Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2016, 09:28 PM

469 posts, read 577,528 times

Advertisements

Roy Jones Jr. feels he is the #1 fighter pound for pound in the world.

His "loss" was an unfortunate incident where the referee pretty much allowed Salido to hit him low, trap his arms, hit him behind the head over and over, etc.

In his interviews, he shows nothing but respect for his opponents.

Can he beat Rigo?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2016, 11:40 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,792,061 times
Loma is the real deal. He had close to 400 amateur bouts and won gold medals in two consecutive Olympics in two separate weight classes. I think he beats Rigo, but it will be a fight that goes the distance, with Loma chasing him and cutting him off for a better part of the fight. If he rematches Salido I think he will win by TKO. The only fighter I see having a chance to beat him is Walters, but he's more interested in pricing himself out of competitive fights lately so I wouldn't hold my breath.

I would rank Loma number two P4p right now behind Roman Gonzalez. Two complete fighters to keep a watch on and I look forward to their future bouts.

Old 06-20-2016, 09:05 AM

1,999 posts, read 4,998,431 times
Vasyl Lomachenko is top caliber. He is supremely talented with extraordinary footwork and handspeed. Watch his KO of Roman Martinez. Jim Lamply is a very experienced& respected commentator but Vasyl Lomachenko is so fast that when he knocks out Martinez, Lampley thinks it is one right hook when in reality it was a two punch combination. This guy is so fast you can only see both punches in slow motion replay.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=y1uArwbAEb8] - YouTube[/url

Old 06-28-2016, 04:25 PM

1,999 posts, read 4,998,431 times
Lomachenko is the man right now. His style is poetry. His footwork is reminiscent of Willie Pep' with Pacquio offense.

Old 07-10-2016, 09:01 AM

4,566 posts, read 5,428,545 times
I agree with Roy Jones, Lomachenko is my #1 P4P fighter right now. Followed by GGG, Chocolatito, and Thurman.

Lot of guys coming out of Ukraine are just monsters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing