Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2023, 06:59 PM

16,318 posts, read 8,150,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizim View Post
I don't care if he was green. the way he shot out of that slide was hilarious. Especially since I am a but older and remember how unforgiving those things were.

You have no actually proof or even evidence the mocking was race based. It's just race baiting, which is weak.
I've seen much funnier things than that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2023, 10:35 PM

2,501 posts, read 4,433,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
If it's such a joke why so much coverage?
Because dude came out of the slide awkward as heck, and injured himself. On a kids slide. It's hilarious, the lack of athleticism.

Old 08-03-2023, 04:57 AM

5,094 posts, read 2,658,571 times
There's no lack of "athleticism," it probably would have happened to any larger person. It's also not funny that he injured himself, but it wasn't serious. I chuckled because I found the entire incident surreal, not for deranged reasons like being gleeful it happened to a cop. Like I said, I'm sure he will look back on it and get a chuckle too. If you think that can't happen to you, you're deluded.

Old 08-03-2023, 06:23 AM

1,537 posts, read 1,123,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
I could never imagine doing that at my place of work or to anyone. It's amazing how selfish and nasty people can be. Oh I don't want to use my own money, or I dont have the money so let me just steal it from BPS.
I’m speculating but am almost certain she didn’t think of it as stealing from children. It likely started really small and as she got away with more the amounts got larger. She might’ve thought she was “owed” based on her position and work she was doing compared to her pay (looks like $140-150k based on Google search).

Old 08-03-2023, 07:46 AM

16,318 posts, read 8,150,917 times
Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplexsimon View Post
I’m speculating but am almost certain she didn’t think of it as stealing from children. It likely started really small and as she got away with more the amounts got larger. She might’ve thought she was “owed” based on her position and work she was doing compared to her pay (looks like $140-150k based on Google search).
It's not the first time i've heard someone stealing from their workplace and i'm sure it wont be the last. It just seems kind of worse in that she's stealing money from a school system.

Old 08-03-2023, 05:45 PM

851 posts, read 416,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplexsimon View Post
She's a thief, plain and simple. And worse, a thief betraying the public trust. The only thing she's owed is the inside of a jail cell. You bothered to look up her income? And is that amount before or after embezzlement?

Old 08-04-2023, 08:23 AM

21,628 posts, read 12,733,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostongymjunkie View Post
There's no lack of "athleticism," it probably would have happened to any larger person. It's also not funny that he injured himself, but it wasn't serious. I chuckled because I found the entire incident surreal, not for deranged reasons like being gleeful it happened to a cop. Like I said, I'm sure he will look back on it and get a chuckle too. If you think that can't happen to you, you're deluded.
0% chance I go GTA rag dol down that slide. 0%. Why was he going down the slide backward on his stomach lol. Thats stuff my 3 year old does and i have to tell him be careful. Like how excited was bro to go down a slide he just had to do it upside down. Childish Lmao.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHY7...nel=PizzaSlice

Old 08-04-2023, 08:59 AM

12,825 posts, read 22,003,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
0% chance I go GTA rag dol down that slide. 0%. Why was he going down the slide backward on his stomach lol. Thats stuff my 3 year old does and i have to tell him be careful. Like how excited was bro to go down a slide he just had to do it upside down. Childish Lmao.
Is there any way for an adult to go down a slide in a playground that's not childish lol? Even if you do it with perfect form and stick the landing, you're still a grown man on a child's slide. That's best case scenario. That's kind of why I'd think this cop is probably laughing at the video too. It's not like he thought he was going to look badass and then it somehow all went south.

Tom Brady still has the best viral "grown man on a slide" content IMHO.

Old 08-04-2023, 10:50 AM

5,094 posts, read 2,658,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
Blah blah blah. Your bias against police (and your self-perception of omnipotence) is well established and documented here, so the comment doesn't really surprise me. (lmao) Others have had similar experiences with this slide and why individual experiences vary remains unclear at this point. Having 20 pounds of gear on your belt and a kevlar vest might have played a role. It may also relate to a person's build/weight. A similar slide in Chicago was dismantled due to similar issues.

https://www.nbcchicago.com/consumer/...suits/2479872/

Old 08-04-2023, 11:08 AM

23,571 posts, read 18,678,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostongymjunkie View Post
Having 20 pounds of gear on your belt and a kevlar vest might have played a role

That's the first thing I thought of, as that would really affect one's balance and weight distribution in how they land. You don't have to be a physics major...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston