Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2014, 09:08 AM

1,267 posts, read 3,078,632 times

Advertisements

Who do you think is going to win, how, and why?

Pacman vs Bradley II- I think Pacman is going to win

Sergio Maravilla vs Miguel Cotto-If Maravilla is in good shape and health he will beat Cotto

Floyd Mayweather vs Marcos Maidana- Mayweather

Julio Cesar Chavez Jr vs Gennady Golovkin- Good fight. I dont know. 50/50

Canelo Alvarez vs Erislandy Lara- If i was Canelo i would fight someone else to prepare myself better. At this point i think Erislandy would win

Canelo Alvarez vs Miguel Cotto- Good fight. I dont know. 50/50

Your welcome to post other fights that are going down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2014, 10:06 AM

519 posts, read 604,876 times
Pacman vs Bradley II- I'll go against the grain and say Bradley by SD again. He's motivated and out to prove that he deserved the win in the first fight

Sergio Maravilla vs Miguel Cotto-Hard one to call with Martinez coming off a long layoff and injuries. Sergio should win this, but I'm gonna go with Cotto. Martinez goes down off a body shot late to lose by UD.

Floyd Mayweather vs Marcos Maidana- Mayweather UD. I think Maidana will have his moments where he bullies Floyd into the corners and does some good work. However, Mayweather will overcome that and do much more in the middle of the ring

Julio Cesar Chavez Jr vs Gennady Golovkin- I'll take GGG. I still don't believe in JCC Jr's work ethic. I think he gets stopped @ the 9th or 10th

Canelo Alvarez vs Erislandy Lara-I dunno. I wasn't overly impressed with Lara's win over Angulo. I'd likely take Canelo to get the UD. I may revisit this after I see how Lara fares against Ishe.

Canelo Alvarez vs Miguel Cotto- This would be a pretty good tilt. I'd probably favor Canelo to get the stoppage.

Old 04-03-2014, 07:30 PM

10,177 posts, read 20,803,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeida93 View Post
Who do you think is going to win, how, and why?

Pacman vs Bradley II- I think Pacman is going to win

Sergio Maravilla vs Miguel Cotto-If Maravilla is in good shape and health he will beat Cotto

Julio Cesar Chavez Jr vs Gennady Golovkin- Good fight. I dont know. 50/50

Canelo Alvarez vs Erislandy Lara- If i was Canelo i would fight someone else to prepare myself better. At this point i think Erislandy would win

Canelo Alvarez vs Miguel Cotto- Good fight. I dont know. 50/50

Your welcome to post other fights that are going down.
Pacquiao vs Bradley is an important fight for each of them and they both have a lot to prove. A loss by Manny drops his stock and he will need to seriously consider retiring. No shame there. A loss by Bradley proves what everyone knew all along, but he is still young enough to recover. I think Manny wins by UD. I can't believe that Bradley learned so much in his last two fights that he will do anything different from their first fight.

I think Cotto will beat Martinez. Sergio hasn't looked very impressive in his last few fights. He almost lost in the closing seconds to Chavez and the previous three Fights he had were against relative unknowns who held their ground. His age is starting to show and he is getting hit with punches that would not have landed three or four years ago. I have Cotto by UD.

Floyd will handle Maidana easily. Maidana will be right in front of him throwing wide punches with his face out in front of him. Floyd will block or slip most of them and counter with combinations and pot shots. Easy opponent, easy win. Nothing new to see here.

Prepare to see Chavez have to drain himself to make weight as always and then come into this fight at least15 pounds heavier than Golovkin. It will be a slugfest but I think Golovkin comes out ahead by UD. Chavez will run out of gas by round eight.

Alvarez vs Lara will probably not very entertaining. Alvarez will be the aggressor, Lara is a counterpuncher. I think Lara will do a lot of running and do just enough to avoid punishment by staying off the ropes and frustrating Alvarez. If Alvarez can cut off the ring and land combinations he can win. Body work will be key. I think this fight goes the distance with a controversial decision that can go either way.

Alvarez vs Cotto would be a barn-burner. I think Alvarez pulls ahead in the last four rounds as Cotto is out sized, slower, and getting on in age due to some grueling fights. I think a lot of it will be hinged on how tough of a fight he has with Martinez. That fight should answer some questions.

Old 04-05-2014, 10:36 PM

2,412 posts, read 2,478,091 times
Pacman vs Bradley II- PacMan, he wont let the judges screw him this time

If Maravilla is in good shape and health he will beat Cotto- Maravilla, barely

Julio Cesar Chavez Jr vs Gennady Golovkin- Chavez

Canelo Alvarez vs Erislandy Lara- Canelo easily, TKO

Canelo Alvarez vs Miguel Cotto- Canelo, potential stoppage

Old 04-06-2014, 09:08 AM

686 posts, read 1,232,594 times
Pacman vs Bradley II- Pacman should win this.

Sergio Maravilla vs Miguel Cotto - Cotto has got this. I think he's found his "second wind" even though he's nearing the end of his career.

Floyd Mayweather vs Marcos Maidana- Mayweather. Another Mayweather destruction of a straight ahead non-boxer.

Julio Cesar Chavez Jr vs Gennady Golovkin - Chavez is no where near Triple G's league. Only thing is, GGG has probably never weighed 168 in his life and Chavez is right now walking around at 185-190. I HATE Chavez. HATE him. He's a bum. His father should be ashamed of him. He's a joke. I think he should fight another natural 168 pounder like Ward, Bika, Abraham, etc. But he wont because he'd die. I still hope that if he fights GGG, he gets completely destroyed and exposed for the scrub/hack/bum that he is.

Canelo Alvarez vs Erislandy Lara - Too early for me to say on this one.

Canelo Alvarez vs Miguel Cotto- This is the fight I want to see.

Old 04-12-2014, 12:13 PM

592 posts, read 803,445 times
Pacman- Bradley II- I think Bradley will outbox Pacman clearly this time, but they might give Manny the nod based on throwing a lot of punches...and trying to set up a trilogy to get the most money out of it.

Sergio vs Cotto- Maravilla UD. I think his size will give Cotto problems. Cotto had issues with Austin Trout, I think it will be similar in this fight. Cotto always gives 100% though, so I can't count him out.

Mayweather vs Maidana- Mayweather UD.

JCC Vs GGG- GGG by sd. I don't know how well GGG can box and move, but he won't have to do too much moving in this fight. To JCC's credit, he has a very solid chin.

Canelo vs Lara- Controversial SD win for Canelo because the fight could easily be scored a draw as Lara won't engage and Canelo will seem to land the more harder blows.

Alvarez vs Cotto- Alvarez SD, he's very sharp...doesn't really have one punch ko power but he can throw combos that should give him a little room. If he tires in the middle of the fight, Cotto's experience will take over and he can make it a close fight...but they will give it to Alvarez because he's the bigger name at this moment.

Old 04-12-2014, 09:16 PM

1,267 posts, read 3,078,632 times
Pacman vs Bradley II- I think Pacman will be more agressive this time. I dont think Bradley has the punching power to K.O Pacquiao. Bradley is physically strong, has great conditioning and speed, but i dont this he has the enough power and timing like Marquez to pull out a K.O. Pacman idk if he is going to K.O him. Bradley has a pretty strong chin

Sergio vs Cotto- C'mon now. Sergio has outboxed 6"1,"6'2,6"3 boxers. Cotto is only 5"7 and moving up to 160. Cotto best weight class was at 147. Cotto is a hell of a fighter but he did struggle against outside and counterpunchers like Floyd Mayweather and Austin Trout. Martinez is no mayweather, but that guy hits hard, and Cotto is going to feel it. He hurted Pavlik and Paul Williams. Sergio wins by UD

Mayweather vs Maidana- Mayweather U.D. Easy for Mayweather. Why does he keep fighting flat footed fighters though? Maidana, Canelo, Guerrero, Cotto, Ortiz, Oscar de la Hoya, Hatton, Baldomir etc? Juan Manuel Marquez is a tremendous counterpuncher and his timing is one of the best in this era. But he is not the fastest fighter. Judah has been the only one with fast speed in the last decade and that was in 2006. Cmon Mayweather...

JCC JR vs GGG. JCC JR is overrated in terms of popularity. His skill has always been questioned, even by the people who always keep up with his fights. I wonder if GGG will be exposed? This is arguable his thoughest opponent to this date. GGG is great overall against good fighters but will he be great against a good fighter that is much bigger and has a stronger chin? Will see. I want JCC JR to win just because i dont want him to taint the Cesar Chavez family legacy. I dont think he is great, i just want him to leave the sport of boxing in good terms, and may other Chavez members continue the family legacy.

Canelo vs Lara. I want Canelo to win. But Lara is one skilled fighter. I dont understand why he is callilng Canelo a coward if he is just going to be moving backwards the whole fight and not will to trade? Whatever.

Canelo vs Cotto- Two of my favorite fighters. Mexico vs Puerto Rico. Cotto and Canelo are probably the most popular fighters from Mexico and Puerto Rico. This is going to be a huge event.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing