Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2015, 08:51 AM

3,973 posts, read 5,765,155 times

Advertisements

I get depressed every time I remember that the MBTA never revived service on the "A" Line Green Line branch which ran right through Brighton Center and Oak Square until it was too late to save. That is the one depressing thing about Brighton IMO. I was walking on Galen Street from Newton Corner up to Watertown Square past the Green Line carhouse yesterday and thought to myself what a wasted, wasted opportunity the MBTA had in developing TOD all along that corridor, especially with the grown number of college students and young urban professionals in Brighton and Watertown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2015, 07:21 PM

9,080 posts, read 6,302,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Peasant View Post
I get depressed every time I remember that the MBTA never revived service on the "A" Line Green Line branch which ran right through Brighton Center and Oak Square until it was too late to save. That is the one depressing thing about Brighton IMO. I was walking on Galen Street from Newton Corner up to Watertown Square past the Green Line carhouse yesterday and thought to myself what a wasted, wasted opportunity the MBTA had in developing TOD all along that corridor, especially with the grown number of college students and young urban professionals in Brighton and Watertown.
People should be depressed that the urban ring will never become a reality for Boston, too much nimbyism throughout the inner suburbs.

Old 04-27-2015, 03:12 AM

5,788 posts, read 5,102,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsonDan View Post
People should be depressed that the urban ring will never become a reality for Boston, too much nimbyism throughout the inner suburbs.
Lots of new condo constructions planned and coming on line in Quincy. That, designed for the young professionals, and the very abundant SFH stock across the city with nice backyards, urban amenities, T service to DTX/beyond at still affordable prices (though rapidly climbing) make the city in the south a viable option. If you insist on Watertowns and Arlington etc to the west or whatever, then that's your problem. Quincy's schools are also not bad and getting even better with sustained investment.

Old 04-27-2015, 08:58 AM

6,457 posts, read 7,791,376 times
Another vote for just you!

I don't find any of those areas depressing at all. Even Allston...people say it's too dirty, too grungy, too studenty, too whatever. I like the area (visiting it). It's a fun place. I also like the other areas, none of them depress me in the least. Brookline and Allston make me happy actually - the very opposite effect you are getting - if I'm feeling low, a walk through Allston or Brookline brightens me up. Anyway, we're all different and look at things differently so whatev right?

Best of luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston