Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 02:01 PM

2,072 posts, read 6,708,863 times

Advertisements

Fedor is one tough dude, but in boxing he would get stopped real fast by a Tyson or any top 10 heavyweight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADEGG View Post
Fedor Emelianenko beats them both back to back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2007, 04:41 PM

138 posts, read 980,375 times
I agree with those that think TYSON (in his prime), could beat anybody.

I think the sport of boxing should spice things up a bit.

How about tag-team boxing ?

Old 06-23-2007, 04:52 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,276,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
When Tyson first became champ, he knocked out every aponent he fought. He was one of the most dangerous fighters in the eighties. Sly Based Clubber lang off him. I think you need to educate yourself on his lustrius career. I saw him fight in the empire state games, and no one ever came close to even give him a good fight.
While I certainly see how the similarities could lead to this conclusion, I believe Stallone put together the Rocky III movie in 1981 (released in 1982), while Tyson didn't make his pro debut until 1985. Since Tyson was born 6/30/66, he would have only been 15 when Rocky III was actually being scripted and filmed.

Old 09-12-2007, 11:43 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,435,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
In his prime Mike Tyson would have beat everyone, including legends like Ali, Frazer and Joe Louis. Clubber Lang would be a good warmup for Tyson.
I agree. Tyson was truly a great fighter in his prime, and Lang would very early in that fight realize that he was overmatched by a man with unthinkable "malice" and bad intentions behind his blows. Tyson was beautiful to watch. I regret his decline, like that of all great fighters.

Old 09-13-2007, 01:52 AM

2,072 posts, read 6,708,863 times
Default Tyson one of the best!

Tyson is one of the best of all time for sure, his decline was all him, not just age. I know him well, and watched him train many, many times. The guy hated to train, he barely trained for the Lewis fight, he just wanted the paycheck, watching him spar was awesome though, he would go through sparring partners like they were nothing, and this was later in his career, like towards the end.

Prime Tyson would beat or give anybody one hell of a fight.

Old 09-13-2007, 03:05 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,435,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Positiveone View Post
Tyson is one of the best of all time for sure, his decline was all him, not just age. I know him well, and watched him train many, many times. The guy hated to train, he barely trained for the Lewis fight, he just wanted the paycheck, watching him spar was awesome though, he would go through sparring partners like they were nothing, and this was later in his career, like towards the end.

Prime Tyson would beat or give anybody one hell of a fight.
I agree. He was a great fighter in his prime and his decline was all him. I remember watching a video ("Mike Tyson's Greatest Hits") where they showed him getting out of bed at 4:30am. He said people ask him why he gets up so early and he said that he knows the other guy is not doing it, and it gives him an edge.

I never forgot this and even today, when I work out, I get up at 4:30am.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing