Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2023, 10:39 AM

17,164 posts, read 8,808,850 times

Advertisements

I'm not defending her, but I'm baffled at what an issue THIS has become when people from other countries are basically stealing from MA by being put up in hotels and being given free everything

Given the circumstances of this past weekend in Boston and Worcester who is this really helping?

I'm sorry you think this is SUCH a big deal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2023, 10:41 AM

23,940 posts, read 19,159,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostongymjunkie View Post
I don't know if I'm included in this, but I want to point out that in no way did I defend her behavior and don't recall anyone doing that--although I'm not going back to review the whole thread to refresh my memory.

Maybe you didn't defend her but you did go out of your way to "explain" things, that weren't really necessary. Bottom line is she did a terrible thing and in an ideal world, she would not have that job. I don't think anybody was arguing against the unknown facts or whatever disciplinary guidelines are in her union contract, that is what it is.

And to be clear, I'm not opposed to you posting your perspective here. I was responding to the accusation that people are trying to make something out of nothing or that it's a bunch of "liberals" looking to "hang cops". If the thread started with a few "shame on her" posts (and no disagreement), it would have fizzled out within one page.

Old 08-28-2023, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
I'm not defending her, but I'm baffled at what an issue THIS has become when people from other countries are basically stealing from MA by being put up in hotels and being given free everything

Given the circumstances of this past weekend in Boston and Worcester who is this really helping?

I'm sorry you think this is SUCH a big deal.

What do any of those events have to do with this? That's deflection at its finest.

Old 08-28-2023, 10:45 AM

5,207 posts, read 2,793,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Maybe you didn't defend her but you did go out of your way to "explain" things, that weren't really necessary. Bottom line is she did a terrible thing and in an ideal world, she would not have that job. I don't think anybody was arguing against the unknown facts or whatever disciplinary guidelines are in her union contract, that is what it is.

And to be clear, I'm not opposed to you posting your perspective here. I was responding to the accusation that people are trying to make something out of nothing or that it's a bunch of "liberals" looking to "hang cops". If the thread started with a few "shame on her" posts (and no disagreement), it would have fizzled out within one page.
I didn't go out of my way to do anything, anymore than you're going out of your way to state your own position. But I also don't come here to comment based on an ideal world. I live in the real world and I know how things work in the public sector and in law enforcement. My comments about real world events aren't based on how things should be they are based on how things are, and on what FACTS are available or unavailable. You're free to make conclusive moral judgements about people based only on what you read in the news, or see in a google image, and absent all the facts. That's not what I generally do because I think it's a useless exercise and not what I would want to be doing in real life. And that goes for both cops and non-cops.

Old 08-28-2023, 10:49 AM

3,339 posts, read 2,199,034 times
Quote:
What do any of those events have to do with this? That's deflection at its finest.
some would call it TROLLING

Old 08-28-2023, 10:51 AM

Quote:
I didn't go out of my way to do anything, anymore than you're going out of your way to state your own position. But I also don't come here to comment based on an ideal world. I live in the real world and I know how things work in the public sector and in law enforcement.

I think most people understand the gap between reality and the "ideal" world, but people generally come on boards like this to vent (which they have every right to). This is free discussion, not a court room or disciplinary hearing.

Old 08-28-2023, 10:55 AM

Quote:
You're free to make conclusive moral judgements about people based only on what you read in the news, or see in a google image, and absent all the facts.

Are you questioning the fact that she stole?

Old 08-28-2023, 10:59 AM

Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeePee View Post
some would call it TROLLING
you're the biggest troll on here.

Keep deflecting the big issues of the city and focus on ones like this. Take in a migrant.

Old 08-28-2023, 11:00 AM

3,339 posts, read 2,199,034 times
Boston cop suspended for taking money from lost wallet

you keep on and on about migrants. Get a hobby. you make this forum unbearable

Old 08-28-2023, 11:00 AM

Default re

Quote:
Are you questioning the fact that she stole?
I'm questionning why this made such a spectacle when there are people stealing from others all day every day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston