Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 10:35 PM

57 posts, read 59,408 times

Advertisements

Love him or hate him?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2007, 10:58 PM

2,072 posts, read 6,698,009 times
Default Neither

I dont love the guy nor hate. For the most part i'll say his TV attitude is all show, all about the Pay per view numbers. I met him a couple of times here in Vegas , also met Tyson many, many times. They were totally mellow and nowhere near what they appear to be like on TV. Both took photos with me, signed stuff, hung out.

I'll say that Mayweather is easily the best pound for pound fighter around today.

Old 12-04-2007, 11:24 PM

3,531 posts, read 2,595,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Positiveone View Post

I'll say that Mayweather is easily the best pound for pound fighter around today.
Many have the same view of Hatton..Should be one to savour..

Old 12-04-2007, 11:43 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,391,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReSpEcT View Post
Love him or hate him?
I love watching him as a fighter. Time (certainly this next fight) will help determine if he belongs among the all-time greats.

I'm a big fan of Floyd Mayweather.

Old 12-05-2007, 10:47 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,965,351 times
I am a big fan of Mayweather and also like Hatton a lot as well. I think Hatton may win the fight because I'd be willing to be the farm that Mayweather will be running the entire time trying to stay away from Hatton. If the fight goes to the judges Ricky will win based on his agressive style.

Old 12-06-2007, 01:08 AM

2,072 posts, read 6,698,009 times
Default Floyd doesnt run!

When has Floyd ever ran in a fight? He didnt run against Dela Hoya thats for sure and Hoya was a much stronger puncher then Hatton is. Poeple say Floyd runs, what he does is stand there and box your head off in a offensive yet very odd defensive style. Floyd wins an easy decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
I am a big fan of Mayweather and also like Hatton a lot as well. I think Hatton may win the fight because I'd be willing to be the farm that Mayweather will be running the entire time trying to stay away from Hatton. If the fight goes to the judges Ricky will win based on his agressive style.

Old 12-06-2007, 09:53 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,965,351 times
Floyd will definately be fighting backing up in this fight. Hatton will place constant pressure on him like he's never seen before. Hatton is the closest thing to Joe Frazier to come along in many, many years. They should call him mini-Joe Frazier. Floyd will HAVE to stick and move, stick and move if he wants to survive because Hatton will always be coming forward.

I can see it now, round 1 - Hatton comes out and starts blasting away at Floyd. Floyd is so shocked that he gives a sly grin as he backs up.

Old 12-06-2007, 12:20 PM

578 posts, read 3,063,577 times
Hate him and his BS attitude come on Hatton

Old 12-07-2007, 02:16 PM

1,715 posts, read 6,982,154 times
I think he's just selling the fight and is probably a decent guy.

My prediciton: Mayweather unanimous decision (in a very uneventful fight) 116-112

Old 12-07-2007, 09:53 PM

1 posts, read 2,987 times
This is one of the fights that true boxing fans have been waiting for. Something we could finally sink our teeth into and say “I would pay to see THAT fight. When it comes to Floyd Mayweather controversy has been following him throughout his entire career as well as his personal life. Many things have been called to question when proper attention should be focusing on why has he never fought someone who would truly put his skills to the test? Some may reply, “Well what about Oscar De La Hoya, what about Arturo Gotti? They were known as respectable fights in their right”. My reply to that is what about them? Did Mayweather really win that fight between him and Oscar or was it really a win for De La Hoya to lose seeing as he is the promoter for the up incoming fight on December 8, 2007. Undeniably we have to give attention to the fact that Mayweather has been ranked number #1 pound for pound fighter. He is one of the best BOXERS in the sport. Any fighter who decides to get in the ring with him must know or should know they need a game plan to even try to contend with his agility, and hand speed to even have a remote chance of winning. That being said Ricky Hatton has made his remained pleasantly humble within the media as the people’s champion, being someone we can relate to. Let’s not take away from the fact that this down to earth young man has been through some fights that have been knockdown drag out WARS! His gentlemanly exterior seems to shred off once entering the ring and this tenacious immovable object of a human weapon is raging at his opponent with nothing but malice in his heart. Let me be clear folks, we are in for a hell of a fight. Both contenders know each other’s weakness and strengths, neither has ever faced someone like the other. What my prediction is both fighters must be prepared to neutralize the other’s strengths and exploit each weakness. But I feel that once they enter the ring the determining factor will be superior fighting capabilities, heart and who is willing to go the distance for the prize!

J.Swssau
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing