Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2022, 12:31 AM

3,562 posts, read 4,392,735 times

Advertisements

While not a devoted fan of Davis, I do recognize his sweet and easy victory against his last opponent, Rolly Romero. Never before had I heard of Romero. I was not impressed from what little I saw of him. Romero seems like an emotional Fighter who banks on that one KO punch. Things did not work in his favor against Gervonta Davis tonight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2023, 12:18 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,528,733 times
This guy is only fighting for $$$ instead of legacy. He's fun to watch, but it's becoming a joke. He will regret it one day when he sits on his rocking chair about not fighting the best. You can't take all that $$ to your grave and no one will care about him. At least, if he fought the best fighters, people would talk about the fights that mattered.

Old 08-13-2023, 08:34 AM

412 posts, read 301,608 times
He has som nice wins, but avoided very best oponents. His skills are real, but he is protected too much by his handlers to protect undefeated record

Old 08-14-2023, 01:40 PM

32,087 posts, read 34,676,186 times
These responses are silly. Tank knocked out Ryan Garcia who he was supposedly ducking. Now it's said that Devin Haney, who Tank was also supposedly ducking, is now ducking Tank. Go figure.

"Ducking" usually means "This guy's stock is now a good bit higher and I want him to fight my fighter so I can make money." In some cases the accusation rings true, but in most cases it's just a shaming tactic used to get a payday.

Old 08-29-2023, 10:48 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,925,121 times
I wonder if he can fight Shakur Stevenson or the weight difference is too much. It will be a NNJ vs Baltimore fight. They can fight in Philly or AC. I bet the turnout be great.

Old 08-30-2023, 12:18 PM
JL

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
These responses are silly. Tank knocked out Ryan Garcia who he was supposedly ducking. Now it's said that Devin Haney, who Tank was also supposedly ducking, is now ducking Tank. Go figure.

"Ducking" usually means "This guy's stock is now a good bit higher and I want him to fight my fighter so I can make money." In some cases the accusation rings true, but in most cases it's just a shaming tactic used to get a payday.
Tank is an exciting fighter, but at 28 yrs. old he has a fake belt. He should be fighting for titles. Ryan Garcia is just a better version of Rolly Romero. Tank is the big draw and he can easily get a fight with Shakur Stevenson or Haney if he wanted to. He is the face of boxing.

Instead we get his fanboys wanting him to fight Inoue who is two weight classes lower...smh.

Old 09-02-2023, 08:13 AM

32,087 posts, read 34,676,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
Tank is an exciting fighter, but at 28 yrs. old he has a fake belt. He should be fighting for titles. Ryan Garcia is just a better version of Rolly Romero. Tank is the big draw and he can easily get a fight with Shakur Stevenson or Haney if he wanted to. He is the face of boxing.

Instead we get his fanboys wanting him to fight Inoue who is two weight classes lower...smh.
So you should now go on the record and say that Shakur and Haney are formidable opponents and that you will give Tank his props should he fight one of them and win.

That way we don't have this constant shifting of goal posts where X fighter needs to beat Y fighter for your "respect," only for you to continue to withhold that respect after X fighter indeeds beats Y fighter.

Old 10-06-2023, 07:09 PM
JL

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
So you should now go on the record and say that Shakur and Haney are formidable opponents and that you will give Tank his props should he fight one of them and win.

That way we don't have this constant shifting of goal posts where X fighter needs to beat Y fighter for your "respect," only for you to continue to withhold that respect after X fighter indeeds beats Y fighter.
Tank hasn't had any really notable wins over a top A level fighter. There is no shifting of goal posts. Just look at Devin Haney(25 yrs old). He is already undisputed. He actually sought fights to put him where he is today and he isn't even the face of boxing. Tank, being the face of boxing, can get any fight he wants if he actually pursues it. Just like Canelo can get any fight he wants.

Last edited by JL; 10-06-2023 at 07:40 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing