Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Bozeman
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2010, 09:23 AM

28 posts, read 56,920 times

Advertisements

hello and hi everyone!! i have a question here goes...has anyone purchased land from hawaiian arizona corp?if so are they honest or dishonest?whats the land like in the ponderosa pines/three forks area?are the gun laws in montana resinable?i am an avid shooter into 700 yards plus or minus..plus is better..im a trucker,are there many trucking companies in the area?prefer local work...semper-fi to all my brothers out there....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2010, 09:36 AM

6,259 posts, read 14,678,174 times
Hi and welcome to the board, I do not have any direct information but there is an older thread.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/monta...-forks-mt.html

Maybe some of your questions can be found there. Good luck and keep posting, lots of friendly folks hang out here.

Old 07-09-2010, 09:53 AM

1,219 posts, read 3,170,059 times
I must say... Beware of Ponderosa Pines. It's nowhere near 3 forks proper and you might think about a visit before a purchase... I'd also be leery about any out of state land brokers selling land in MT.

Clarkston is an interesting area, I do have a couple friends that live around there, and it takes a unique type of person to make it in that area. Long dirt washboard road is your way in and out, and some of the neighbors might be a bit too interested in your business than you might like.

I just don't want to see you get hoodwinked, even if you are from CA..

(see everyone I'm not that bad a guy even if I cringe whenever I see a CA plate.)

Old 07-09-2010, 10:05 AM

8,090 posts, read 15,163,899 times
Here's a long thread for ya with a lot of discussion of Pizzy Pines:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/monta...-forks-mt.html

I don't know anything about "hawaiian arizona corp" tho I did find this:
Hawaiian Arizona Corporation - Haleiwa, Hawaii (HI) | Company Profile
So apparently it's just an ordinary realtor whose set themselves up as a corporation:

From the listings I found, I'd guess they're buying up cheap/distressed/tax-sale/foreclosed properties for a few cents on the dollar, and auctioning them to suckers. I notice they've got pictures of a bunch of properties I recognise from real estate listings of the past 2-3 years as "from the area" (BTW using those pics like this is technically copyright infringement). They don't list any prices but I know the 10ac lots up on Pole Gulch road are going begging at around $15,000. Access up there isn't great, water is a long dig down, and electricity you'll have to make yourself.

This struck me as highway robbery:
"Your bid will be deducted from the purchase price. The balance is financed by Seller at 11% interest. There is an initial $129.00 documentation fee that covers the buyer's total costs for closing, etc."
11 percent interest?? do we look stupid??

I'm reminded of a guy locally who sold the same piece of junk land half a dozen times, knowing full well the buyers would bail once they figured out what they'd gotten into (no need to vet their credit so long as they had cash for a down payment!)... he made more in down payments than it was worth, and last I heard still owned it.

Anyway, there are many lots for sale up in Pizzy Pines, check the local IDX -- here's one picked at random (most realtors have this search interface on their sites, but you can't access it without going through a realtor's account): Bozeman Real Estate Homes Properties and Lots

Also you could contact Ken Nass, he's an honest realtor and knows the area well. knass@kw.com or CELL: (406) 570-4332

Old 07-09-2010, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberwolf232 View Post
I just don't want to see you get hoodwinked, even if you are from CA..

(see everyone I'm not that bad a guy even if I cringe whenever I see a CA plate.)
LOL!! But he's from Fresno, which is almost still a real place for real people, at least what's left of the farm community there. Before the subdivision craze it kinda reminded me of Bismarck ND.

CA is really three states: SFBay Yuppie, SoCal Hoodie, and Central Farmville.

Old 07-09-2010, 10:30 AM

you guys are cracking me up.lmao.first id like to say thx for the replies and headsup on the real estate bs...second,my plates may say cali,but im from new hampshire,im very familiar with cold and being able to point my rifle out the front or back door and kill a tree or two..lived in da woods and cut and split about 10 cord a year to stay warm in the winter.cali sucks to the bone!to many dirty *******s for me..i can shootem,cant live with em.dont want to support them any more...time to get out of dodge and go where white people roam..never hated a mexican till i lived next to them...to many drugs and lies...id trust a rattler before a mexican...this gringo needs to git...lmaoooo

Old 07-09-2010, 10:40 AM

Haha! Knew there had to be a reason you were in Fresno and not in S.F.

So... Other than not being next to Massachusetts, which you can count as a bonus, MT may be like a homecoming for ya

Old 07-09-2010, 10:49 AM

yes sir,same climate...and i dont mind people talking about me,glad someone knows more about my bussiness than i..ill take that life style anytime...i do know how you native montana people feel about city people coming in and bringing thier ideas..i lived it in new hampshire..and i do understand about your feelings towards cali people.they screwed up oregon...cali people are all about sensation,botox,silicon...well thats my opiion anyways..lol..

Old 07-09-2010, 11:35 AM

1,191 posts, read 3,002,921 times
I'll confirm that you should not buy anything in Ponderosa Pines (see my comments in other thread).

See the personal message I'm sending you about a better location in the Gallatin valley... part of one of my friend's family farm.

Old 07-11-2010, 08:41 AM

1,219 posts, read 3,170,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
LOL!! But he's from Fresno, which is almost still a real place for real people, at least what's left of the farm community there. Before the subdivision craze it kinda reminded me of Bismarck ND.

CA is really three states: SFBay Yuppie, SoCal Hoodie, and Central Farmville.
Door # 3 sounds nice..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Bozeman