy was an amateur fiction writer when he right off the bat wrote that living in Houston is better than living in Boston. I've been to Houston and I wouldn't even say it's a nice place to visit let alone live.

Old 02-19-2013, 09:10 PM

974 posts, read 1,898,196 times
Quote:

In Houston, you can pick up any noncitizen on certain streets and pay them 1/6th of what you would pay in Boston maybe less.
In Boston, we call picking up a "noncitizen" on certain streets prostitution which contributes to the widespread human trafficking of women and children. And because we Bostonians have 1st world war morals, picking up "noncitizen"(s) is illegal.

It's good to know human trafficking is not only legal and commonplace but it is cheaper in Houston. Nothing like degrading the quality of life for people in Houston who now have 1/6th -- or maybe less -- than nothing.

Yeah, I know you're alluding to undocumented construction workers but you should've been clearer in your argument.

Old 02-19-2013, 10:01 PM

643 posts, read 1,037,742 times
Houston is the only place where I have seen dirty baby diapers being chucked on the highway in rush hour traffic.

Old 02-20-2013, 12:46 PM

11,052 posts, read 12,445,509 times
We're talking about Boston, MA, right? There's not another one out there somewhere, is there?

My experiences have been totally different than some of the posters' on this thread. Mostly pretty positive!

Old 02-20-2013, 05:37 PM

5,792 posts, read 5,104,962 times
I dont see the point of an argument based on subjective likes and dislikes. It's a pointless discussion. I hope those who hate Boston have a great life somewhere else. As for me, I would just die if I had to live anywhere in Texas...this is why I don't live in Texas.

Old 02-20-2013, 07:31 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,906,713 times
Quote:
That means the city is old everything is old

Construction is extremely expensive due to regulations forcing every builder to employ Union members.

The living standards in Houston is like 50 years ahead of Boston.

As I said, Boston is a disgrace to this nation.

Actually what you want is World War I era. I highly doubt you were educated in one of our fine institutions.

Everything in Boston is old. Have you ever been to Europe? Everything there is older. Do you just think we should bulldoze entire cities every 50 years to build new cookie cutter buildings?

Old 02-20-2013, 07:43 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,906,713 times
Quote:
How is Newton racist? Let's explain by giving an example

20 years ago when I first arrived to Boston, I heard alot about Newton so wanted to pay a visit. Don't remember which T station I got off, but I got off the train and started walking on the street. It was a residential neighborhood, typical houses and cars, it was summer, sun was shining and weather was beautiful.

I was just walking on the sidewalk and I realized people were gazing at me thru the windows and I saw curtains are being closed while I was walking. I did not know that Newton was a very wealthy neighborhood, it just looked nice.

All of a sudden a police car pulled over and asked me if I live in Newton and wanted to see my ID. I said I don't live here, I am just walking and I handed my ID to the police. He talked over the radio to the station and cleared my info and turned to me and said "you better not walking around here, people called and complained"

I was gonna ask "complain about what?" but the way he looked at me with those Irish eyes, I knew I should go. He even pointed with this fingers the T station direction.

I am not black and yes Boston is racist.

This will never happen in another country. Not even in a 3rd world country. Capitalism and racism can be felt even in the sidewalks.

What ethnicity are you?

My family is brownish South American and they lived in Brookline since the mid-70s. None of them have experienced that level of racism. My aunt who was a teacher in Brookline says she never once experienced racism. My mother who worked in an office in Newton experienced some mild racism but nothing that made a huge impression on her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston